• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby challenge 2: The lions tour edition announced

I don't think different boots would of been high on the agenda in the new feature list. Plenty of other things which are more important to implement, around the game play aspects

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Whoa whoa! That's crazy talk.

Sort out your priorities.

ive seen a picture of london welsh in this game does this mean newcastle falcons aint gonna be in the game ?

ive seen a picture of london welsh in this game does this mean newcastle falcons aint gonna be in the game ?

Apparently its meant to be set at the start of this season not next season, so I think London Welsh will be the default team in the premiership. Newcastle might be in it too though. they put Leeds in last time round I think?

Milla/Mario:

Can you shed any information on whether the issue of props being lowely rated has been dealt with? Bit silly that the best prop in the world will be rated lower than a very average five eighth...

Hi Milla and all of you At Sidhe!
I would like to tell you in advance that english is not my first language so excuse me for grammar / spelling errors!
I come from Belgium ( little country next to france :lol: )

Rugby challenge was awesome!! i was so glad to play it and i thank you for bringing rugby gaming at a really high level :)

I have just one question/ suggestion for RC II.
I play RC on PC and i was a bit sad that there was no alterative other than playing the game with the keyboard.
Will it be possible in RC II ( on PC ) to plug-in a controller or gamepad and play with it? or even choose your own assignments on the keyboard?

Thank you i hope i was clear enough :D
Henri

http://nzgamer.com/ps3/previews/1109/all-blacks-rugby-challenge-2.html

Some interesting things there not any big changes apparently but thats ok as long as the other stuff is properly tidied up.

One thing that worries/annoys me is that I saw a video which I'm not sure is valid or not where someone was showing the ratings. If the video is correct it looks like the Northern Hemisphere teams are underrated again. It looked like (though I wasn't certain) that Clermont were 58. Leinster were rated worse than Munster Leinster 70.7 and Munster 72 with both worse than...Bay of Plenty at 73.

Some interesting things there not any big changes apparently but thats ok as long as the other stuff is properly tidied up.

One thing that worries/annoys me is that I saw a video which I'm not sure is valid or not where someone was showing the ratings. If the video is correct it looks like the Northern Hemisphere teams are underrated again. It looked like (though I wasn't certain) that Clermont were 58. Leinster were rated worse than Munster Leinster 70.7 and Munster 72 with both worse than...Bay of Plenty at 73.

Considering this game is supposed to give a more NH friendly view I would be really disappointed by that.

Well that preview/review is sure to make South African not buy the game. Consider my pre-order cancelled!!

It was NZGamer who wrote the thing not Sidhe. Why cancel a per-order. I saw a couple of gameplay videos from some guy who was at the pre-release. It's a shame about the South African teams, but I'm sure they tried their hardest.

Yeah a bit dismissive of you guys.

A bit?

That type of arrogance/biasness is not what any game designer wants. The purpose of making these games are to make a profit. An SA being one of the Rugby powerhouses in the world, shows how shortsighted Sidhe are in making their games.

In fact it's pretty much dismissive to any other rugby playing nation that is not from Australasia! If I were a NH rugbyfan, I'd be equally disappointed.

I've already forwarded that review to Megarom. The SA gaming distribution company. Let's see how the sales will be affected by this in SA.

To be fair I'm pretty sure I saw the same video, and Clermont were a 68.something. Bay of Plenty were in the low 60s...

I agree that the ITM cup as a whole is pretty overrated (no ITM cup team should really be that close to a top Heineken cups side, with the possible exception of a full-strength Canterbury/Auckland or Wellington) but the clubs don't seem to be done too badly. The top French sides might need a bit of a boost, and some of the English sides might need to be dropped down a little, but it looks fairly balanced on the whole (especially as the top Super 15 sides never went over 80 in the last one).

Last edited by a moderator:
A bit?

That type of arrogance/biasness is not what any game designer wants. The purpose of making these games are to make a profit. An SA being one of the Rugby powerhouses in the world, shows how shortsighted Sidhe are in making their games.

In fact it's pretty much dismissive to any other rugby playing nation that is not from Australasia! If I were a NH rugbyfan, I'd be equally disappointed.

I've already forwarded that review to Megarom. The SA gaming distribution company. Let's see how the sales will be affected by this in SA.

They did not have the rights to SA teams, as they were still held by whoever made RWC2011. Nothing could be done there, as I would imagine it was a contract or something.

So game play and looks pretty real, not sure if I'm that fussed

To be fair I'm pretty sure I saw the same video, and Clermont were a 68.something. Bay of Plenty were in the low 60s...

I agree that the ITM cup as a whole is pretty overrated (no ITM cup team should really be that close to a top Heineken cups side, with the possible exception of a full-strength Canterbury/Auckland or Wellington) but the clubs don't seem to be done too badly. The top French sides might need a bit of a boost, and some of the English sides might need to be dropped down a little, but it looks fairly balanced on the whole (especially as the top Super 15 sides never went over 80 in the last one).

Oh yeah see it now fairly hard to see on the screen I was looking at. Still a clear lack of knowledge about the NH when Biarritz are better than Clermont. It's not that hard to actually find out how good the teams are.

Oh yeah see it now fairly hard to see on the screen I was looking at. Still a clear lack of knowledge about the NH when Biarritz are better than Clermont. It's not that hard to actually find out how good the teams are.

I agree, but it's not awful by any means. Given how well they accommodate for customisation it really won't take too long to tweak the teams to your liking.

Fingers crossed their next edition has a Northern Hemisphere team as well as one in Aus and NZ (but for a 3rd one their sales for RC2 will have to be pretty good...)

I agree, but it's not awful by any means. Given how well they accommodate for customisation it really won't take too long to tweak the teams to your liking.

Fingers crossed their next edition has a Northern Hemisphere team as well as one in Aus and NZ (but for a 3rd one their sales for RC2 will have to be pretty good...)

Even though the ratings are very iffy, they've hugely expanded the French side of it, apparently because the first game did really well in France. So sales might do alright, though they haven't got the Top14 stadiums which is a bit odd.

If rating really are that much of an issue, you could edit them in RC1, so I'd hazard a guess and say you can do the same in RC2. Inconvenient, but at least they can be changed unlike R08.

Well Its nice to see more of a balance with Northern Hemisphere stadia and from what I've seen likenesses - Liberty, city stadium and Parc y Scarlets look good from stadium select screen (didn't manage to see Rodney Parade in the vid).

After seeing the Lions starting XV in the vids, I hope that will be at least changed to accommodate those that are actually touring/not touring (I think it has been noted on SIDHE forums that game will ship with correct 37 players at least).

Everyone's moaning its same game with minor improvements, isn't that what we get in most sports franchises every year??? FIFA is just minor little things every year, but the little things make a difference if one was to play previous outing. I think the rucks, line-outs and strategies will be a welcome addition if implemented nicely. One of those things that might make going back to RC1 difficult for some poss???

We will never know till we have a controller in hand, and disc in console.

Latest posts