• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby '15 announced

Are there any gameplay videos from Armageddon?

Hi guys I played rugby 15 for about 45mins today at Armageddon. I've been playing rugby games since Jonah lomu rugby, and still think rugby 08 is the best rugby game. This review is completely honest with no bulls**t. The game was still a beta version so my review is based on that.
I will start with the bad stuff there were no replays, no close up shots of the players, graphics were only up to last gen standard, no career mode and no international licenses. Now for the good stuff gameplay was good, big learning curve. Kicking was excellent. Loved the rucks. Game flowed really well. New controls were great (did take some time to get use to them). Game tactics by using d pad (like fifa ). Overall was a good stepping stone needs lots of improvements but did feel like a new game. Hopefully we get some more international licenses before release.
My score is 7/10 ( beta )

Hi guys I played rugby 15 for about 45mins today at Armageddon. I've been playing rugby games since Jonah lomu rugby, and still think rugby 08 is the best rugby game. This review is completely honest with no bulls**t. The game was still a beta version so my review is based on that.
I will start with the bad stuff there were no replays, no close up shots of the players, graphics were only up to last gen standard, no career mode and no international licenses. Now for the good stuff gameplay was good, big learning curve. Kicking was excellent. Loved the rucks. Game flowed really well. New controls were great (did take some time to get use to them). Game tactics by using d pad (like fifa ). Overall was a good stepping stone needs lots of improvements but did feel like a new game. Hopefully we get some more international licenses before release.
My score is 7/10 ( beta )

I think it is great that none of the negatives are linked to the gameplay! Promising..

Was wondering with the 'SHAREPLAY' option being bandied around with the new PS4 update on Tuesday (version 2 point summit) and also a mention of being able to play local MP games with your friends but online - will this count for Rugby 15. In theory it should do innit?

just doing some spywork on the publisher and found this stuff

http://www.bigben-interactive.co.uk/article?id=496

After the release of its first packshot for France and Benelux, RUGBY 15 is back with its first video, made from in-game footage of the beta version.
The video features a friendly match opposing the Racing Métro 92 and the Stade Toulousain, two of the leading lights of the TOP 14 championship. Fends, tackles, scrums, conversions: the video lets you enjoy some of the main rugby moves and possibilities.
All PRO D2 and TOP 14 teams will be exclusively playable in RUGBY 15. You will also have the opportunity to play with the Aviva Premiership teams. Stay tuned for more exciting information!
RUGBY 15 will be released in the Autumn of 2014 on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PlayStation Vita and Windows PC.

no online multiplayer?? - that will just about do me. this is a lazy development

Last edited by a moderator:
mate this news has been out for ages, I am not making excuses for them but they are completely focusing on gameplay this year and rugby 16 will have those features

Is anyone interested in all the rugby 15 teams and their ratings, here it is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1qubJRJM74

Looks not that bad imo. Is it secure, that all teams with logos have their real players as well?

I guess with a little bit of modding, it could be a good start.

Is anyone interested in all the rugby 15 teams and their ratings, here it is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1qubJRJM74

thanks mate....

menus look rather interesting, looks good... pity about the licenses though, no internation, super 15 license or is there a surprise around the corner for us? i really hope so, we can edit the team names and player names correct?

And here they are in text format (apologies for spelling errors):

Aviva Premiership
Exeter Chiefs 75
Bath Rugby 79
London Welsh 70
Saracens 85
Sale Sharks 78
Northampton Saints 85
Newcastle Falcons 70
London Wasps 79
London Irish 75
Leicester Tigers 83
Harlequins 83
Gloucester Rugby 75

Top 14 (one missing)
Aviron Bayonne 74
Lou Rugby 71
Stade Rochelas 70
Stade Toulousain 79
RC Toulon 85
Stade Francais Paris 79
Racing Metro 92 83
Oyonnax Rugby 75
Montpellier 86
FC Greonble 75
ASM Clermont 83
Castres Olympique 82
CA Brive Correze 75

Pro D2
AS Beziers Herault 67
Biarritz Olympique 69
Bourgoin-Jallieu 66
Colomiers Rugby 66
Montauban 63
RC Narbonne 70
Montauban 63
Rugby Club Massy 60
Section Paloise 70
Stade Aurillacois 66
Stade Montois Rugby 66
Tarbes Pyrenees 70
US Dax Rugby Landes 62
US Carcassonne 62

Pro 12
Benetton Treviso 67
Zebre 67
Ulster Rugby 79
Scarlets 75
Ospreys 80
Leinster Rugby 84
Munster Rugby 82
Newport Gwent Dragons 74
Glasgow Warriors 83
Edinburgh Rugby 73
Connacht Rugby 70
Cardiff Blues 75

Super Rugby
Auckland 80
Hamilton 83
Sydney 86
Pretoria 79
Perth 78
Melbourne 71
Johannesburg 74
Wellington 83
Durban 86
Dunedin 83
Christchurch 85
Cape Town 79
Canberra 85
Bloemfontein 70
Brisbane 75

International
NZ 90
Romania 62
Samoa 79
Namibia 57
Fiji 76
Wales 85
South Africa 87
USA 62
Russia 58
Italy 80
Ireland 85
Australia 86
Georgia 67
Scotland 83
England 85
Argentina 83
Japan 71
Canada 67
Tonga 71
France 85

Last edited:
yea you can change player names and teams

amazing work mr fish

ok cool, as long as we can edit the teams and stuff...

Cannon, do you think we might get more licenses for the game?

Hope that helps shed some light on the "problem" even if it doesn't speak to our specifics.

Thank you, it does; question of priorities.

For what it's worth you guys were most definitely on the right track and there was lots of detail in there as well as excellent basic mechanics. Things like the half-tackled player stumbling and getting up again were great little additions. Despite some frustrations like the quick lineouts rarely working, RC2 is by far the best rugby game to date. Just a shame there isn't the market for RC3 World Cup edition - I read somewhere it's the 3rd biggest global sports event behind Olympics and Soccer WC?

Looks like we'll have to wait for rugby to break in America before that happens. Let's hope the ABs game in Chicago on Saturday can raise some interest at EA to the possibility of a market for Rugby games in the US and that America host RWC 2023.

If that doesn't give us a great rugby game then I don't know what will....

Who cares if Rugby 15 isn't all we hope - I'm looking forward to Rugby 2023: The World Cup Edition.

I don't know much about editing parts of the game i.e. game modes and obviously nobody knows what kind of editing can be done to 'Rugby 15' but...

in THEORY....

does anybody think that a 'World league mode' could be put in? i.e. a 4/5 league structure with a cup and promotion/relegation, and as an extra.. potential to draft players from other teams at end of season?

I know that is asking a lot but I just need some hope if i'm expected to dish out £40-£50 on what looks like a demo with lots of teams to choose from...

I miss world league and running around everyone with 'Newanga' or what ever the winger was called :(

. Game tactics by using d pad (like fifa ).

What attacking/defensive game tactics were there?

What set back line plays?

Any moves from the back of a scrums?

Any moves from lineouts or just front middle back jumper?

Quick throw ins or quick taps?

Thanks