• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 2012

Suggestions:

Man of the Match Award (end of each match)
'Save Your Try' Feature- RATE the tries ONLINE like Singstar
Tournaments- Magners League, Guinness Premiership, Super 14, French Championship, IRB 7's, Four Nations/Tri Nations, Lions!
Heineken Cup- choice of different Pools over the years instead of the same one every time.
Coach/Manage a Team for a Season (including training sessions, player selection meetings and dressing room halftime talks) Transfers/Pre-Season. Manager Mode like FIFA
Online Gameplay Features/Update Teams
Commentators- Choice of Southern Hemisphere or Northern Hemisphere (Jonathan Davies, Eddie Buttler, Brian Moore- for Comedy Factor)
Choose the Referee for each match
When you play against a team with a good kicker you should be able to drop your wings and FB further back instead of 10 metres
Create your own set-plays
Unlockable Legends- Gareth Edwards, Lomu etc
Classic XV & World XV or Southern Hemisphere XV v Northern Hemisphere XV
Create your Own Team

Please put all suggestions in the separate "suggestions" thread.

Ahh finally, rugby 2012.......just about to put my 360 on ebay. Please please please tell me there is southern hemisphere influence in this new game :) ........

Nah, id actually like a game where the opposition can defend

Physics Engine?

Perhaps one of the largest complaints people have against the Madden Franchise is its lack of any sort of realistic physics engine - in which we can see the smallest players bulldozing the biggest, or breaking through gang tackles of up to eight men for a touchdown. The problem they are facing is that they are having to completely rebuild the original engine in order to cater for the growing needs of a physics engine in their game - as competition from other ***les is provided by up and coming games such as Backbreaker - which will run entirely on the Euphoria Physics Engine, and will simulate all tackles on the fly, resulting in every hit being unique.

Back to rugby. Whilst it is very obvious that the budget for Rugby 2012 is going to be a fraction of that of the Madden franchise, would it not make sense to invest NOW, in some sort of strong and realistic physics engine, which could be implemented into the game, and save in the future? If we get the fine details right NOW, we won't have to go down the same route of Madden, as its fans begin to boycot it as they see no reason as to why they should spend £40 every year on the new release?

What we must think of now is the fact that this is NEXT GENERATION RUGBY. There HAS to be a large step up somewhere. Something significant, and something that will, if it is done well enough, promote the sport throughout the world. What we cannot have is a slightly improved Rugby 08, with a couple more tackle animations and slightly prettier graphics. We need to enhance the power provided by the modern day machine to create a game that will push rugby games in the right direction for this generation. Is this too much to ask?!

Nah, id actually like a game where the opposition can defend

By opposition you obviously mean the NH opposition. End of year tours (except for last years South African tour) are usually a cake walk for the SH guys, so I know what you mean by a badly defending opposition. Keep signing our SH club players too, they are up there to teach you all how to play, haha. That one lonely 2003 World Cup should be a nice memory for the next 50 years, lol.

I'm sure HB will come up with some kind of physics engine. I think Natural Motion's Euphoria (used in GTA 4) would be good for a rugby game.

I've always wanted players to have some sort of "momentum" stat which is loosely linked to their weight etc. (although there are plenty of large players who get stacked up very easily). This could also be immensely helpful in the scrum, ruck and maul too so it's a good incentive to set up the system. I wouldn't hold your breath to be honest, but it'd be a great feature.

I think we would all love something like this but if EA are involved again then I suspect the FIfa engine is going to be used again. maybe with what seems to be a slightly longer development time for rugby 2012 HB might be able to do a bit more to make it feel and look more like rugby than just some odd looking animations from Fifa. on the flipside though the use of the Fifa engine is probably playing a large part in why we are getting these games at all, building an engine from scratch would be a huge task for HB and the Fifa engine does save a lot of time iin that regard.

The engine is ok, but needs to be more specific to a full-contact engine, like Madden.

looks like i am playing rugby 06 for the next year and a half, cant wait!!

Did you even read the IRB regulation 8 about eligibilty to play for national representative teams before making that request ?

mate, it's a game. it ain't the real world.

Well, most of us asked for a Player/Team editor within the game so in the event they implement it, we'll be able to edit the nationality of any player.
It would also be sweet to be able to pick the player for a national squad from the player pool (like we could do at the start of a world cup in rugby 08)

Latest posts