• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 2006

EA could make something incredible, they have the manpower and the budget but they don't make a revolutionary game so they can update the game a tiny bit each year...

Originally posted by Los Lover@Apr 5 2005, 05:29 PM
I think they get scared by insane requests (no offence to anyone here or anyone in particular) over minute details.....
Your list contradicts this statement completely. No one at EA is going to bother reading over all that. They will just throw it on the pile with all the other long letters they get from people explaining what they would have done better. If we (the forum as a collective) want to have any serious impact of the production of the next game, then we need to be more structured and organized with suggestions, and go through more official chanels. Individual letters will do nothing, everyone has to share thier opinions and show how many people are behind the ideas if we are going to get EA to listen to anything we have to say in the first place.

Exactly, one nut isn't going to make a difference. But a whole list of nuts' signatures might!

If they (EA) considered that all of us have purchased the game, are very likely to purchase future games and are very knowledgable about rugby game play I think they would be very likely to consider any suggestions that we, as a forum collective, make to the programme

Exactly. I never for one moment thought that one guy emailing the company with one crackpot list of changes needed for the game ( right down to the last detail ) would make the slightest bit of difference. That's why the first thing I did when I realised how much sense this idea makes, was to post my message up on here.

The point is, no one could possibly lose out if the real fans of rugby gaming were given some input into the way the game turns out, as that way the people who are going to be playing the game will get the exact game they want, or there and thereabouts.

Of course, for this to work out and for everything to run smoothly, we will need a proper organisation set up for people who are interested in this project ( and from reading a lot of these posts, I can tell a lot of people are ) and from there, we can begin to come up with ideas, and also begin compiling a list of improvements. By this I mean outlining ways the game could be improved, not just sticking in unrealistic fantasies, or obscure unnecessities. Also we could begin making lists of Squads with player stats, and the real upside to this would be that the people who regularly get to see the teams in question, would be set aside in groups to work on the stats so that again everyone gets their say, as that is the whole point in this.

This may sound a little crazy from me, and if it does please say so. But I know how much everyone really wants a cracking rugby game for PS2, and I think this is the best way for it to be achieved.

If you are interested, drop me a line at [email protected], or add me to msn messenger on the same address.

in Los lovers wishlist why dont he write at the end

"these are ideas from the people at therugbyforum....your number one fans"

"you guys are welcome to come to our forum for any questions from your fans at therugbyforum.com"

you gotta be kind to them or else they wont listen

you cant expect them to come up with the perfect game straight off, good things take time so just enjoy what you have now & leave the whinging to your mothers

I agree. What we have here is a solid, playable sports game. Obviously there is some room for improvement, which will occur in the years ahead, but this is a solid effort and they should be congratulated for thinking outside the box. After Rugby 2004 they could have simply quit making rugby games, let alone think outside the box, totally reformulate it and release it worldwide. It wasn't even on Xbox last year. I say kudos to the developers and we should all be thankful to have such a playable and enjoyable game.

Thanks EA Sports!

true that!

because of rugby 2005 us rugby fans are going to have alot of rugby games coming out

Originally posted by kinkon89@Apr 8 2005, 01:12 PM

"you guys are welcome to come to our forum for any questions from your fans at therugbyforum.com"

well yeah...sure.

It wasn't my exact letter or anything.....just some ideas for what should be suggested.
<

kool well we hope from that letter they might reply....if they do keep us updated aye?

But...well, so do you think that that pretty much covers the changes we want.....I really thought about it..

Is there other stuff the general rugby gamer wants that is major or obvious detain as opposed to totally abstract or extremely minor (ball logos etc)?

<

Originally posted by kinkon89@Apr 8 2005, 01:12 PM

I agree.....

but anyone want to add to it..that's all.
<

Latest posts