• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 2006

You serious? I hated the Rugby 2001 system, mainly because it was so slow, and nothing like rucks at all.

Basically rucks were scrums, with adding players. I'll admit though, the system did work well if you got men over it quick. With graphical and speed changes, it could work.

wcr had the best rucking animation...actually wudnt mind having wcr's rucking system combined with rugby 2006

They Could add something where say Richie McCaw gets to the breakdown they could have him fight for the ball by using the control scheme of NFL STREET when you were held by a defender and then you would have to press x repeatedly and whoever was faster would win,except in NFL STREET it was to break a tackle.(easier if your player had superior ratings).

But they need some kind of aspect at the breakdown instead of fowards going in like its a scrum.I think the NFL strength/Tackle situation I mentioned would be pretty good.In Multi Player you could fight to hold on to the ball for a few seconds 'till support comes to knock the Flanker off.

I also think they need to develope the Madden 06 running animations,the side step in Madden 06 is brilliant,and the animations of the the person running makes you feel more into the game.

I think they still need to add more dimension to the ruck,instead of having it look like a bunch of players going in from a scrum,Add some way of fighting for the ball.Like I mentioned you should be able to take control of a player and if your 1st to the ruck have the option of fighting for the ball Like pressing X repeatedly and if your not quick enough the opposition can buldge you over or something.

I would love the feel of Maddens running game though,I like the side step in Madden better then '05's Swerve animation.

have madden physics and the whole game model after the madden engine..and just create a rucking,scrum and lineout thats efeective enough and then we will be set

it would be easier to have a league game running on maddens gameplay engine

THAT WUD BE BRILLIANT!

How about mauls??? maybe when you get hit you could tap the x button to try to stay on your feet.

Originally posted by THE CHIROPRACTOR101@Sep 19 2005, 03:28 PM
have madden physics and the whole game model after the madden engine..and just create a rucking,scrum and lineout thats efeective enough and then we will be set

THAT WUD BE BRILLIANT!

but marios too stupid
You know that a) the current Madden engine is the Madden 2002 engine and that
<
Tiburon are greedy f***ing useless c***s so they'd never sell it to anyone (unless a sum of about £500m is involved)

hahaha dam that sucks...greedy mofos

how about konami sell there pro evo engine

pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssseeee

Originally posted by THE CHIROPRACTOR101@Sep 19 2005, 08:19 PM
hahaha dam that sucks...greedy mofos

how about konami sell there pro evo engine

pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssseeee
let's combine the two into the greatest game ever made:

and have:

- fights (with energy bars that start higher if you are a better fighter - the option to win the fight quickly with w king hitor elbow or head butt will mean a trip to the judiciary or a more serious charge of misconduct)
- judiciary
- four tackle style options depending on situation: the four face buttons (pushing two together would do the stuff the remaining ones do now)
- aggression button - bad timing does not result in penalty (which is flawed) but instead on slipping off or missing tackle
- franchise options
- online play
- up to eight players mp (4 players in one team)
- option of being one player in the team and the cpu autoplaying the others..this option leads on to rep games and contract signing etc if you perform well enough...your team's performance will also have some bearing
- rucking button to speed up ball at ruck...too much means a penalty...as does rucking unnecessarily...Ali.....Ali come here!!
- when you play older world cups it has the players from them
- pop balls
- pop balls though with a nrl timing gauge that can mean dropping it, throwing it forward or wonky, getting intercepted or just not being able to get it off (so you don't end up popping the ball 79 times in one movement in a jlr game to win a game whenever you need to etc...
<
....)!!
- long ball goes back to being a double tap and it can be run on to with pace
- No animation kick ins
- more random play
- more random play ensuing from that random play
- more random and heightened emotions from the random play that ensued from the more random play
<

- five difficulty levels.....difficult means skilled too NOT anally retentive and cheating (not that I couldn't smoke your hard level - without editing - any day of the week EA)....as could most.
- option of changing length of games to the option immediately above or below at any time during a tournament......if your game is good enough....they will only extend.
- option for autoplaying games.....again only an extra if game is GOOD ENOUGH.
- free reign within the rule book over substitutions both in game, out of game, and bloody well within the on-field line-up if need be you friggin' nazis.

There are other things that people will touch on.......but that with every tourno option in the book would just about cover it methinks....

Ironically I like rugby 2005 now more than ever...it is a 8-8.5 out of 10 game IMO - but only becos I edited it into such perfection (all 90 players entered into game and all squads edited to spread talent and skill into the necessary teams. Bloody EA couldn't get it right....and there are annoying bugs...but at least I have made it much more challenging and enjoyable with the tools they provided. So kudos on that and that alone EA you a-holez. The tryz that get scored now I could never have envisioned, either by myself, or 2 player co-op or by the opposition....genuine fun....but it took hundreds of games to get into such sublime form and ability on it that the game becomes a very good game...and to think I almost sold it a few times...classic...lol.

anyway....EA please include the above or I wll use AK to lay down the law on your families (note - ak the poster)...

<

running on to the ball more frequently wud be nice!!!!

not flat footed all the time..i remember i think my xbox glitched up and my fly half ran onto the ball and as usual the backline followed

IT WAS AWESOME!..it led to a a 50metre try but it just flowed really well when they were running onto it

Everybody's always going on and on about how rugby should be based on the madden system. The thing is that HB studio's are the creaters of FIFA. Not EA. EA is a big money weilding company (like an umbrella, or a big brother) that pays smaller companies (like HB studios) to develop games for them. Then EA publishes them, uses its bland marketing system to sell, and pays the little company a portion of the sales.

So to use the madden physics engine or anything madden would be illegal as HB studios do not own the madden engine. That is why they use the FIFA engine, because that is the best engine that HB studio's have. And by the looks of FIFA 06, that engine has actually become a good thing (i hate to say that as i am a huge fan of the pro evo series).

By the way, all you pro evo lovers, get the Fifa 06 demo and check it out. It's a nice refreshing game of football that is actually playable for once. Here's hoping.

Originally posted by bluesfan@Sep 19 2005, 11:51 PM
The thing is that HB studio's are the creaters of FIFA.
Actually I believe EA Canada and HB are not assoicated apart from their publisher...

Originally posted by Muse_Cubed+Sep 20 2005, 02:41 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Muse_Cubed @ Sep 20 2005, 02:41 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-bluesfan
@Sep 19 2005, 11:51 PM
The thing is that HB studio's are the creaters of FIFA.
Actually I believe EA Canada and HB are not assoicated apart from their publisher... [/b]
I second that - we can't blame all of the worlds gaming disasters on HB studios.......

If you call fifa a gaming disaster, your really are narrow minded.

Try that pitiful Sony effort TIF.

Originally posted by Teh Mite@Sep 20 2005, 07:04 PM
Weeell, it's not exactly good. It's been an average game every year which sells well simply because oikball is popular...

Originally posted by Muse_Cubed+Sep 20 2005, 07:21 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Muse_Cubed @ Sep 20 2005, 07:21 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Teh Mite
@Sep 20 2005, 07:04 PM
Weeell, it's not exactly good. It's been an average game every year which sells well simply because oikball is popular... [/b]
Yeah, compare it to TIF or World League soccer?

On that note, it's actually pretty good.

Originally posted by Muse_Cubed+Sep 19 2005, 07:00 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Muse_Cubed @ Sep 19 2005, 07:00 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-THE CHIROPRACTOR101
@Sep 19 2005, 03:28 PM

THAT WUD BE BRILLIANT!

but marios too stupid
You know that a) the current Madden engine is the Madden 2002 engine and that
<
Tiburon are greedy f***ing useless c***s so they'd never sell it to anyone (unless a sum of about £500m is involved) [/b]
I also heard that the Madden engine wasn't really suitable for a rugby game considering that the action before cutting to play selection is short (as Gridiron is) and that the (this I find hard to believe) rendering would back up and slow it down. Fifa was chosen because it is closer to rugby with its time in play though its problem (this I also found hard to believe) was the fact that soccer only has 22 players playing while rugby needs and extra 8 characters on the field for the engine to deal with.

Nice pedals by the way Muse_Cubed ( Muse_Cubed............that equals ?????)

Originally posted by TheDell@Sep 22 2005, 11:10 AM
I only want two things. Quick lineouts and a chip and chase.
........you dont want offloads????

This would have to be the no 1 want for me in the next version.

Latest posts