• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 2008 XBox 360

S

sackman

Hey All ,
Does ne1 know for sure if Rugby will be coming to the 360 at the end of the year or is this a rumour.
I do not understand why this is happening.
Some of us who had Ps2`s had to sacrifice them to keep up with technlogy Ie. Ps3 Or 360
and now Ea aren`t even bringing out this Game on these cosolles.
I`m really upset that this is happening...
How can we even say that gaming is progressing..

As far as I am aware this is just a rumour... unfortunately!!!

But EA don't seem to want to invest in the development of a game which could be said won't be profitable for them...

However HB Studios have only released one game on a next gen console... so maybe they are investigating into it...

On one website it said that it is likely that a Rugby game for the Xbox 360 is in the wings but wont be released until later this year!

I think the fact the Rugby08 is not coming out on Xbox next month may be a good sign that they are trying to gee it up for the 360.

I mean, think about it.....if they were not doing a 360 version then the old xbox would probably be the version they would release next month instead of the PS2 because the xbox version of R2006 sold more and was their "real" product. If EX wanted to make money then Xbox would be the choice to release it on.....as the PS2 is quite dated now and more people buy an Xbox product than a PS2....i mean...the PS2 framerate for R2006 was crap!

The early release of R2008 on the PC and PS2 before the RWC as well as the fact that there seems to be little advertising seems to point out the obvious....the real product is coming later this year on the XBox 360 OR PS3 and it is THEN that the big marketing machine of EA will promote it....why would EA put a lot of money into the products coming out next month if they know these are only going to be eclipsed by the real deal in a few months?????

R2008 on PC and PS2 are simply early versions of a better product....a quick money grabber before they go for the jugular and have us all hooked onto the next gen product which will be a finished version.

I think the fact the Rugby08 is not coming out on Xbox next month may be a good sign that they are trying to gee it up for the 360.

I mean, think about it.....if they were not doing a 360 version then the old xbox would probably be the version they would release next month instead of the PS2 because the xbox version of R2006 sold more and was their "real" product. If EX wanted to make money then Xbox would be the choice to release it on.....as the PS2 is quite dated now and more people buy an Xbox product than a PS2....i mean...the PS2 framerate for R2006 was crap!

The early release of R2008 on the PC and PS2 before the RWC as well as the fact that there seems to be little advertising seems to point out the obvious....the real product is coming later this year on the XBox 360 OR PS3 and it is THEN that the big marketing machine of EA will promote it....why would EA put a lot of money into the products coming out next month if they know these are only going to be eclipsed by the real deal in a few months?????

R2008 on PC and PS2 are simply early versions of a better product....a quick money grabber before they go for the jugular and have us all hooked onto the next gen product which will be a finished version.

[/b]

are you sure it sold better on xbox? hb studios said it debut at no.1 for ps2 and only got to no.2 on the xbox(in the uk) and another reason for doing it on ps2 and pc could simply be the better install base if they put it on ps3 or 360(and they still might) they have asmaller market they may be waiting for one or both to increase their install base before making the next gen jump(also i heard its more expensive to make games for next gen. B)

Well my guess is they dont want to make it for 360 or ps3 because these "next gen" consoles still arent exactly the dominant console that everyone has. Sure some people have the 360 and the ps3 but i'd be willing to be that they would make a better profit by selling it on ps2 and not developing the new software until the new edition. Because if you think about it, the price of developing the game for the next gen and the amount of units of Rugby 08 which will be sold on those systems will not turn a profit for them, so i simply think they are going for what is most profitable. More people have PC's and ps2's than xbox 360 and ps3. Thats their logic.

[/b]

I would love to believe your right, and you could be. I personally think / strongly believe ( that ok CA? ) :D that they have just knocked out a quick version for the most popular formats to cash in on the world cup. I dont think we will see next gen of 08. However this could be yet another of the many times I have been completely and utterly wrong ( hope so ).

It'd be nice if you were. Still, not as if anyone would be able to enjoy playing the game on a 360 for any extended period of time being as the blessed things break down if a piece of dust lands on them... <_<

It sucks when there isn't a next gen game because either the xbox version doesn't work on the 360. (don't have an xbox) or its the fifa fiasco being a **** version on the 360, only just got a port for this year on the xbox.

Please have it on the 360!

BM

Im putting my money on GGs theory!! HB studios did it with there most recent ***le Champions League 06-07. released it on PC, PS2 and PSP, then later on released it on Xbox360, although I wouldn't bet my house on it.

Latest posts