• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby Analysis

theVersatile

Academy Player
Country Flag
Ireland
Club or Nation
Munster
A few years back on the old forum (pre-Xenoforo), there was a great thread in which some of us shared little analysis videos/articles/tweets which they found online or even made themselves. I think it would be great if we started something similar on the new forum, as something which can start some genuine discussion.

Here are some rugby analysts who post content often.

TheDeadBallArea: A (former?) member of this very site. Posting analysis in the old thread got him into some bigger stuff, writing for Green And Gold Rugby. He has his own Twitter, blog, YouTube and more. He is (or was up until recently) coaching the Jordan national 7s team.

The 1014 Rugby: Do great stuff on their YouTube and website.

Three Red Kings: Very Munster and Ireland orientated, but do extremely high quality on their Twitter and Patreon page.

Obviously, Murray Kinsella of The42.ie also deserves a mention. He's on sabbatical right now, but look at his previous stuff and you'll get very excited for what's ahead.

Those are my picks, but I'm sure you all will pick out more places for analysis.

I won't shamelessly plug my channel yet

Shane Horgan's RTE HT analysis of Stockdale's first try v Argentina is spot on, if anyone can find a clip of it.

A nice video from our very own TheDeadBallArea on Elliot Daly's try vs Leicester:

Thanks for these. I'll try to get around to viewing them (I've a huge backlog of articles from this forum to view). It always strikes me that mainstream U.K. coverage is terribly lacking in analysis when you consider how many stoppages there are in the game. Even at half time they often just show replays and talk banally over them.

It makes it far harder for me to understand why one side is beating another than say in an NFL game.

Thanks for these. I'll try to get around to viewing them (I've a huge backlog of articles from this forum to view). It always strikes me that mainstream U.K. coverage is terribly lacking in analysis when you consider how many stoppages there are in the game. Even at half time they often just show replays and talk banally over them.

It makes it far harder for me to understand why one side is beating another than say in an NFL game.

Absolutely agree that there is not nearly enough analysis on games in the Northern Hemisphere on live coverage. They could absolutely take a page from NFLs book and have some live analysis during stoppages in play. Obviously they're not as frequent or long as in NFL, but there's a similar time frame and opportunity for analysis.

Feel free to post anything else interesting you see:

Here's another article from The Telegraph, this time on Munster v Leicester. Really liking this guy Charlie Morgan. He really knows his stuff. Only found him recently.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/rugby-un...foiled-leicester-tigers-underlined-difficult/

The King Of Analysis is back! Here's Murray Kinsella from The42 analysing Leinster's newest import, James Lowe.
yeah lowe is a huge loss to Nz and ABs rugby. shouldve been in the ABs a few years ago. may go down as one of the best players not to hvae made the ABs (2nd only to Bruce "Brusier" Reihana...both maori players)

yeah lowe is a huge loss to Nz and ABs rugby. shouldve been in the ABs a few years ago. may go down as one of the best players not to hvae made the ABs (2nd only to Bruce "Brusier" Reihana...both maori players)

He's a great player, but it's hard to believe him in an AB team ahead of the likes of Ioane, DMac, Naholo, Jordie B, Ben Smith, etc. Nacewa is another one for the list.

Here's a long article from The Chase. They seldom post content, but they do very good stuff. Here's statistical analysis of all Tier 1 nations two years into the World Cup cycle: https://thechasesport.wordpress.com...ugby-world-cup/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

He's a great player, but it's hard to believe him in an AB team ahead of the likes of Ioane, DMac, Naholo, Jordie B, Ben Smith, etc. Nacewa is another one for the list.
Nacewa wasnt eligible. That's nzrfu just trying to poach another PI player.
Imho...Lowes better than Jordie and dMac. Has a bigger kick. dmac and Lowe are devastating together but imo it was Lowe that was consistently the initiator

Nacewa wasnt eligible. That's nzrfu just trying to poach another PI player.
Nacewa was from Auckland though. He only got a Fiji cap because he mistakenly assumed he could switch teams afterwards. Massive loss to the international game but as a Leinster fan it worked out very well for us in the end.

Latest posts