• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 2006 Tips for Advanced Players

Hey Gay Guy have you (or anyone else) seen a glitch where the opposing team has the ball and gets tackled. Then before a proper ruck forms the player who tackled him instantly turnovers the ball. Then the player that turned over the ball just stands over the tackled player holding the ball on hip. Ive only seen this a few times and if you stay still no one on the opposing team attempts to even tackle you, You can even run and the opposing team will react late and you'll gain some good metres. Im just wondering if you've seen the glitch before

I have seen this "glitch" but it generally happens when the ai gets the ball. I get tackled; start hitting x to get players into the ruck; look wide to see if there are any gaps and then realise that the ai has stolen the ball and is charging down the field.

Weird!

^True well all the times ive seen it ive been lucky on the side, if only there was some way to find out how to consistanly do it lol. I'd use it for close games against my mates. There's a new glitch i discovered today, I dont know how but when i was playing against the bulls with hurricanes, towards the end of the game Habana didnt have a star! Instead the full back had the star! Although Habana had the star at the beggining. I know i didnt trade players and put Montgomery in as fullback but even IF i did (Which I know i didnt) It doesnt explain how Habana lost his star. Weird aye? Has anyone else seen this happen before?

i think ive seen that before, i think it happened when someone got subbed or sinbined?? i can't remember

Oh and theres another ive seen. I'll try to explain it when i make a break with usually the fullback is the last line of defence but he was nowhere to be found.
After i scored the try .I checked on the replay option to find where the fullback was. I found him he was running foward but traveling backwards i thought that was weird. Then the same thing happened to me and i was like WTF this is a load BS lol. Has anyone else seen this glitch?

Wow you are getting some weird glitches - maybe you have the super glitchy version of the game!?

Wow you are getting some weird glitches - maybe you have the super glitchy version of the game!? [/b]

Matt Giteau once had a star on my game as well as all the other aussie players. No one elses vanished.

Wow you are getting some weird glitches - maybe you have the super glitchy version of the game!? [/b]

haha nah i dont think my copy of the game is any more special than anyone elses. I've got a tip for all of you if your facing th AI. Do you wanna always turnover the ball after a scrum? Its easy, all you do is after the scrum half has passed the ball is collapse the scrum. Usually the AI will perform a set play, let them pass it out all the way out to their outside centre or winger. This will isolate them and your fowards should be ahead of your opponents forwards, this will give you an advantage in the ruck d youll end up turning over the ball. Haha this move is so CHEAP. You can use it against your mates if theyre clueless about this move.

I had a glitch where I won a scrum and then my scrum-half ran down towards the stands and didnt stop

I've had a glitch that happens to me sometimes after a scrum 1 or 2 of my players are still in the scrum stance but no opposition in front of them they're just stuck like that so I'm left defending with 14 players.

The Shield.

Line out.Throw the ball in the front.Take it with you jumper.Then press S (bind) 3 times and watch carefully on the screen.When the last forward binds to the maul immediatly press Q or E to start a forward movement that will shield a player at the back of the mall carrying the ball.Timing is very important as it will determine the outcome of the move.If you go to early or to late there will be no forward movement and a flank will break off.You will note that with this move you DON"T use your direction arrow keys like in a normal maul.Can also be used in a maul that starts because of a kick off.

e or q is the "peel" buttons. It looks pretty cool, dont really know how how effective it is yet. but isnt it all about the looks?

this was given to me by blackbird, thanks man awesome :)

I've had a glitch sometimes after a scrum 1 of 2 of my players are stuck in the scrum stance so I'm left defending with 14 players while the 15th idiot's still there pushing against nobody does anybody else get this glitch.

Another glitch is when the opposition kick the ball out of the in goal and if I go to dive on the ball I slide about a good 10-20m depending on where I dive.

I've had a glitch sometimes after a scrum 1 of 2 of my players are stuck in the scrum stance so I'm left defending with 14 players while the 15th idiot's still there pushing against nobody does anybody else get this glitch.

Another glitch is when the opposition kick the ball out of the in goal and if I go to dive on the ball I slide about a good 10-20m depending on where I dive.

[/b]

Yup ive seen those two happen

Hey Gay Guy have you (or anyone else) seen a glitch where the opposing team has the ball and gets tackled. Then before a proper ruck forms the player who tackled him instantly turnovers the ball. Then the player that turned over the ball just stands over the tackled player holding the ball on hip. Ive only seen this a few times and if you stay still no one on the opposing team attempts to even tackle you, You can even run and the opposing team will react late and you'll gain some good metres. Im just wondering if you've seen the glitch before [/b]

Is this the glitch where you have the ball....are now running upfield with it....your arrow is flashing saying you are offside (lol!)...and often you cannot be tackled?

If it is that glitch then just dodge a bit and pretend that you MIGHT have been tackled on your way to score.....if the opponent realises he cannot tackle then he may ask for you to not score the try...so pretend you are doging all the way lol!

[/b]

Haha...yeah ignore these glitches....with the scrum one though try and kick the ball out so the idiot will return to the team haha!

I've got a tip with using the 'Red kick'. When your winger is away down the side but have no support and nowhere to go, then hold the 'Red kick' aimed to the opposite side with a little bit of angle and full power and your other winger may be there to get the ball and score. It doesn't work all the time but is a neat little trick.

I've got a tip with using the 'Red kick'. When your winger is away down the side but have no support and nowhere to go, then hold the 'Red kick' aimed to the opposite side with a little bit of angle and full power and your other winger may be there to get the ball and score. It doesn't work all the time but is a neat little trick. [/b]

Yep thats the way it works!