• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 2006 Wishlist

I like your world league idea it's a lot like madden's franchise. U should be able to create fans, players, teams, coaches and stadiums. Coaches i.e yourself?

Yeah, I guess they should have two options, both like Madden's franchise. One where you pick a real tournament (eg Super 14 or Heineken Cup) and take over a real team, and keep the real players and do the normal Madden thing.
And another where you create your own team with everything (like you said, and with logo) and you play out the World League.

That's right. Also i reckon they should try to make like a layers personl dress. They've started with headgear. Maybe have latham's socks down... have that option in create a player as well.

geez overboard with some of these arent we ?
the things that 05 has, compared to wat u guys want in 06 is huge !!

geez if u want a perfect rugby game make it urself

Far out. They're just ideas. They may not happen. Now make the game ourselves well, we could do that. We seem to have some geeks on this forum - not me.

General Gameplay:
1.) Get rid off the hole on defense between 12 and 13

2.) When AI has the ball they need to run more and stop kicking all the time.

3.) When playing on the harder difficulty levels there should be more of a difference than just more turnovers, such as the computer taking more advantage of holes in the defense, the AI defense being harder to get through, and the AI offense gaining more ground.

4.) When the ball is passed out from rucks the receiving players need to catch the ball while RUNNING!! NOT FLAT FOOTED!!

Set plays:
1.) 4 set plays should be able to be chosen from a list before the game starts.

2.) There should be a long list of available plays to choose from.

Line-outs:
Just like set plays, there should be numerous ones to choose from. Lines should range from having 3 players to a full line and be able to do different plays in each formation. For instance, if I want to do a drive I shouldn't have to throw to only the first gap.

Mauls:
There should be more opportunities to do mauls then on line-outs and occasionally on kick-offs. For instance, when you go into a tackle you should be able to press a button and start a rolling maul. With each rolling maul you form they will be able to be pushed shorter and shorter distances. Teams like Australia and England will be able to form more mauls in a row and push them farther than say, Spain.

Rucks:
Winning rucks, in my opinion, should have a lot to do with the situation in which you're tackled. For example, if you break away from everybody and are brought down with the opposition around you, the chances of you retaining possesion are slim to none. However, if you get brought down in the middle of your forwards, the chances of winning a ruck inprove. Also, it should depend on how you go into a tackle for a type of risk-reward system. If you go into a tackle using the shoulder-charge, you wont gain as much ground as you would if you tried to split a seam or run around the opponent, but since you went into it in a more controlled manor the ruck is in your favor. If you try to side-step someone you take the risk of either blowing by someone or getting flattened on your back, thereby increasing the likelihood of losing posession.

What also need to be done for rucks is being abel to poach the ball. I cant remember how many times I've brought down a guy on a breakaway but wasn't able to get the ball because I had to wait two seconds for other people to get there and form a ruck, only for the other team to win it!

Scrums:
1.) Special camera angle that shows the feed so hooking isn't so hit-and-miss.

2.) Scrum- Meter: When a somewhat stationary scrum is what you want to gain possesion, the current system of simply pushing "up" is fine, but if you want to push the scrum for territory gain or are close to the try-line a scrum meter would be nice. When kicking for goal, a kicking meter appears where you press a button to stop the power gauge where you want it and then have to stop the meter within an accuracy zone. This srcum- meter could do the same thing. After the feed a gauge like the kicking one would appear. Press a button to start the push power up then push the button again on the downswing to stop it within an "effectiveness" zone. The more power you charge the farther you will push the scrum. However, if you stop it out of the "effectiveness" zone, the scrum will have a tendency to wheel or collapse. Obviously, the better scrummaging teams such as England will be able to push the scrum farther and have a larger "effectiveness" zone than teams such as Japan or Namibia.

Career Mode (Franchise, Manager,whatever you want to call it):
Include this like Madden or the FIFA series. The more you win, the more points you get to buy new players and better assitant coaches that improve team skills such as passing, scummaging, strength, etc. You should also be able to sign up-and-coming young prospects.

There also needs to be training mode that can improve your teams skills. Passing drills where you need to hit a moving target, moving a srcum sled to improve your pack, running set plays to improve your backs, etc. This would be very advantageous for us North American people who would like to bring the US and Canadian sides up to respectability.

Creation:
Create your own tournament that includes style and teams so the missing tournaments would be possible.

Create your own team. When I was in high school our German class took a trip to Germany and the people that were hosting us were big rugby fans, and we even got to take in a national team match. I thouight it would be fun to play with them, but alas they are not found. This could remedie the people whos favorite teams that are missing, such as the national teams of Germany, Austria, etc. complete with uniform editing and styles of play.

Create a Stadium. Combine this with creating your own tournaments and teams and you wont have to worry about missing international and domestic competitions, such as the Superpowers Cup and the New Zealand NPC.

Atmosphere:
I don't really like soccer ( football ) but I love playing the FIFA series because they make you feel like you are part of the game with their great atmosphere. For example, each team has their home crowd cheering and singing specifinc songs, and the crowd absolutely erupts when you score a goal. The new team chants in Rugby 2005 has are nice, but I would really like to be able to HEAR them. Also, the crowd is so monotone. When I score a try I want them to erupt like they do in FIFA.

here u all are saying we need this improved and that improved

how bout we get the basics right - then move on to other things to flair it up

like MANUAL RUCKS/MAULS AND OFFLOADS!!!!

NO SITUATIONS THAT INCREASE UR CHANCES - NOTHING BY CHANCE OR CRITERIA FULLSTOP

FULLY MANUAL RUCKS - U GET CONTROL OF PLAYERS IN, U CAN GET THEM TO PUSH OR DIG, AND U CAN PULL THEM OUT

ANYTHING SIMILAR TO JLR OR 2001

MY 2 CENTS - COMMON SENSE AT THAT!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know if this problem goes away on hard, but on normal I'm getting somewhat frustrated. In 50ish games the AI has committed one penalty that was not a collapsed maul. Hopefully this will be fixed, as penalties occuring in various places around the park is a part of rugby and can be very tactically important.

just quickly:

ACCURATE WHISTLE SOUNDS!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know about the rest of you, but the fact they have just cut and pasted that very basic FIFA whistle into this game is attrocious! In rugby the whistle sounds different for many of the rulings and never does it sound like a SOCCER WHISTLE!!!! ARGHHH

Originally posted by sanzar@Mar 30 2005, 05:29 PM
just quickly:

I don't know about the rest of you, but the fact they have just cut and pasted that very basic FIFA whistle into this game is attrocious! In rugby the whistle sounds different for many of the rulings and never does it sound like a SOCCER WHISTLE!!!! ARGHHH
omfg!

who gives a s*** about whistle sounds!
<

if they dont have the accurate whistle sounds in rugby 2006 would you still buy it?

its just a whistle!

get over it
<

Originally posted by kinkon89+Mar 30 2005, 05:40 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kinkon89 @ Mar 30 2005, 05:40 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-sanzar
@Mar 30 2005, 05:29 PM
just quickly:

omfg!

who gives a s*** about whistle sounds!
<

if they dont have the accurate whistle sounds in rugby 2006 would you still buy it?

its just a whistle!

get over it
<
[/b]
I know I'm being pedantic, but seriously how f***en hard can it be to put the proper rugby whistle sounds in the game? FFS you said it! It's only a whistle! The fact that they could get that right is bloody disturbing if you ask me.

i dont mind the whistle.....i dont even pay attention to it....it doesnt change the gameplay at all!

they need to pay more attention to licensing and some faults rather than the whistle sound

Your right of course... but it's become a pet hate for me playing the game becuase it's so noticable with the commentary off (I can't play with it on, it's the worst, most unrealistic sounding commentary of any contempory sports game barring Rugby 2004).

They need Kearnsey ,Mart'O' and Clark'E' to do the comentary for 06, there the best team since Gordon and Budda

yea i wanna hear some commentry from NH like fifa they were talking about billboards it sounded natural

That's right, at first i couldn't put my finger on it but now u mention it... yeah. I am a junior rugby ref in act and i don't even blow the whistle like that.

u wonder why we cant get our perfect rugby game, when we have dumb wishlists like this, going on about ball boys and whislte sounds!!!!!!!!!!!

FFS grow up all of yas

next thing people will want fights and strippers/streakers - video ref and all that

looks like u all love the rucking and mauling (COMPLETE LACK THEREOF)

hmmmm rugby 2006.....

-ability to create custom setplays (eg. change running angles, fakes, dummy runners...etc) like on madden, but a rugby version
-way better kicking
<
i mean that
-ability to customise camera angles
-ability to pilfer like george smith....and get penalised if a ruck is formed
-ability to let go of the ball then regather after being tackled
-lineouts (eg. customise moves and have dummy jumpers....oh and BTW who says you cant jump twice!!!!)
-defense (ability to choose from a rush, slide, man on man, up & in, kick defense.....and also mix it up! eg. rush then slide, kick D with up & in....and so on) also big hits should only happen if your known as a HITTER...not every one doing big hits
-offloads for people with good handling and strength
-jumping for the ball should be improved...looks too slow
-penalties (actually read the rule book!!!)
-half back passes are more crisp and faster
-better passing
-'off the ball'....eg. send runners for a kick, runners for short, or flat balls....send forwards for bustling runs
-fix the injury bug
-correct kits
-flowing, natural, emotional comentating.....NOT DRONES!!
<

-DID I MENTION KICKING

thats all i can think of for now

offloads
more open play(2 bunched up,too crowded where the ball is)
better usage of the right analog
BETTER MUSIK...not this australian crap
<

more variation of clean copy book tackles(too many big hits is not healthy
<
)
better replays
more variety on d-pad moves
BETTER KICKS
up rokocoko stats...his speed is so 80s
all hakas-samoa,fiji,tonka
<
and the combined p.i wardance
BETTER CREATION ZONE(so crap)
DYNASTY MODE(super12-test season-trinations-world cup)
BETTER DEFENSIVE LINES...too cramped
monkey mode
close up the gap between 2nd5 and centre/wing
cleaner line breaks
BETTER COMMENTRY
better tryscoring anims
MORE ACCURATE STATS
better a.i(well for the lonely people
<
<
)

cheers mode