• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 2006

I'm not so sure about it because of the development time, something this short can't be something to shout about, and Northampton not being in the European cup this year is a downer, but maybe they can go into licensing for the NH teams, and gain the GP.

Would rather be bed riddened with bird flu than track this game
<

let me know when its out
<

lol, you will be like the rest of us Lemmings, saying we will never buy another rugby game made by EA Sports after the previous ***le, yet go out in droves to buy it on release day, then lament about what a let down it was and pledge to never buy another EA Rugby Game.

is this for the psp tho ...if so its pretty understandable....same game a few tweaks nearing 2006 so call it 2006......

Originally posted by Ripper@Oct 21 2005, 11:18 AM
lol, you will be like the rest of us Lemmings, saying we will never buy another rugby game made by EA Sports after the previous ***le, yet go out in droves to buy it on release day, then lament about what a let down it was and pledge to never buy another EA Rugby Game.
So true Rip

However RC2006 will change the trend forever

If that delivers as good as locks says, i wont need to buy another EA rugby, until I hear the whole thing is revamped
<

I dont buy every rugby game on the market
I keep buying them until they are decent, and once that 1st benchmark is reached, I'll stick to that until something better, or its own sequels - like PES series

Locks did talk up rugby 2005 though, so many people bought it on his recommendation - and he wasn't wrong for an initial bash.........long term however it showed its restrictions far more.

Hopefully rugby 2006 isn't as "scripted".

Online would be a BIG improvment, multiplayer... with the ability to hold up the game whilst you punched the lights out of...

Well it's a though anyway.

They announced that Rugby 2006 was in development even shortly before they released 2005 though didn't they? I can't actually remember when 05 was released.

I think Nicko may have a point, this may be for PSP.

Me and my circle of friends have been thrashing each other in rugby 2005 since its release. Its a bloody great game. Cant wait for rugby2006!!

Can i just say , that if ea sports are gonna make a good game they should put in NPC`s new concept for 2006 and put in decent english teams and proper names.
More offloads , better kicking system and maybe just a ting ajustment to the gameplay cause in hard i get the ball and i get nailed its just like what south africa does with their rushing defense

falKor1

Originally posted by falKor1@Oct 24 2005, 05:30 PM
Can i just say , that if ea sports are gonna make a good game they should put in NPC`s new concept for 2006 and put in decent english teams and proper names.
More offloads , better kicking system and maybe just a ting ajustment to the gameplay cause in hard i get the ball and i get nailed its just like what south africa does with their rushing defense

falKor1
I don't know, I started playing 2005 again, and I'm doing well in World League mode in Hard with only three decent backs, Mauger at FH, JSD at wg and Tipoki at 13 through kicking in my half, and then poping to a few forwards and spreading it, and scroing a lot of the time.

In 2006 though, I would like to see forwards on the inside pop, 1-2ms away, to support the FH. Too flat footed atm.

fifa 05 had alot of potential with alot of flaw unfortunately, i do have faith in this series though, as they have the strength of ea's pursestrings, im hoping thet fifa 06 will iron out some of the flaws in the gameplay and improve the general options,depth and longetivity of the game.

Most opinions and reviews I have seen on R2005 average out as a 6.5/10 game. If thats the case, then I'll be happy with a 7.5/10 for R2006, as long as we get the same improvement again for R2007.

My only fear, is that it is possible to go down from 6.5. EA have proven themselves capable in the past, and that is why I'll be happy for that 1/10 improvement overall.

If they base it on the new Fifa engine I'd imaging there's plenty of room for easy improvement, being as the 'physical' nature of the players in this version suit a 'hand off or tackle' style system.

*crosses fingers*

Hey, just thought of something interesting for us to talk about on this thread.

What are everyones first, second and third choice (in order), features to be changed/added/improved for '06?

Here are mine as an example, (the first one is a no-brainer for me)

1. The tackle animation timing

2. Hand-offs that are effective and don't slow you to a crawl performing them.

3. More competitions and teams (including custom both)

Well, whats yours?
<

Latest posts