• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

rugby 2004

R

rvinci81

where i can find a list of control of rugby 2004 on ps2.
i don't have the manual.

help me!

<
get 2005!!!!
For your own good! christ! immediately STOP playing rugby 2004! It is ****!

in italy it's impossbile find rugby 2005.

i allow that paly.com send me wrc, but in the moment i've only 2005.
do uou say the control?
can you help me?

Originally posted by rvinci81@Mar 15 2005, 10:06 PM
where i can find a list of control of rugby 2004 on ps2.
i don't have the manual.

help me!
<
<

That kind of language simply will not be tolerated!!

I think you mean - R**by 2**4 don't you?

Who and I mean WHOOOOOOO......would want to know this so close to rugby 2005.

Give me a VERY gd reason why you need this and I will give them to you....

really.
<

OK..OK.... while writing this many other posts appeared...and in one you explained your predicament. Thus I will begrudgingly help you...

PS2 controls - embarrassingly off the top of my head....and tips.....(hehe):

oh boy......

- sprint = R2
- step = L2 (esentially used like a bump-off for above average players OR when opposition team is tiring)
- pass left = L1
- pass right = R1

NOTE - hold pass button down for a second or two before releasing to throw a long/skip ball.....pass buttons must be released BEFORE entering tackle to deliver an offload.

- L2 - in maul, ruck - pass to forward charging up the left.
- R2 - in maul, ruck - pass to forward charging up the right.

TIP - angle them into forwards and first-five etc and get your backline going with a ball that sets the backline free as per running the halfback off the back (see soon)

- punt = X
- fend = O (must be timed perfectly - try doing it at the same time as fend/bumpoff and you won't always slow down when you go through someone!! (deeply satisfying in context of this..er..game.))

- bomb = square (I think)
- grubber = triangle ......do NOT use either of these! (bomb or grubber - except in one on ones or unless you are the frigin' messiah or something!)

- d-pad or left analogue stick = guide players in whichever direction...
tip - use analogue as this will allow you to more precisely move w/out doing the sudden stop animation (note too - never skip an angle....if you are going to move right then left then right for instance...you will have to cover every angle between them to do this..can't go from rt to left in one fell swoop or your player will hit quicksand)

Tips - offsides are NOT part of the game and if you know how to play you can go with none given in a game (against you that is)...ease them back with a suggestive push back of the analogue stick and switch from any player who is lurking over the offside line.
Tips - Run your halfback off the back of rucks and mauls etc if you want to with square (left) or circle (right), angle your run to soak up the d of the loose forwards and the first-five and unleash a long ball or short pass to your backline - can create good overlaps.
Tips - Don't be afraid to take mid-field gaps - they are there.
Tips - Play side view...for God's sake.
Tips - Lift the stats of opposition teams and players to 100 etc and prepare for them to go through multiple tackles and play a brand of footy you might not have known the AI was capable of when the stats are pumping.
Tips - Buy Rugby 2005 for the love of God.
Tips - think of what's going to happen in your move or run...who is going to take who etc...in this game you have to anticipate because the pass button must be initiated so early.
Tips - Play one on ones mainly if you can.

kicking is self-explanatory - stop it before it hits the line at the top (just before) and doesn't squirm onto the other side of the gauge...

scrums - hold X, then depress X and immediately move the d-pad or analogue stick forward (whichever way that is) andhold circle simultaneously to drive. Puch X again when the ball has emerged and the move you have selected will initiate..

recommended moves:

- double pass - two skips or double skip or something.

- blind - NO8

- close to the line - really close - switch-dummy switch or the double skip again as per above.

Lineouts are tricky to get the hang of but are described by the line-out you choose - the rest is applied logic and lateral thinking...it's quite easy really..I suggest the lineout one to the right and again the option one to the right after that - then go CIRCLE jumper (remember to throw a few faks up with the other directions (only d-pad works with line-outs)

LAST TIP - never speak of this game again - you got me in a good mood.
<

DON'T PLAY THE GAME.....IT'S FOR YOUR OWN GOOD!

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD.....get the disc and use it as toilet paper......OUCH!
<
<

FAQ
dont ask why, but i got super board on a holliday night.

and please
dont think anyless of me, that i felt the urge to actually do it...

R*gby 20*4 was the worst game I have ever seen in my life.

I have no idea why or how you could still be playing it. I wanted to like it, I tried for probably a month solid, until I couldn't take it anymore. And got rid of it, it made a mockary of my game shelf.

Jamie Gough

Originally posted by sambad5@Mar 16 2005, 03:09 PM
FAQ

and please
Not to worry sambad, I can't possibly think any less of you.....

<

Originally posted by .:kaftka:.+Mar 16 2005, 05:06 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (.:kaftka:. @ Mar 16 2005, 05:06 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-sambad5
@Mar 16 2005, 03:09 PM
FAQ

and please
Not to worry sambad, I can't possibly think any less of you.....

<
[/b]
its like getting a hooker pregnant. the hooker being rugby 2**4 and the pregnant being my faq
<

I've still got the case of 2**4 but if I ever find the disk I will kill myself.

Originally posted by Jacko@Mar 16 2005, 06:05 PM
I've still got the case of 2**4 but if I ever find the disk I will kill myself.
I don't know why but that made me crack up!

Probably the though of you finding it down the back of the sofa......"Oh ****. Sue, get the noose"

Originally posted by rvinci81@Mar 16 2005, 12:24 AM
thx
Thx?

I wrote for half an hour and got that!?

<

Right....

<

time to get the shot gun and go for a walk through the neighbourhood.

Latest posts