• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 2001

Originally posted by jgough@Feb 16 2005, 01:18 AM
Sega EA SPORTS Rugby World Cup 1995: 3/10 - Just like Rugby 2004 but looked better. I am serious, 1995 vs 2004, the graphics were loads better! Not to mention the animation. All in all, it was repetative and average tho, but still - Not a bad effort as far as Rugby games tho. Bugger all options. No commentry. Not very responsive. Didn't feel like you were really playing a hell of a lot of it either.
<
<

Thems fighting words.

Bah, there's too much fighting in the world today. But . . .

You could create a tournament with any teams you wanted. Cool!
Incidentally, the PC version had commentary (Bill McLaren!) and actual player names.

OOOOOOOOooh I could go on and on and on but I'll just leave it at: It's a waaaaaay more playable and enjoyable than Rugby 2004.

Originally posted by captainamerica+Feb 16 2005, 06:49 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (captainamerica @ Feb 16 2005, 06:49 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-jgough
@Feb 16 2005, 01:18 AM
Sega EA SPORTS Rugby World Cup 1995: 3/10 - Just like Rugby 2004 but looked better. I am serious, 1995 vs 2004, the graphics were loads better! Not to mention the animation. All in all, it was repetative and average tho, but still - Not a bad effort as far as Rugby games tho. Bugger all options. No commentry. Not very responsive. Didn't feel like you were really playing a hell of a lot of it either.
<
<

Thems fighting words.

Bah, there's too much fighting in the world today. But . . .

You could create a tournament with any teams you wanted. Cool!
Incidentally, the PC version had commentary (Bill McLaren!) and actual player names.

OOOOOOOOooh I could go on and on and on but I'll just leave it at: It's a waaaaaay more playable and enjoyable than Rugby 2004. [/b]
Rugby world cup 1995 was a great game that actually felt like rugby, and was enjoyable to play.

The very basics of the game of rugby were recreated well. If this had become a yearly franchise (ala Madden) we would have a hell of a game today.

I have fond memories of playing this game with Namibia against my mates England team and beating him with solid defense, and taking the one or two chances I had to score in the game.

Rugby world cup 95 on the Mega Drive was ok ( I downloaded the Rom). My main gripe was that when running up (not literally up on the pad, but up the field, goalwards) you ran a lot slower than when you ran diagonally across the field (left or right on the pad).

Fun because it was rugby, not much fun for anything else. And whoever said the graphics were better than 2001,was on crack. On "Rugby", wrongfooting the entire opposition team and sprinting 50 metres was excellent. The 30 metre ankletaps were unfortunate, but was compensated for by the 40 metre triple skip passes.

"ea sports rugby" on the ps2. Class all the way...

Better graphics than Rugby 2004, not 2001. Believe it or not.

Yup, just had a play of both, Sega RWC 95 looks sharper than Rugby 2004.

Jamie Gough

Latest posts