• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby '15 announced

Not sure what to do now. I have never had a rugby game and don't know if I should wait or try to pick up rc2. Does rc2 have updatable rosters?

I doubt it'll undersell, plenty people still believe this is made by EA or it's a masterpiece or both. When they figure out it's not it'll be too late, reviews might kill a sequel though.
I really don't get this "Rugby 08 is the best game ever made" when it's a piece of crap. I agree at the time it was the best rugby game ever made, but it was sub par even then. If it wasn't for Rugby Challenge 1 and 2 patch blunders and poor reviews no one would remember 08. I made lots of criticism for the game breaking bugs on the RC series but there where also game breaking bugs on 08, like the injury and score freeze, the infamous conga line and the broken set plays that were played on, so don't think I'm rooting for RC, I just don't see the praise for 08, it was ok back then, but it was as poor as RC 1 and 2 were. And everything we now about 15 points it'll be worse than all the broken games we played before.

Yeah but 08 provided endless fun regardless of the bugs, which I think were minor. It used to be more of a joke when I'd pick heaps of French dudes and my mate knew his team were gonna have at least 4 injuries haha. But yeah, Rugby 08 may be a simple game compared to other sports game but it provided years of fun. I'd still play multiplayer today with the updated rosters etc.

Not sure what to do now. I have never had a rugby game and don't know if I should wait or try to pick up rc2. Does rc2 have updatable rosters?

What platform are you intending to pick it up on? Personally I'd say if you can find it cheap (not so easy with the console version - at least in the UK) then definitely give it a go. Compared to RWC11 it is a vastly superior game IMO - there are a variety of competitions and a decent career mode. Not all international teams and competitions are licensed and there are licensing restrictions stopping you from switching players between leagues - for example, you can't hire a Rabo Pro 12 player into a premiership or international side, etc. If you're on PC you can get around this with Bric6's excellent mod, and on PS3 you can use Cyberpunk's custom save file to get around many of the different restrictions.

It ain't perfect, but so far it's the best we've got - and Rugby 15 looks to be a much simpler and more restricted game by comparison. Hopefully the gameplay makes up for it but it's tough to tell at this stage.

What platform are you intending to pick it up on? Personally I'd say if you can find it cheap (not so easy with the console version - at least in the UK) then definitely give it a go. Compared to RWC11 it is a vastly superior game IMO - there are a variety of competitions and a decent career mode. Not all international teams and competitions are licensed and there are licensing restrictions stopping you from switching players between leagues - for example, you can't hire a Rabo Pro 12 player into a premiership or international side, etc. If you're on PC you can get around this with Bric6's excellent mod, and on PS3 you can use Cyberpunk's custom save file to get around many of the different restrictions.

It ain't perfect, but so far it's the best we've got - and Rugby 15 looks to be a much simpler and more restricted game by comparison. Hopefully the gameplay makes up for it but it's tough to tell at this stage.

Xbox and yea a decent career mode is a big deal to me. Rugby 15 seems that it will lack one. I may go ahead with rc2 then and wait to see if a better version of rugby 15 World Cup comes out

Good to see a decent preview at last - the controls sound pretty interesting and gives the impression HB are thinking outside the box in a few key areas. Still a lot of concerns but definitely some stuff in there to get excited about.

Aww ryt sorry yeh I mean I can't see them making November release so little details etc

It couldn't be said any better, this should've been a Kickstart project.

The interview is 10 minutes of rehearsed excuses and 10 minutes of really pointless questions, if you can't figure out the UT question by yourself maybe you shouldn't be doing interviews at all.

I won't pay for a game that doesn't have online and the excuse that it's extremely expensive is extremely false. Bigben already has RakNet in some of it's games, basically all those by Milestone, and those seem to be low budget niche games like WRC and MXGP, the option appears to be there, they just didn't take it. This isn't the late 90s, online is not optional, it's a requirement.

Read the review a few times, the only good things appear to be the flow of the passing game and the non-button-mashing of the rucks. The new passing system seems interesting, could work very well indeed, but the rucking approach seems to be underwhelmingly simplistic, since the complains of previews ***les was on the lack of control based on the tactical relevance of it. The goal kicking also seems like a nice idea.

I don't get the sprint button, players do jog on defense and players do changes of pace when attacking, but remains to be seen how much specially the defense is affected by the lack of controlled movement.

Graphic wise, ok, I get it, NBA Live 14 did it too, but there was no point in calling it alpha or beta, HB allowed people to play the game that means HB were satisfied with the aesthetic aspect of the game. They might get a pass on it but the next game has to be dramatically improved.

Soon after the announcement I wrote, the worst thing HB could do with this game is make it an euro club game, somehow they done exactly that. How many Southerners as much as they love rugby and gaming have no interest in a rugby game without their teams?

Latest posts