• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 16 Leaked Info

I hope that they never make rugby 16.

They are a disgrace to the rugby gaming community and more importantly a disgrace at all the people who brought rugby 15 which in everyone's view was the worst rugby game I have ever played.

I think the problem is none of the people who make these games seem to have played rugby to any standard as the games are just not rugby in any sense.

If you see the rugby 16 team please tell them to quit before screwing up a rushed game as they did in for the last World Cup.

I'd love to see a rugby challenge 3, the series had so much potential. Sadly it won't happen though.

HB don't deserve another crack of the whip. Absolute daylight robbery was the last one. It would want to get rave reviews for me to play it.
At least Rugby Challenge put in an admirable first effort and created something worth building upon.

Yup, there's zero chance I'm dropping any money on what is going to be yet another heaping pile of trash from HB.

Still sickened at how much I paid for 15.

If I'm correct the developers of Rugby Challenge 2 are currently working on Rugby League Live 3, so the series are due to be balanced I reckon. Till then we'll have to cope with these half baked games, which could easily be made slightly enjoyable by a few updates but alas, that is unlikely as it's been months. Perhaps EA publishing is a good sign? Improved standards perhaps, hope so anyway. I noticed some player's skin colours were even incorrect (not that colour matters, but I'm sure players and fans who've seen the game were no doubt disheartened by their misrepresentation), anyone else notice Sam Burgess was black? I would also like to see championship included perhaps. More the merrier right? After all how many teams are present in FIFA?

In a perfect game, you'd have the Super 15, Currie Cup, ITM Cup, Japanese league, Top 14, Pro D2, Pro 12, Aviva Prem, Championship, Baa-Baa, Lions, as many international teams as possible, World cup, Champions/Challenge cup etc but realistically that won't happen. Also realistic player stats! Just do a survey, its not that hard, or get some journo to write up ratings...

If I'm correct the developers of Rugby Challenge 2 are currently working on Rugby League Live 3, so the series are due to be balanced I reckon.

Sidhe developed RC2, Big Ant Studios are behind the excellent RLL series.

Have you got permission to post this? This forum has a long and cordial existence with HB Studios - I don't want that to be compromised if this is a "leak."

Have you got permission to post this? This forum has a long and cordial existence with HB Studios - I don't want that to be compromised if this is a "leak."

Who cares about HB? They are a joke and have actually had no input into this forum.

In fact they went against everything we said on this forum so **** them!

Who cares about HB? They are a joke and have actually had no input into this forum.

In fact they went against everything we said on this forum so **** them!

As someone who has been involved with TRF for 12 years, owned it for 9 and adminstrated it for 2 years, I am here to tell you that that is completely incorrect. I don't care about whether they implemented things you wanted in a game or not, the fact is that they played a big part in making this forum as big as it is today and there are some very, very good people at HB past and present.

And if this is a leak and is unauthorised, I care, because that could come with a stack of legal issues. Might not mean a toss to you, is a huge headache for me.

Might spend some money on it now seems like they've made a step forwards hopefully there's more in a full version

Hi,
There is still no sprint button, which I prefer, but it is open to debate.

There should be different running styles which determine sprint function. e.g. Folau, J.P. Peterson and Conrad Smith don't sprint but have a turn of pace. Marland Yarde and Anthony Watson sprint. Savea sort of sprints.

Also there should be step and swerve. Some players step, some swerve and some do both.

Some players do fends a lot like Cory Jane, Some shoulder charge a lot like Rene Ranger and others do both.

It's the little things like stats which mean alot to rugby gamers, as long as the gameplay is improved, it might not be perfect but other areas of the game can make up for it, made up stats and wrong skin colour for players is unacceptable and it's lazy

Last edited:

Latest posts