• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby Challenge 2006 at E3

• Thread starter benchwarmer_chriswhitaker
  • Start date
B

benchwarmer_chriswhitaker

In the media release by Hip interactive it was revealed that Rugby Challenge 2006 would be shown at E3 and more features would be talked about. E3 has been and gone so does anyone have any info/screens?

Is there an official website? I'm sure there'd be new screens and maybe a trailer after E3.

It does say the game will feature the Heineken/Guiness Cup. That is a bit ambiguous, as they are two completely different things, Guiness not even sponsoring a cup competition to my knowledge, but the English Premiership from next season.

theres one thing that every rugby game has got wrong ( excluding JLR...i think)

when you go to kick a conversion the opposition should be huddled together instead of being spread out

Originally posted by kinkon89@May 22 2005, 10:38 AM
when you go to kick a conversion the opposition should be huddled together instead of being spread out
Why? Teams don't always have a huddle afterconceding a try. I know my club side doesn't, we usually spread along the line and run out.

It seems weird to imagine Super 12 with the gameplay and graphics of WCR. And with only 7 stadiums all these licenses will be half wasted.

Originally posted by SaintsFan_Webby+May 22 2005, 11:27 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SaintsFan_Webby @ May 22 2005, 11:27 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-kinkon89
@May 22 2005, 10:38 AM
Why? Teams don't always have a huddle afterconceding a try. I know my club side doesn't, we usually spread along the line and run out. [/b]
well im talking about the proffessional level

usually they huddle together and the trainer barks orders at em

i havent seen a team on tv that spreadsout....juss shows no teamwork and no....ahh i forgot the word...ahhh
<

Originally posted by kinkon89+May 23 2005, 12:00 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kinkon89 @ May 23 2005, 12:00 AM)</div>
Originally posted by SaintsFan_Webby@May 22 2005, 11:27 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-kinkon89

Why? Teams don't always have a huddle afterconceding a try. I know my club side doesn't, we usually spread along the line and run out.

i havent seen a team on tv that spreadsout....juss shows no teamwork and no....ahh i forgot the word...ahhh
<
[/b]
Dude, who cares?

Originally posted by Wally@May 22 2005, 11:55 PM
It seems weird to imagine Super 12 with the gameplay and graphics of WCR. And with only 7 stadiums all these licenses will be half wasted.
ummm..does that mean they hav the license to super14?...or just the teams from the super12

Originally posted by Wally+May 23 2005, 12:05 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wally @ May 23 2005, 12:05 AM)</div>
Originally posted by kinkon89@May 23 2005, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by SaintsFan_Webby@May 22 2005, 11:27 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-kinkon89

<
Dude, who cares? [/b]
.............ME
<

Pics don't look brilliant, but they will have time to improve them, and seen as their is career mode, and The Guinnes cup/english competitions. I cant wait. I just hope the gameplay will have improved.

Well, one can only hope...............

...........and curse when we get let down again.........

It would have to be a miracle type of game if they were to have a successful league game due to the nature of the game. I suppose they would have a big emphasis on the micro dynamics of gameplay (fends, barges, tackles, steps, kicks, etc) to be successful as the macro dynamics of league (positioning, territory, possession) are fairly straight forward.

I would say for a league game to be successful would depend on the SET plays at the play the ball area. Are there any, how many, can they be altered pre and post clearance.

Originally posted by Gay-Guy@May 23 2005, 03:52 PM

It would have to be a miracle type of game if they were to have a successful league game due to the nature of the game. I suppose they would have a big emphasis on the micro dynamics of gameplay (fends, barges, tackles, steps, kicks, etc) to be successful as the macro dynamics of league (positioning, territory, possession) are fairly straight forward.

I would say for a league game to be successful would depend on the SET plays at the play the ball area. Are there any, how many, can they be altered pre and post clearance.
I would think a decent league game would be easier to make then a decent rugby game. RL1 is the perfect base for the sequel and with improved graphics, good commentating, tweaked gameplay, a full career mode including State of Origin and tests, unlockables and online play, it's hard to see how this game won't be the best (rugby or league game) to date.

Originally posted by Wally+May 23 2005, 04:10 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wally @ May 23 2005, 04:10 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Gay-Guy
@May 23 2005, 03:52 PM

It would have to be a miracle type of game if they were to have a successful league game due to the nature of the game.  I suppose they would have a big emphasis on the micro dynamics of gameplay (fends, barges, tackles, steps, kicks, etc) to be successful as the macro dynamics of league (positioning, territory, possession) are fairly straight forward.

I would say for a league game to be successful would depend on the SET plays at the play the ball area.  Are there any, how many, can they be altered pre and post clearance.
I would think a decent league game would be easier to make then a decent rugby game. RL1 is the perfect base for the sequel and with improved graphics, good commentating, tweaked gameplay, a full career mode including State of Origin and tests, unlockables and online play, it's hard to see how this game won't be the best (rugby or league game) to date. [/b]
Best league game? Obviously.

Best rugby and league game? Well......when us JLR freaks are become believers, then it will be the best rugby and league game. And I assure you.........we want to be converted to ANY footie game that is better than JLR. We are not holding to the JLR was the best line because we are nostalgics....................we want another one that sent that excitement level up the way JLR did...................

.............it was better than sex that game............that is how good it was..............that is how good we expect the next successor to be. If some programmers could do it once.......then somebody somewhere should be able to do it again.

A bit like the Goldeneye experience. Does any shoot em up (console!) bring out the same excitement as that game (Well I did get the biggest buzz when the first Timeplitters came out).

Originally posted by Gay-Guy@May 23 2005, 03:52 PM

I have to say your argument is really failing to see the woods for the tree's on this one GG... League is clearly a much better suited sport for the Video game format. In Union things are often too vague in many area's of play and no game has thus far been able to successful simulate the "feel" of many area's in union (ie: rucks). League is fundamentally more black and white than Union, with much clearer and sometimes more simplistic (like the tackle count) rules on everything. It is a game based around big collisions in defence and scintilating runs and moves in attack, but there are a MASS of complexities in the game to be noted aswell. Almost every aspect of League could be realistically and enjoyably translated into the video game format, this simply cannot be said for union unfortunately.

I know you loved lomu GG, but seriously mate, get over it! It's dead!

Originally posted by Gay-Guy@May 23 2005, 04:21 PM
A bit like the Goldeneye experience. Does any shoot em up (console!) bring out the same excitement as that game (Well I did get the biggest buzz when the first Timeplitters came out).
I'd have to argue that Doom 3 (even on XBOX) is one of the most memorable experiences I've had with any video game to date, so yes.

Latest posts