rug052.jpg

rug053.jpg

rug054.jpg

rug055.jpg

thats exaclty how they look on my phone...bloody quality stinks man

the bloody light in the store didnt help with glare and re-flection either

but can u now tell the kicking for goal looks the same

as for the licsenses - the price sticker was covering the liscenses

but u could see thru it, and the 3 liscenses on the front of the george smith cover are
Trinations rugby
S12 rubgy
Wallabies logo..........in that order from right to left

hey atleast with the goal kicking thats a left footer and i assume is johnny wilkinson

yeah, they just had to make the arrow red to remind us of 04 huh! lol

The edit shot looks pretty good, nicer menus

so its not all doom and gloom then ...

... I think this version of the game will be better then last time (oh hopefully), but quite far off what everyone really wants - but if we can get a decent base this time round, we'll get a series that grradually progresses...

can't make out the kicking power-up bar in that pic, but although the arrow and camera angle look the same, perhaps the use of the right analogue stick will improve 2005's kicking system slightly over 2004's

... it'll soon be time for locksley to spill the beans on this, as long as its considerably better the 2004 with some of the basics right, I'll prob still get it... just to play some rugby...

thanks for the pics dudes

Originally posted by umosay@Jan 24 2005, 02:08 PM
how would u use the right analogue stick for kicking :/ ?
it seems I misread one of the PR statements from EA ... "The game also includes realistic on-the-fly play-calling, right analog stick controls for fakes and crushing hits, improved kicking control, ..."

... thought right analogue might be used for kicking in someway; similar to Tiger Woods games, but I've mis-read the statement... slaps for me!

... tho it does say "improved kicking control" there, so perhaps that has been implemented for place kicking and in-play kicking as opposed to just one or the other - it remains to be seen how its been improved tho?

Hey ak, can you read what it says in the bottom left of that kicking shot? Is that the score?

Originally posted by umosay@Jan 24 2005, 01:42 PM
yeah, they just had to make the arrow red to remind us of 04 huh! lol

The edit shot looks pretty good, nicer menus
yes the edit menu looks very nice indeed

those options on the left were pretty detailed editing functions

like nose width, length etc.

and a padlock on them

the menu reminded me of Tiger woods 2005 menu...looks very slick and up to date

but i swear they already started editing george smith coz in that pic he looks weird

time to reminicent..............mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

yes - thinking back now the graphics of the kicking pic, they are improved

the font of the wind direction is much easier on the eyes, and the ball looks good.

Originally posted by JJ-@Jan 24 2005, 02:51 PM
Hey ak, can you read what it says in the bottom left of that kicking shot? Is that the score?
yeah dude thats a wind indicator

direction and speed, and i meter to fill up aswell

on the way home, i'll have another gander, and soak more in for yas

Good stuff ak47. Looking at the kicking pic, the camera looks slightly higher from the ground than 04 imo.

Originally posted by .:kaftka:.@Jan 24 2005, 03:21 PM
Good stuff ak47. Looking at the kicking pic, the camera looks slightly higher from the ground than 04 imo.
yes
looking back on it ur correct

i agree

Originally posted by ak47@Jan 24 2005, 08:01 AM
Went to EB and saw the game in the coming soon section with the box art and all.

checked out the back of the box and got a little scared.

reminded me of rugby2004, and looks nothing like the player models of FIFA.

a pic of a guy kicking for goals looked precisily the same as 2004.......so i assume kicking for goal is exactly the same.

and the edit player screen, has a pic of george smith they are editing.
has options like nose width and pretty detailed stuff, and some had padlocks which i guess u had to unlock.

some screens looked very nice , but some looked like 2004.

i await comments from someone that has played it, coz the pre-order cover, wont entice pre-release sales.....it just looks half assed.
Which screens looked like 2004? The shot of Jonny kicking doesn't look too bad. From that screen it's hard to tell but it looks improved. There's nothing to say that they don't look like the player models on FIFA.

Originally posted by Wally+Jan 24 2005, 03:44 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wally @ Jan 24 2005, 03:44 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-ak47
@Jan 24 2005, 08:01 AM
Went to EB and saw the game in the coming soon section with the box art and all.

checked out the back of the box and got a little scared.

reminded me of rugby2004, and looks nothing like the player models of FIFA.

a pic of a guy kicking for goals looked precisily the same as 2004.......so i assume kicking for goal is exactly the same.

and the edit player screen, has a pic of george smith they are editing.
has options like nose width and pretty detailed stuff, and some had padlocks which i guess u had to unlock.

some screens looked very nice , but some looked like 2004.

i await comments from someone that has played it, coz the pre-order cover, wont entice pre-release sales.....it just looks half assed.
Which screens looked like 2004? The shot of Jonny kicking doesn't look too bad. From that screen it's hard to tell but it looks improved. There's nothing to say that they don't look like the player models on FIFA. [/b]
the quality of the pics via my phone are soo bad u cant even tell if thats FIFA or Rugby

i just got the pics coz people wanted to know what the goal kicking looked like - )after i sad it looked exaclty like 2004, ie with the red arrow etc etc)

the pics wont look any better until someone scans it

hey ur in australia - go look with ur own eyes

every EB in the country would have this cover up for pre-order by now............the onus is on you, to see for urself.

Im not sure about you lot, but those shots of the box cover actually made me look foward to this gam even more

I'm going to catch a movie tommorow so I'll be able to check it out and perhaps give a second opinion.

Any questions about the box that someone wants me to answer? I have a pretty good camera so I could take a few pictures with that.

Yes, take a few shots if you can.
I don't have any questions really that can't be answered by a good photo.

Hey people, im new to this forum and im just totally psyched bout this new rugby game, so much so that i temporarily BORROWED my galfriends a**hole uncles digital camera to catch a pic of this boxart. So i will pop in2 dik smiths or EB's 2moro after work and snap a pic. Might even BORROW that aswell!!!!

Latest posts