• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby '15 announced

I was quite interested to take a look at the website and imo (wonders of the internet is everyone has one) the graphics in-game dont actually look that bad!

I quite like one of the image that showcase "new moves/animations". At least there will be a few new things to see in the game other than the same rehashed animations from 05.

A bit annoyed that Uk are getting shafted again, but by January i hope to havr bought a ps4 again so I'll probably buy it on that. Who knows why the delay, could be a clause in their licensing contracts in uk? Problems with distributor etc?

Im just glad we are getting a game

I was quite interested to take a look at the website and imo (wonders of the internet is everyone has one) the graphics in-game dont actually look that bad!

I quite like one of the image that showcase "new moves/animations". At least there will be a few new things to see in the game other than the same rehashed animations from 05.

A bit annoyed that Uk are getting shafted again, but by January i hope to havr bought a ps4 again so I'll probably buy it on that. Who knows why the delay, could be a clause in their licensing contracts in uk? Problems with distributor etc?

Im just glad we are getting a game

A few things from the website. Ok, there are a few things I will have to applaud them on. Advanced moves, this is the one area I believe RC2 could of had some help in(there was a lack of offensive moves). The offensive moves are nice addition to see, like spin out of tackle, pop up pass and shoulder barge, although odd that we don't see dummy pass mentioned, hopefully that has not been removed.
Mauls do look fairly promising (although I don't understand why they didn't use the same system with the rucks with the option of adding additional players to the ruck(for the xtra push)(maybe in the next addition:))
The comment: first Rugby game to offer Up and Unders, ????? Have they played any of the past rugby games, almost all of them have had up and unders? On defense it seems there are no major changes to the way of approaching it, standard tackle and dive tackle(Hopefully there are some new animations). Would of been nice to see them implement something like Big Ants defensive approach(high , low, strong, and dive tackles all with different strengths and weakness, or maybe even a join in the tackle second defender (similar to the fifa/pes games). Hopefully the dive tackle will be a more secure tackle to stop the player but allow for more offloads and a regular tackle will be more effective against an offload, but less secure then the dive tackle to stop a fending offensive player). Speaking of offloads, I hope they are in the game, I don't remember reading anything about offloads. My theory on this game is this, the offensive running on this game will be lots of fun, spins,sidesteps,fends, offensive barge,and ball pop ups, but the game will lack true depth due to the three men in the ruck every time. Different amount of players in the ruck is what sets up different attacking and defensive scenarios. I will gladly like to be proven wrong. The other thing I find tremendously odd is the release time frame, I think we will definitely see a game of the year addition next year or dlc for $ , with the world cup around the corner why not release it then with some more polishing. I know these rugby games must cash in, as much as possible in order to succeed and I will gladly follow along to support rugby gaming:) (So long I see in effort to try and better the game with each update or version release) for example like (RLL2) 2 releases and several updates. Also nice to see there will be a steam release, so maybe the US and UK will still have an opportunity to still get the game in November?

EDIT: To be fair , I do think I read in an article/or Scottishcannon interview, that there will be offloads and they have changed from previous editions, in that they are available to be attempted at any time unlike previous editions , were you had to wait for the icon to pop up to offload.

Cheers and Salud

Last edited:
A few things from the website. Ok, there are a few things I will have to applaud them on. Advanced moves, this is the one area I believe RC2 could of had some help in(there was a lack of offensive moves). The offensive moves are nice addition to see, like spin out of tackle, pop up pass and shoulder barge, although odd that we don't see dummy pass mentioned, hopefully that has not been removed.
Mauls do look fairly promising (although I don't understand why they didn't use the same system with the rucks with the option of adding additional players to the ruck(for the xtra push)(maybe in the next addition:))
The comment: first Rugby game to offer Up and Unders, ????? Have they played any of the past rugby games, almost all of them have had up and unders? On defense it seems there are no major changes to the way of approaching it, standard tackle and dive tackle(Hopefully there are some new animations). Would of been nice to see them implement something like Big Ants defensive approach(high , low, strong, and dive tackles all with different strengths and weakness, or maybe even a join in the tackle second defender (similar to the fifa/pes games). Hopefully the dive tackle will be a more secure tackle to stop the player but allow for more offloads and a regular tackle will be more effective against an offload, but less secure then the dive tackle to stop a fending offensive player). Speaking of offloads, I hope they are in the game, I don't remember reading anything about offloads. My theory on this game is this, the offensive running on this game will be lots of fun, spins,sidesteps,fends, offensive barge,and ball pop ups, but the game will lack true depth due to the three men in the ruck every time. Different amount of players in the ruck is what sets up different attacking and defensive scenarios. I will gladly like to be proven wrong. The other thing I find tremendously odd is the release time frame, I think we will definitely see a game of the year addition next year or dlc for $ , with the world cup around the corner why not release it then with some more polishing. I know these rugby games must cash in, as much as possible in order to succeed and I will gladly follow along to support rugby gaming:) (So long I see in effort to try and better the game with each update or version release) for example like (RLL2) 2 releases and several updates. Also nice to see there will be a steam release, so maybe the US and UK will still have an opportunity to still get the game in November?

EDIT: To be fair , I do think I read in an article/or Scottishcannon interview, that there will be offloads and they have changed from previous editions, in that they are available to be attempted at any time unlike previous editions , were you had to wait for the icon to pop up to offload.

Cheers and Salud

In regarding offloads, when I talked to Pete Garcin, he said you can basically offload in every tackle as long as it s realistic snd you are not wrapped up

But UK and France are the same region, as I think someone has already said.

How can you know about region-locking, but not what the regions are?

Last edited:
In regarding offloads, when I talked to Pete Garcin, he said you can basically offload in every tackle as long as it s realistic snd you are not wrapped up

Do you remember him saying anything about dummies? Odd they are not in the advanced moves, would be a shame if they took it out. I liked the fact the have added spin but not at the cost of the dummy pass, the dummy pass was one of the better aspects of RWC 2011, if I recall correctly. Sports games are notorious for doing these things (remove one feature to make room for another), hopefully it's not the case.

Cheers and Salud

But UK and France are the same region, as I think someone has already said.

How can you know about region-locking, but not what the regions are?

video-game-regions.png

Countries with PAL are able to be played on British Xbox's etc ... I cannot stress how simple it is just to find this out by typing it into Google.

The old ruck thing is getting tiring to read now ...

Sorry brother, passionate about the rucks being done correctly.(Heart of Rugby) The system actually looks like a good system to contest for the ball and I like the manual release factor), just would of been nice to see an option to add and remove players from the ruck. Hear me know, and listen to me later:) i get the feeling we may see this in a future rendition. The mauls seem to work that way.

cheers and salud

Last edited:
the complaining of 3 players in a ruck is getting annoying now:mad:
lets be thankful that there is even a rugby game at all cause it looks like hb and bb are the only 1's caring enough to make 1 :/

but i do get what you are saying lionmaull, if they can do an option for adding in players for muals way not implement a button to adding and releasing players from rucks, but we must 1st get use to this new ruck system too
it is already hard enough knowing u won't secure the ball all the time cause of the "sweet spot"
but yeah i think it might be implemented later on too :D

Last edited by a moderator:
the complaining of 3 players in a ruck is getting annoying now:mad:
lets be thankful that there is even a rugby game at all cause it looks like hb and bb are the only 1's caring enough to make 1 :/

but i do get what you are saying lionmaull, if they can do an option for adding in players for muals way not implement a button to adding and releasing players from rucks, but we must 1st get use to this new ruck system too
it is already hard enough knowing u won't secure the ball all the time cause of the "sweet spot"
but yeah i think it might be implemented later on too :D

Lionmaull is one of the better rugby gamers out there, I have yet to see your input/contribution to the game setup RugbyGamer01. Based on RC2 and the additional options the rucking system added to the game, I feel, Lionmaull has a valid point about the 3 players in the ruck. It just takes away an additional strategy option - as you have duly noted.

Countries with PAL are able to be played on British Xbox's etc ... I cannot stress how simple it is just to find this out by typing it into Google.
That picture is a bit misleading for video game purposes, isn't it? But if both the One and PS4 are now region-free, maybe this is all coming to an end. I have been out of touch for a few years.

That picture is a bit misleading for video game purposes, isn't it? But if both the One and PS4 are now region-free, maybe this is all coming to an end. I have been out of touch for a few years.

How is it misleading, for Xbox 360 games ... PAL games are able to be played on PAL consoles e.g. Europe

video-game-regions.png

Wow, this must be at least 20 years old ! We stopped using SECAM after the Super Nintendo. The PS One was already in PAL !

Last edited:
Wow, this must be at least 20 years old ! We stopped using SECAM after the Super Nintendo. The PS One was already in PAL !

Ye I know. Easiest map to show. Most of the countries in Orange are now in Blue anyway. My point still stands.

Latest posts