• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby '15 announced

The most important is that the rucks are very bad !

How so?

Most rucks have been pretty terrible in the past, so we don't really have much to go on. Maybe this style will be a move in the right direction?

How so?

Most rucks have been pretty terrible in the past, so we don't really have much to go on. Maybe this style will be a move in the right direction?

All we've heard is that you have to do something with the analogue stick, at least according to that French article.
Wouldn't mind it if the AI actually gave away penalties at the ruck, always felt that rugby games never managed to quite get that right.

How so?

I have to agree, about it may be a move in the right direction, but I believe RC2 rucks were also a move in the right direction. (See my hundred of articles on ins and outs of RC2 rucks:) at Sidhe forums) I think many people misunderstood them many just bashing buttons like all the previous games, instead of choosing when to put players in the ruck, and when to pilfer. Although, I am happy to hear about the analogs being used in the 2015 rucks, at least it shows there is something new from RWC. We should be able to tell if the rucks have changed from the first micro video of a Ruck because RWC was three player in the Ruck animation every time, no matter, three players every time. I called it dum downed rucks:)

Cheers and Salud

I think this game is interesting to say the least. A decent career mode is all that is needed to make this game go from average to great. Plus if they can continue it next year and the next each year and so on... and "listen" to the rugby fans. Perhaps, maybe we can get rugby games that are just as great as 08 or even better. At least we have a new rugby game coming and by supporting them either way will boost future games...if we r lucky.

A requirement for a decent career is a decent gameplay, something that no rugby game has achieved so far. This game is supposed to be a simulation not a manager.

A requirement for a decent career is a decent gameplay, something that no rugby game has achieved so far. This game is supposed to be a simulation not a manager.

There is a huge difference between a manager game and a sim which includes a good career mode. Its something the fans have been asking for for years, since pre Rugby 08, probably even further back too!
I still maintain that I would've played RWC2011 to death if it had managed to include the club licences and a Fifa/RL3/RLL2 style career mode.

Yes basic gameplay is the most important thing, but listening to the fans and putting in some sort of career mode is definitely not far behind at all!

There is a huge difference between a manager game and a sim which includes a good career mode. Its something the fans have been asking for for years, since pre Rugby 08, probably even further back too!
I still maintain that I would've played RWC2011 to death if it had managed to include the club licences and a Fifa/RL3/RLL2 style career mode.

Yes basic gameplay is the most important thing, but listening to the fans and putting in some sort of career mode is definitely not far behind at all!

Agreed!

Agree that it's an important piece of a game, but if this game is giving up on areas to favour others I prefer that they fully focus on gameplay, and online would be the next in line.

I've been home from uni with my brother over the summer, and we've played so much RWC11. There are upwards of 100 games in the house, but that's the one, for some reason, we keep coming back to. It just feels satisfying- I really hope the core stays similar, whilst building on the fact it's obviously as broken as it is.

I had a particuarly gutting game last night where I was 7-0 up as Ireland against New Zealand in the 80th minute, down to 14 with Heaslip red-carded, when I attempted to kick the ball out from behind my line and hit the post. Conrad Smith pounced on it and we ended up going right through to penalty shoot-out, which I lost 4-5. I'm not quite over it yet. Bloody Connor Murray.

Since this game is not going to have all the licenses like SuperRugby teams etc. I hope they create a function like the 1 on Donald Bradman Cricket where people can upload their custom squad players and you can download these squads from a in-game menu.

I've been home from uni with my brother over the summer, and we've played so much RWC11. There are upwards of 100 games in the house, but that's the one, for some reason, we keep coming back to. It just feels satisfying- I really hope the core stays similar, whilst building on the fact it's obviously as broken as it is.

I had a particuarly gutting game last night where I was 7-0 up as Ireland against New Zealand in the 80th minute, down to 14 with Heaslip red-carded, when I attempted to kick the ball out from behind my line and hit the post. Conrad Smith pounced on it and we ended up going right through to penalty shoot-out, which I lost 4-5. I'm not quite over it yet. Bloody Connor Murray.

I agree with you RWC 2011 gameplay along with some form of career, World League job or Calendar, and I could play the game for years!

I really loved Rugby08, wasn't a big fan of RWC2011 tbh. In my opinion Rugby Challenge 2 is probably the best rugby game at the moment although it lacks a few features.

https://twitter.com/rugbythegame/status/501274901706473472/photo/1

BvTi2PYIUAAQH1b.jpg

another screen

Attachments

• BvTi2PYIUAAQH1b.jpg
    BvTi2PYIUAAQH1b.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 37
Does anyone have a link to a pre-order on this game?
I've so far found verry little information relating to the game,release date,formats etc.

Hope there are more than just 30players per squad, teams never go through a season using just 30players

Hope there are more than just 30players per squad, teams never go through a season using just 30players

I hope they have a injury slider where you can manage your players over a career or a competition. Having it just on or off option for injuries is not real enough. I remember playing 06 and 08 with injuries on full and it was great when players were out. Adds the extra element.

World Cups cap a team to a 30-man squad at any given time, hence why there were only 30 in each squad in the last game, irritating though it became.

I don't buy the rationale of "doesn't matter if the first game is bad, as long as they keep improving them".
JLRC was bad, and myself and many others didn't bother with JLRC2 because of the experience. I understand rugby is a small market, but the fact that gameplay is so bad doesn't excuse it. I wouldn't care about official licenses if they game played well (and offered us player/team/kit customization). If I had to spend a few days updating my favourite teams, it wouldn't bother me in the slightest if I got a good product at the end. Even then, G South of the Southampton Sinners doesn't overtly bother me.

At least JLRC gave us huge squads (only for premade teams though). Was nice to rotate players around. Also, please give us a solid injury system; not that I am a sadist, but I like the challenge of rotating players and shuffling squads around when injuries hit.

I don't buy the rationale of "doesn't matter if the first game is bad, as long as they keep improving them".
JLRC was bad, and myself and many others didn't bother with JLRC2 because of the experience. I understand rugby is a small market, but the fact that gameplay is so bad doesn't excuse it. I wouldn't care about official licenses if they game played well (and offered us player/team/kit customization). If I had to spend a few days updating my favourite teams, it wouldn't bother me in the slightest if I got a good product at the end. Even then, G South of the Southampton Sinners doesn't overtly bother me.

At least JLRC gave us huge squads (only for premade teams though). Was nice to rotate players around. Also, please give us a solid injury system; not that I am a sadist, but I like the challenge of rotating players and shuffling squads around when injuries hit.

Both points you make are very valid. Especially around game play. I don't mind either renaming players etc. the Daniel carter on rwc2011 looked Asian so my flat mate named him Asian Carter. (Not to be racist). But it was all good to change everyone's name. Not a issue. It made the game work... to a point.

Injuries made 06 and 08 work for me. I loved that you could manage your team around and put in players with low moral or second string players to cover a certain area. Awesome. I loved when I had a lot of injuries. Plus a slider means

1) people can have it high or low or how ever it suits then
2) it makes it realistic, you should be having injuries most games big or small.
3) people who don't like many injuries can have it low or turn it off

I always had it on full.

When it comes to player development I think rugby challenge 2006 had a good system. Just talking about the player development here. But you could select who you wanted to develop and how much to spend on them via coaches in certain areas. Better coaches meant better player development results but costed more money. Which meant you had to manage your funds better, as well as transfers at the end of the year as well. When a player was injured they carried on playing (if they could) and then you could select what physio to use to make them get better faster, if it was a minor injury you could "risk" playing them, they carried the minor injury but could get a major one from playing as well. Was a lot more management involved. Also in player development times you could simulate the players development, or actually do the mini game yourself. Epic! Not the best gameplay but still great. I think even in practice leading up to a big game players could be injured as well.

Even if there is no player development in career mode, at least you should be able to change player stats out of your career mode and they transfer over to your current game. I use to use woosah editor for 08 and I would manually change player stats based on how many tries they had scored or points etc. 1 try = 1 development point. So after a few seasons of world league I was facing players who had better kicking power, strength, faster acceleration, overall sprint speed etc. originally Tana Umaga had speed of 75. After a few seasons he was up to 90 from scoring 15 tries over several seasons. He was that much harder to face as he has stronger and faster etc.
so my point being a manual editor of some kind would be great as well. If I change player stats all it needs to do is copy over to the current competition or career mode I am doing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts