• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 2008

C

CymruAmByth

Guest
hey guys just wondering through boredom more than anything, lets make a list of new features that should be in the game, so we have them all on one thread !!!!!

new options :

Play with or against the lions
Play online
Play career mode with one player
Sevens mode
Super 15 NH and SH to play ur own m8s or online
Choose ur own Baa-Baa squad to tour or play ur m8s or online

i u think its allready been covered and its pointless then sorry and sont bother replying
 
R

RoyalBlueStuey

Guest
Not trying to sounds snotty or anything but "m8s"?

Standards dear boy, standards.
 
K

King_D'Arcy

Guest
front and second row im pact players. I was shocked wen i saw Paul O'Connell wasnt 1 in the last game but I discovered no 1-5 players are.
You SHOULD NOT be able to tackle players off the ball.
Real european club jersey's.
More Youth players.
Faster and more fluid game play like in Pro Ev 6.
 
B

BOKean

Guest
-more free flowing game play

-better shorter sidestep animation

-rucking system based on skill of player/s first to the breakdown - not just luck. being able to use your hands in the ruck - so if defender gets there first he doesn't just fall on the ground, but he can try pinch the ball while on his feet. the same button can be used to delay the release of the ball if a player is isolated... obviously their are risks of being penalised but i think its realistic and should be included

-defensive/offensive tactics - so you can determine your style of play ie. rush up defense, slide defense. deep backline, flat backline, decoy runners, etc

-smarter/harder cpu ai on attack and defense- the game is just way to easy when you are playing with a decent team. even when the computer cheats by stealing every ruck, and kicks 90m to find touch with Wilkinson/carter

-online play is a must if they want to sell many




gameplay is the most important factor to update in my opinion. i suspect ea will just give us a roster update and label it 08 - and it will prob be out of date by the time game is released.
 
P

PeeJay

Guest
front and second row im pact players. I was shocked wen i saw Paul O'Connell wasnt 1 in the last game but I discovered no 1-5 players are.
You SHOULD NOT be able to tackle players off the ball.
Real european club jersey's.
More Youth players.
Faster and more fluid game play like in Pro Ev 6.
[/b]
Brent Cockbain is
 
F

flemster2401

Guest
"-rucking system based on skill of player/s first to the breakdown - not just luck. being able to use your hands in the ruck - so if defender gets there first he doesn't just fall on the ground, but he can try pinch the ball while on his feet. the same button can be used to delay the release of the ball if a player is isolated... obviously their are risks of being penalised but i think its realistic and should be included"

I think this is what is essential in the game. When you chip over the top and the full back is isolated and McCaw is first on scene putting your hands in the ruck button should be for just turning over.

An idea might be for the game to have an actual referee on the pitch. The reason this would be good would be when the referee is near a ruck you should be able to press the hands in the ruck (HITR) button until he shouts "RUCK!" this would add realism and also it would mean that when you finally save up to purchase the likes of Betsen, McCaw and Smith for rucking you can actually use them. Also after he has called ruck you can still press is and depending on players in the ruck you could slow it down or get penalised. Another option is if your in control of the above isolated player you could press the HITR button to slow down the ball allowing your players time to get there, again you could slow it down or get penalised.
 
K

King_D'Arcy

Guest
<div class='quotemain'>
front and second row im pact players. I was shocked wen i saw Paul O'Connell wasnt 1 in the last game but I discovered no 1-5 players are.
You SHOULD NOT be able to tackle players off the ball.
Real european club jersey's.
More Youth players.
Faster and more fluid game play like in Pro Ev 6.
[/b]
Brent Cockbain is
[/b][/quote]
not an impact player??

Wales only have 2 impact players.

Henson (??) and Williams
 
F

flemster2401

Guest
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
front and second row im pact players. I was shocked wen i saw Paul O'Connell wasnt 1 in the last game but I discovered no 1-5 players are.
You SHOULD NOT be able to tackle players off the ball.
Real european club jersey's.
More Youth players.
Faster and more fluid game play like in Pro Ev 6.
[/b]
Brent Cockbain is
[/b][/quote]
not an impact player??

Wales only have 2 impact players.

Henson (??) and Williams
[/b][/quote]

It's actually true there is no impact players in the front or second rows, which is odd when you think of the quality players there are in thoughs positions!


Okay who would your impact players be if you could pick 30? i.e. 1-15 and two for each position to start with

1) -
2) -
3) -
4) -
5) -
6) -
7) -
8) -
9) -
10) -
11) -
12) -
13) -
14) -
15) -
 
C

candybum

Guest
Faster and more fluid game play like in Pro Ev 6.
[/b]

it aint a soccer game dearest...

nehu.. i wudnt mind seeing a air NZ (npc) tournament in there... so if there was a better career mode the ANZ cup wud be pretty awesome i think
 
P

PeeJay

Guest
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
front and second row im pact players. I was shocked wen i saw Paul O'Connell wasnt 1 in the last game but I discovered no 1-5 players are.
You SHOULD NOT be able to tackle players off the ball.
Real european club jersey's.
More Youth players.
Faster and more fluid game play like in Pro Ev 6.
[/b]
Brent Cockbain is
[/b][/quote]
not an impact player??

Wales only have 2 impact players.

Henson (??) and Williams
[/b][/quote]
Maybe it's just the roster I'm using, but Cockbain and Peel have stars next to their name on my game.
 
E

el_tk

Guest
All the sidestep; handoff, etc. animations take too long to perform.

There should be at least 35 players in each club/province squad if not 40.

They should get the French teams properly licensed as Swordfish probably won't want the licence anymore.
 
F

flemster2401

Guest
What about the old cross field kick thing? always very difficult to do and never seem to work
 
O

ozzy

Guest
If you need impact players in the tight 5 then you'd have to pick Carl Heyman for at least 1 of those positions. But that's about the only 1 I think that most people wouldn't argue with.

As for improvements well most have been said but if I can offer my 2 cents on the rucking system I'd have to agree with having a ref call ruck and hands off, but to expand on this idea you could have a new stat which determines the probability of the tackler getting straight to his feet and trying to rip the ball i.e. for backs a 10% probability for McCaw say about 90%. However getting to the feet is only the first stage after that you get the old progress bar above the ruck and depending on the rucking ability of the player the bar will fill with differing speed. If you can fill the bar before the opposing players come to clean you out and form a ruck then you get a turnover, if the opposing players take too long to arrive and you only have a back still trying to rip the ball then you get a penalty regardless of whether you have filled the progress bar. This of course would mean there needs to be a slight change in the control of a tackled player i.e. you would have to use the "hold ball" button after being tackled and release before being penalised and vice versa the tackling player would have to stop trying to rip the ball once the ref calls ruck formed or else be penalised.
However I have no hopes that such a system would be implemented as EA rugby would want the game to be accessible to as large an audience as possible and a more involved rucking system would probably alienate some players. However, I think this system builds on the one already in place and actually might make the current rucking bar useful.
 
B

BOKean

Guest
why not have it as an option? so beginners can set it to auto...

and on higher levels you must manually control the breakdown
 
F

flemster2401

Guest
What keys would you use to manually control the infernally complicated ruck?
[/b]

when i used to have rugby 2006 i had it on the play station (before it broke!) and their conrtol pads used to have L3 and R3 which was originally for putting hands in a ruck. i cant see why they just use them but change what they do

thing is i now have a 360 and when it comes out on there not sure how their going to set up the buttons
 
F

flemster2401

Guest
Okay here is the standard controller for the xbox 360

what i was thinking for controls was:

Left stick - moving players
Keypad - set peice
Right stick - A.I
Green button - Punt/drop goal
Red - Up and Under
Yellow - Change player
Blue - Grubber

on the back:

Top left - player run (will explain more)
Bottom left - pass left
Bottom right - pass right
Top right - Sprint

with regards to the Top left button who would think that adding the player run ability from FIFA 07 into our game so that you can make the player next to you to make a specific run you choose when pressing it?? good idea or bad idea?
 
B

Bullitt

Guest
f*** that, X has to be pass left and B has to be pass right. The shoulder buttosn passing sustem was always shite, even on JLR and the analouge buttons would make it even worse to try and use.

The current Xbox layout is the way forwards.
 
Top