• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 2005 - A Positive Point

R

raziel_eire

This game is roundly believed, by those who have played it and who have a real liking for the game of rugby, to be the best rugby game created to date...

Therefore (ergo, concurrently) beating everything thats gone before
... which is a positive point, yes?

Thats the real point of this post

... now for the rant...

Can all those who seem determined to pick every last hole in this game, cut it a little slack until the game actually reaches them? (that is if they actually buy/rent it)

Nobody is creating new threads/posts every 5 minutes to shout off about how this is the best game in the world and is perfect in every way... so why are there so many negative threads/posts popping up to try and put this attempt (and that is what it is remember) down?

Sure there are plenty of people on the forum who have not played the game but have voiced how pleased they are at what they've seen so far... and these views have been backed up by the reliable (this is a key word here!) sources who have played the game (and in some cases played it extensively) and have offered favourable reviews (and yes, plenty of flaws too!)

We're all entitiled to our opinions, be they good or bad... but the level of criticism for a game that has been given a very good provisional thumbs up is a little high. Who here played the early FIFA/Madden/NBA/Rugby/NHL games? I played a lot of them and the list of flaws in each could and would seem quite long - that does not make them all bad games though...

Sure we can be sceptical because of what happened with the last attempt that EA/HB made for Rugby 2004... but thats now in the past, it is conceivable that they could make a decent (even good!) game to represent the sport that everybody comes here to discuss (that is unless your just here for the game)

To round up... be positive about the game, if it still turns out bad for you, well thats a pity but then return it to the place you bought it and get an exchange/refund and you should feel a little more satisfied. You're not gonna feel so agrieved about a flaw if you can see the good aspects (of which some do exist for Rugby 2005 believe it or not!)... like life, the glass is half full - not half empty

<
... any administrator can delete this unashamed rant if they like, but I felt like a positve thread should be started to counter all the negative shite going on round here (and also to just start a thread for the god damn sake of it... seems to be the trend these days on this section of the forum)

Why should people praise a game that has let it's customers down again? And are a lot of people really pleased with what they have seen? I am not too sure

Originally posted by sean43@Feb 23 2005, 08:54 AM
Why should people praise a game that has let it's customers down again? And are a lot of people really pleased with what they have seen? I am not too sure
From all the footage I've seen, I'm looking forward to having a go myself.

Originally posted by sean43@Feb 23 2005, 08:54 AM
how have there been "customers" let down again when nobody has actually bought the damn game and received it?

they guys who have played it have praised it because they like it - can you really ask much more from them?

I'm not trying to tell you to like it, I'm just saying to ease up on the constant whinging about how bad its gonna be until you give it a go...

alot of people have been pleased with what they've seen... and some haven't - thats fair enuff... but again, the constant "Doom, Doom, Doom" attitude should be reserved 'til you give it a go yourself (and not the 5 mins you saw some chap playing it, c'mon that was hardly indepth now was it sean43?)

... and, I'm not asking folk to praise it, I'm just asking you to not **** all over it (for yourself and others) until you actually know

I hate to say it myself, but look at the gameplay. Lots of aspects seem to be looking so much like Rugby 2004!

Originally posted by sean43@Feb 23 2005, 09:05 AM
I hate to say it myself, but look at the gameplay. Lots of aspects seem to be looking so much like Rugby 2004!
Because it's computer generated Rugby perhaps?

Are you per cance a member of team Swordfish trying perhaps to make us hold out for WCR 2?
<

How can anyone comment until they have bought or rented a copy themselves ?
We had exactly the same thing on this forum for WCR , I think it is pointless to judge until you have played it with your own hands ...good on the positive people on here

i think the game looks good,now, to judge a game it takes,weeks,of intensive gameplay to get a feel of the game. You cant judge it by watching footage you need to play it yourself,Please sean43 try to be positive.

The positive people on here are kidding themselves and will come back on here in a months time and say how annoyed they are with HB studios.

I am not from Swordfish, although they are a damn better game developer than HB

Originally posted by captainamerica+Feb 23 2005, 08:59 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (captainamerica @ Feb 23 2005, 08:59 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-sean43
@Feb 23 2005, 08:54 AM
From all the footage I've seen, I'm looking forward to having a go myself. [/b]
My feeling exactly, based on everything I've seen or read here, or on the net anywhere.

This game looks to be a keeper.

I kept Rugby2004 (still play it along with RPM2) to this day.

So there's no way I can see me not enjoying playing this with my mates.

I cant even imagine the amount of pint's of Guinness I'll be pounding the first week of me having this game!
<

Originally posted by sean43@Feb 23 2005, 09:12 AM
The positive people on here are kidding themselves and will come back on here in a months time and say how annoyed they are with HB studios.

I really don't give a sh!te who made this game, so long as it's better than the ones before it.

I'll be playing it, I am pretty sure it is going to eat into my WE8 (PES4) gaming time.
<

Originally posted by Boltman
I cant even imagine the amount of pint's of Guinness I'll be pounding the first week of me having this game! 
<

You had me.

Originally posted by Boltman
I kept Rugby2004 (still play it along with RPM2) to this day.

And then you lost me.

Originally posted by sean43@Feb 23 2005, 09:12 AM

i aint kidding myself mate

there's 'sean43' - whom hasnt played it
there's 'locks, kinkon, and ak47' - who have played it
there's positive rantings all over the dubblya, dubblya dubblya game sites

ur on ur own,

Rebel without a cause!

Its like trying new food

You cannot say you dont like it till you have tried it hehe
<

To think I actually gave Sean43 some credit for being realistic about a game we'd all never played yet.
Now I realise he's a sour, hope stomping, moody, negative grouch who seems to think he needs to post the same opinion 50 times and never looks at both sides to the good/bad game issue.
Enough already man, we know what you think!

u gotta be bullshitting ive played it and mate its nothing like rugby 2004 except that EA's invlolv and the same ppl made it but the gameplay is awesome!!!

wat u said shud be deleted cos u went too far!!!
<

lol

Have you played the game?

Because once you play the game you will realise its too fast for you to worry about your backline been stationary. Your going to be worried if you sent enough men into the Ruck. Your then going to organise a setplay whilst this is happening, when you have control at the ruck you pass the ball. Now if you were trying to play a fast game of Rugby then you would have about a second to read the oppositions defence and decide where your going to pass it.

There is no time?

Now from some of us that played the game (Single & Multiplayer (Multiplayer i played against kinkon89)) you will realise everything is in your control. It also comes down to how you play the game of Rugby.

The problem is your watching videos. Your not the one concentrating on the game and trying to win. I remember when i watched the videos of Rugby 2004 and i rated the game highly. How dumb did i feel when i played it.
<

I can proudly say this: The Videos do not justify how good the game is until you play it.
<
<

Originally posted by jonwebb@Feb 23 2005, 01:54 PM
I can proudly say this: The Videos do not justify how good the game is until you play it.
<
<
I think that is a very valid point coming from someone who's actually played it.

Now, the only thing is, the longevity of playing. Locks has obviously had a few weeks whereas you guys had an afternoon -- it has left a great impression with you, even Locks' reviews after his brief outing with the demo were very positive.

But has he played it out? I don't know. He still seems keen on putting up clips and still says it's very fun to play . . .

Originally posted by jonwebb@Feb 23 2005, 01:54 PM
<
<
and i fully concurr with these comments
<

sean43 - ur turn..........no wait u got nothin, be gone sean, and go away, leave the TRF for good..........J/K................pull ur head out yo ass instead