• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 2006 Wishlist

Originally posted by lemon@Mar 22 2005, 01:17 PM
All Super12 teams are franchises... for the record.
WELL I'LL ADMIT I DIDNT KNOW THAT

but they are fed players from respective clubs, unlike the NFL which is fed thru college and/or EURO comp

does the NCAA series of games say 'franchise' as career mode??

either way call it "Club Rugby" - has more feel and traditional touch to it!

if it werent for club rugby no rugby would exist!

or even career/manager/owner mode will do just fine!
Franchise is too much Madden of my liking - and isnt a word widely communicated in rugby circles

Does it really sodding matter what you call the bleeding mode - It's a good idea.

End of story.

AUTHENTICITY!!!!!

all the warcries.....songs and chants to be more realistic and loud.....scrap the current commentary and start all over again from scratch!

and all the correct uniform!

and field descretion....o and create your own playbook/setplays

o and a good feature i thought of.....its a trick button you press and the player will perform a trick rangeing from chip kick regather to dummy or even step and spin all happening at a certain position or scene....eg 1 on 1 with the full back and tap the trick button and you'll preform a chip kick regather......but if in the back line with lots of ppl around you'll perform a step and spin
<

it might work

Originally posted by kinkon89@Mar 22 2005, 06:10 PM
AUTHENTICITY!!!!!

all the warcries.....songs and chants to be more realistic and loud.....scrap the current commentary and start all over again from scratch!

and all the correct uniform!

and field descretion....o and create your own playbook/setplays

o and a good feature i thought of.....its a trick button you press and the player will perform a trick rangeing from chip kick ragether to dummy or even step and spin all happening at a certain position or scene....eg 1 on 1 with the full back and tap the trick button and you'll preform a chip kick regather......but if in the back line with lots of ppl around you'll perform a step and spin
<

it might work
and field defecation ?
<

Jamie Gough

^^^
You hit somthing correct there -

I'd like to see the atmosphere's recreated more accurately for each ground in the game.

EG. At Northampton, the fans are constantly singing ans there is total silence during penalty kicks and conversions while somewhere like Wasps, the fans only make noise when the home side is winning.

Or if the Madjeski stadium is included next year, the cockney wankers are more like football hooligans than rugby fans!
<

whatever you call it....when the field makes marks and dirt patches right after the props are done with rucking

i beleive that most importantly they need to make the actual game feel more like a profesional invironment.

for Fu*cs sake the feild feels so empty to me, theres no ref, no touch judges, no water boys, ball boys, subs, camerman

its a shiet job EA. ill say it once ill say it again. wat the hells so differnt about rugby that they cant make it like FIFA or Madden. madden had cheer leaders, ball boys, refs coaches players everyhing u can think of on the side of the feild.

nothing, boring, sorry.

Originally posted by Peta_nuku9@Mar 25 2005, 09:58 PM
i beleive that most importantly they need to make the actual game feel more like a profesional invironment.

for Fu*cs sake the feild feels so empty to me, theres no ref, no touch judges, no water boys, ball boys, subs, camerman

its a shiet job EA. ill say it once ill say it again. wat the hells so differnt about rugby that they cant make it like FIFA or Madden. madden had cheer leaders, ball boys, refs coaches players everyhing u can think of on the side of the feild.

nothing, boring, sorry.
they didnt have time?
<

Originally posted by kinkon89+Mar 25 2005, 09:59 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kinkon89 @ Mar 25 2005, 09:59 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Peta_nuku9
@Mar 25 2005, 09:58 PM

nothing, boring, sorry.
they didnt have time?
<
[/b]
i'm pretty sure they didn't have the money either....

I'd rather have improved gameplay than a ball boy on the sidelines. Sure both would be great, but I'd rather have realistic rucks and rolling mauls than a ball boy.

As for the people complaining that Franchise mode would make it too Americanized (note the Americanized spelling of Americanized), all Super 12 teams are franchises. And it's not as if you haven't Americanized many of your sports teams names anyways.

Some ideas...

A consistency rating - Players with a high rating won't fluctuate too much, but a player with a low one will have his form going up and down like a yoyo.

The difficulty is the thing that needs the most work. Can't be bothered trying to post the ideal system now.

Hmm, I'll probably just regurgitate what you put, but here goes:

1. A bit more fluidity...it doesn't flow as well as it should, but it's getting there.
2. More animations
3. Licenses, full ZP and other European leagues.
4. A good player editor, select sizes etc. and all attributes. And sort the face editor out...
5. GET DECENT COMMENTARY NOW! Please, if not Bill, get someone like the Rugby League guy, cause that was damn cool. Or failing htat, just use mad Japanese ones...
6. Kicking needs sorting I think
7. Fullback shouldn't be so sodding defensive
8. Redesign the ruck system, I dunno what to add though
9. Scrums, I don't like them, I lose too many.
10. Changes in lineup during match (hope they make a patch to fix it)
11. Custom tourneys
12. More camera angles
13. Ref
14. Come on, bring back the hit stick! And also use the analogue for sidesteps/handoffs
15. Better crowd noise etc.

I think the game would be much improved if:

1) 10 ran on to the ball
2) Offloads - i know people have already said this - its annoying to see EA even have the animation there and no offload! (has anyone else noticed it?)
3) when you are running with the ball I like the hand off/shoulder charge - but I don't think it feels like you have enough control over the sidestep - i prefer the jlr/wcr sidestep system (although better in JLR than WCR)
4) ability to run lines cutting in and out as the ball is in flight to the receiving player rather than having to catch it before you can move
5) I think the miss pass in this game is terrible - always looping and slow making it pretty useless - just my opinion dont know if anyone agrees.

Ok well I feel that the turn overs are not done accurately. So why not add an agressive tackle (lets say hold sprint and tackls button togetyher) By doin this you dent the momentum of the attacking side. The a turnover only happens once the attacking teams momentum guage drops below a certain level mmmmm

Now the down side of an aggressive tackle is that push it too late and the tackle will be too high, too early and you shall miss the player... I do hope this makes sense to everybody

Lastly and I shall continue to point this out, but they have to sort out the rules!!!!!!

Johann Gerber

I think i'll repeat what most of u have said but anyway
1. Use right analogue to put on a strong drive in scrum near tryline otherwise keep the scrums almost completely still.
2. Crowd noise should lift home teams in bad situation and drop the confidence of oppositon.
3. Fan scenes.
4. Fix up the friggen stadiums there is no concrete around the field of Telstra stadium.
5. '06 must have a fully licensed Super 14. EA will have no excuse for not putting it in if it is realeased in March again.
6. The ability to play as the host nation for Lions Tour.
7. Mandela Shield, Triple Crown, Calcutta Cup and of course 'trophies' for Lions tours i.e Tom Richards Cup.
There are plenty others but can't think of them right now maybe some more later.

Originally posted by umaga@Mar 21 2005, 11:26 PM
this is not american football, this is rugby. there is no franchise. get a life
just going back to that strange comment...umm yeh pro rugby is a franchice. The blues are a "super 12 franchise", players get paid and are on contracts,
i beleive there should be a game mode, where you do not just play the games but it is your job to coach and manage the squad, draft payers in , raise there salery, fire stupid players like troy flavell, this is just somehting that i enjoyed about PRM

just my little bit 2 add

cheers

Originally posted by mark_shaw+Mar 27 2005, 09:03 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mark_shaw @ Mar 27 2005, 09:03 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-umaga
@Mar 21 2005, 11:26 PM
this is not american football, this is rugby. there is no franchise. get a life
just going back to that strange comment...umm yeh pro rugby is a franchice. The blues are a "super 12 franchise", players get paid and are on contracts,
i beleive there should be a game mode, where you do not just play the games but it is your job to coach and manage the squad, draft payers in , raise there salery, fire stupid players like troy flavell, this is just somehting that i enjoyed about PRM

just my little bit 2 add

cheers [/b]
Yeah mark_shaw i herd got arested for stealing some playstation games or sumthing????

-Penalties for tackles including:
--In the air
--High
--Late
--Dangerous
-Visible touch judges and ref always.
-Touch judge reports.
-AI should commit penalties like hands in the ruck and offsides.
-Proper franchise mode. Just copy Madden's.
-The option for no commentary name with custom players.
-Online play and tournaments.
-Zurich and NPC Premierships (the 06 NPC format), Currie Cup, Celtic League, and French Top 16.
-Been said before, but the ability to play as the host nation
-Custom made tours
-Custom made tournaments
-Custom made teams
-We should be informed about what injury a player has, and how long they will be out for.
-The world league again, but this time use money, and have the ability to add a completely new team to the tournament rather than having to replace an existing team.

Latest posts