• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby challenge 2: The lions tour edition announced

If rating really are that much of an issue, you could edit them in RC1, so I'd hazard a guess and say you can do the same in RC2. Inconvenient, but at least they can be changed unlike R08.

Yeah but I then go way too far with the other extreme and end up overrating some teams/players think Gilroy was like 90...

Well Its nice to see more of a balance with Northern Hemisphere stadia and from what I've seen likenesses - Liberty, city stadium and Parc y Scarlets look good from stadium select screen (didn't manage to see Rodney Parade in the vid).

After seeing the Lions starting XV in the vids, I hope that will be at least changed to accommodate those that are actually touring/not touring (I think it has been noted on SIDHE forums that game will ship with correct 37 players at least).

Everyone's moaning its same game with minor improvements, isn't that what we get in most sports franchises every year??? FIFA is just minor little things every year, but the little things make a difference if one was to play previous outing. I think the rucks, line-outs and strategies will be a welcome addition if implemented nicely. One of those things that might make going back to RC1 difficult for some poss???

We will never know till we have a controller in hand, and disc in console.

I think thats because FIFA have their game near perfect while RC have a lot more in comparison to get right. In fairness though I think most people aren't moaning and are happy for them to try get these things right.

I was going to add the huge differences, budgets etc between FIFA and RC but my mind couldn't concentrate :p :p

I'm very happy to be playing a new rugby game in next few months. I know it won't be perfect, its only second attempt at Rugby union, but they are doing a good job at laying the foundations.

I got annoyed with SH bias with RC1 in terms of player likenesses, and it seems as if its been dealt with it from what I've seen, so I'm happy :D Ratings can be played with so all is good :D :D :D

I'd like to see someone who knows what they are doing showcase the strategies on both attack and defense to see what they actually do. Video's aren't completely clear as everyone is new to this area (which is fair enough).

I wonder what the Orange one will look like with London Welsh??? I hope LW's purple kit is there, I do like that :D

Happy Welshman here :D

If I have a concern from watching this gameplay its would be that Sidhe don't sem to have tackled the issue of the overly chaotic gameplay - it still looks like its possible to fling ridiculously long passes across the pitch without even facing the right direction. It was my hope that Sidhe would calm it down and structure gameplay more - so I'm slightly worried, if being honest.

Yeah the problem I have with RC2 is that it isn't going to bring in any new SH gamers.

In my opinion Sidhe haven't fixed the biggest problem with RC, i.e. how manic the game play is. Adding minor features is all fine and dandy, but I'd still rather play a modded Rugby 2005 than RC2, based on what we've seen, because the core gameplay is simply too wild.

Northern hemisphere gamers at least have greater coverage etc. of their teams, so that is a selling point for them. The Lions tour isn't a new feature, as far as I can tell. Otherwise, if a gamer didn't buy RC1, I can't see any reason why they would want to buy RC2. I didn't buy RC until a week ago, when it was $15 for the PC, because Rugby 08 is still a considerably better game, gameplay wise. RC definitely has the better extra features and tournaments available, but the gameplay just doesn't compare.

Just my opinion, of course. I appreciate there are people out there who like RC's gameplay, but I am not one of them. Likewise, I appreciate how much effort the Sidhe team is putting into this game, and how difficult it must be to create a rugby game, but that doesn't excuse it in my view. RC is too much like the Rugby League games and not enough like the EA games.

Going to post this on the RC forums too...

Yeah the problem I have with RC2 is that it isn't going to bring in any new SH gamers.

In my opinion Sidhe haven't fixed the biggest problem with RC, i.e. how manic the game play is. Adding minor features is all fine and dandy, but I'd still rather play a modded Rugby 2005 than RC2, based on what we've seen, because the core gameplay is simply too wild.

Northern hemisphere gamers at least have greater coverage etc. of their teams, so that is a selling point for them. The Lions tour isn't a new feature, as far as I can tell. Otherwise, if a gamer didn't buy RC1, I can't see any reason why they would want to buy RC2. I didn't buy RC until a week ago, when it was $15 for the PC, because Rugby 08 is still a considerably better game, gameplay wise. RC definitely has the better extra features and tournaments available, but the gameplay just doesn't compare.

Just my opinion, of course. I appreciate there are people out there who like RC's gameplay, but I am not one of them. Likewise, I appreciate how much effort the Sidhe team is putting into this game, and how difficult it must be to create a rugby game, but that doesn't excuse it in my view. RC is too much like the Rugby League games and not enough like the EA games.

Going to post this on the RC forums too...

The fact of the matter is it's definitely looking less chaotic with people playing that have never played before. Play the game right and I'm sure RC2 will be a lot better. We haven't seen the AI yet.....

The career mode is a HUGE step up from RC1. We finally have a proper career mode. Salary caps (can be turned on or off at the start) ability to be fired (can be turned off at the start) a transfer window (a smart one too - so you can't just buy whoever you want as good players won't play for poor teams) contracts and so on. Other teams hire players too. There also sounds like there's a drafting type thing which may be rookies.

nevermind. looks pretty much the same as the first rugby challenge bar set plays , one off runners off the ruck and you can pilfer the ball. the passing in the game looks like id be pulling my hair out and attacking my tv set.

something tells me this game is such over rated then ur gonna get it and its really gonna suck just like the first black ops they hyped it up so much people thort it was gonna be awesome. i would rather it took 2 years for EA to gain a contract (even thow we know its never gonna happen) than play another disappointing game like RC 1.

something tells me this game is such over rated then ur gonna get it and its really gonna suck just like the first black ops they hyped it up so much people thort it was gonna be awesome. i would rather it took 2 years for EA to gain a contract (even thow we know its never gonna happen) than play another disappointing game like RC 1.

How you managed to get than/then right and couldn't spell though is absolutely beyond me.... And honestly, if you were disappointed by RC1 you probably will be disappointed by RC2. But to each their own.

tbh from the pictures the scrums are as lowsy as they where on RC 1 the gameplay hasn't changed in a particularly good way player likenesses are only for Australia and the all blacks. possibly the only good thing about this game is the fact there is updated strips and loads more stadiums to choose from.

tbh from the pictures the scrums are as lowsy as they where on RC 1 the gameplay hasn't changed in a particularly good way player likenesses are only for Australia and the all blacks. possibly the only good thing about this game is the fact there is updated strips and loads more stadiums to choose from.

-No. 8 pickups
-Mauls from lineouts
-Setting the width and depth of the back line
-Contesting for the ball at the ruck
-Intercepts
-The Lions
-(USA Eagles... Not a big one admittedly)

There, plenty of good points.

-No. 8 pickups
-Mauls from lineouts
-Setting the width and depth of the back line
-Contesting for the ball at the ruck
-Intercepts
-The Lions
-(USA Eagles... Not a big one admittedly)

There, plenty of good points.

hmm must admit no 8 pick up is defiantly a good feature. can you get forwards to pick and drive at rucks?

Hi Milla and all of you At Sidhe!
I would like to tell you in advance that english is not my first language so excuse me for grammar / spelling errors!
I come from Belgium ( little country next to france :lol: )

Rugby challenge was awesome!! i was so glad to play it and i thank you for bringing rugby gaming at a really high level :)

I have just one question/ suggestion for RC II.
I play RC on PC and i was a bit sad that there was no alterative other than playing the game with the keyboard.
Will it be possible in RC II ( on PC ) to plug-in a controller or gamepad and play with it? or even choose your own assignments on the keyboard?

Thank you i hope i was clear enough :D
Henri

Rugby Challenge supports the Xbox 360 controller on PC.

Well that preview/review is sure to make South African not buy the game. Consider my pre-order cancelled!!

Because a third party wrote certain things about SA rugby style, or for more relevant reasons to do with the game?

Why don't u make another ultimate team thing just call it summit else ;)

Great to see how quickly the game is being released after being announced - nothing worse than having to wait months (or years) for a game!

Latest posts