• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 2005-need Urgent Help(play Station 2)

S

sweetmusicman

Tipical Springbok rugby...(loosing the ball in tackle situations)I don’t know, maybe it’s just me missing something
Problem 1-My team are most of the time(about 90%) losing the ball in tackle situations and it never happened to any opposition we might face whether it’s in the World Championship, Super 12 or Tri Nations cup .We never able to get turnovers from the opponents, how can I get the ball from them when I tackles them?

Problem 2-The only time that we’re hoping to get possession is when the ball is kicked for touch. I tried to put hands in rucks and mauls but always get penalized. Is there any legal way of trying to get the ball from opponents other then wait for line-outs? Oh and sometimes when scrumming...

Please help-the game is really starting to get boring since I only have to wait for line out throw-ins to get possession. Yesterday I zoomed in and found that the ball was lying on our side after I made a tackle and my guys has formed a shield over the ball but when I tried to play the ball I got penalized...

I’m looking forward to hear from you guys.

Thanks in advance

Ah, yes...Quite a common problem. Easily fixed though. Take the disk, and look on the underside of it. If it's shiny, and kind of new looking (ie no scratches), then I reckon you could get about 20-30 bucks for it, providing you've still got the manuals etc. Otherwise it would make a perfect coaster.

Oh.....And for future reference, read my sig before you decide to waste your time reading one of my many timewasting posts.

And welcome to the forum. I apologise for being of absolutely no help whatsoever.

1. Get together a decent back-row.

2. Don't get isolated. If you do you will constantly get turned over. Always make sure you have forwards in support.

3. Don't use the hands in the ruck trick, hardly ever works.

4. If in doubt, cheat. As you go into contact, just before your player is tackled, hold down R3. Keep it pressed until support arrives, and then release for the ball to be made available to your scrum-half. Could get boring though.

Thanks
<

Originally posted by SaintsFan_Webby@Nov 8 2005, 05:17 AM

2. Don't get isolated. If you do you will constantly get turned over. Always make sure you have forwards in support.

4. If in doubt, cheat. As you go into contact, just before your player is tackled, hold down R3. Keep it pressed until support arrives, and then release for the ball to be made available to your scrum-half. Could get boring though.
Is holding down R3 cheating ? I thought it was holding on to the ball which you can get penalised for cant you ?

Part of the game aint it ?

Originally posted by knowsleyroader+Nov 8 2005, 05:34 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (knowsleyroader @ Nov 8 2005, 05:34 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-SaintsFan_Webby
@Nov 8 2005, 05:17 AM

Is holding down R3 cheating ? I thought it was holding on to the ball which you can get penalised for cant you ?

Part of the game aint it ? [/b]
No. R3 is part of the game when you put hands in the ruck after it has been formed, which you often get penalised for. If you hold it down before contact then it is impossible for the opposition to get the ball off you until you release it.

Originally posted by SaintsFan_Webby+Nov 9 2005, 04:36 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SaintsFan_Webby @ Nov 9 2005, 04:36 AM)</div>
Originally posted by knowsleyroader@Nov 8 2005, 05:34 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-SaintsFan_Webby
@Nov 8 2005, 05:17 AM

Part of the game aint it ?
No. R3 is part of the game when you put hands in the ruck after it has been formed, which you often get penalised for. If you hold it down before contact then it is impossible for the opposition to get the ball off you until you release it. [/b]
You still get penalised occasionally........

Though this technique is very effective against the computer..........when computer is on hard

Its just holding onto the ball, and if you do it when isolated, or if you get turned while doing it, you get penalised. I think it works well.

yeah the r3 is a very good point (which is what i was going to bring up) its the only way to keep hold of the ball but you have to have your team mates around you or else you lose the ball straight away.

is very useful and not considered cheating at all

unless the ref keeps pinging you
<

I have another question
<
-How long is the World League? I thought it was only 3 seasons.
<

Originally posted by sweetmusicman@Nov 9 2005, 05:58 PM
I have another question
<
-How long is the World League? I thought it was only 3 seasons.
<
I'm not sure, as I didn't stick it out, but under one of the pages, there was a table showing your success etc. and I think it went up to season 10.

ok i also need a little help on this, can someone give me a tactic to nullify my mate, he plays a very quick and wide game, and im always exposed around the fringes of the ruck and out wide.

use the defense, try the wide defense and try rush up on his first reciever

thats just one tactic i have only played one person and he was very good, all our games were close until i figured out what he was doing. then he just had trouble scoring

Latest posts