• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby Challenge 3 confirmed

RC3 works out to about £36.50 for the Xbox One versionin South Africa.

1 month away from release and nothing new? all we want is some screens, and a trailer would be nice...

$99 at EB Games in Aus. Good joke, JB Hifi here I come.

Hi @Dave im sorry as im sure this question has been asked so many times, its really more for an update.

I know you have announced which teams has been licensed in the game, Has there been any updates with them ?, and for the unlicensed tournaments eg, the Pro 12 and the Top 14 is there still a chance they can be licensed still ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @Dave im sorry as im sure this question has been asked so many times, its really more for an update.

I know you have announced which teams has been licensed in the game, Has there been any updates with them ?, and for the unlicensed tournaments eg, the Pro 12 and the Top 14 is there still a chance they can be licensed still ?

i think rugby 15 have those licenses for 1 more year, lets just hope they forfeit them and decide not to make another god awful game

Last edited by a moderator:
holy **** guys, they just replied to this comment on their facebook page

Joshua: is there kit creator in RC3?

Rugby Challenge Official Game: Hey Joshua, the Fanhub feature lets users create and submit kits, squads and players online to share with other players. So yes.

ive seen no mention of kit creation before, yes i know the fanhub can edit teams/players but according to that comment the kits themselves can be created too, not just assigned (like previous games custom 1-15 etc).

Rugby Challenge Official Game: Hey Joshua, the Fanhub feature lets users create and submit kits, squads and players online to share with other players. So yes.

ive seen no mention of kit creation before, yes i know the fanhub can edit teams/players but according to that comment the kits themselves can be created too, not just assigned (like previous games custom 1-15 etc).

With a bit of luck they'll have unlicensed version of the top 14 / pro 12 which we'll be able to edit using fanhub!

With a bit of luck they'll have unlicensed version of the top 14 / pro 12 which we'll be able to edit using fanhub!

Yea they've definitely got those competitions all set up but they are unlicensed. Same with the champions cup/six nations etc, don't think they are licensed either. Only competitions that are are super rugby, Aviva prem and rugby championship I think

if the implementation of a kit creator is one of the reasons that the game has been delayed it will have been well worth the wait.

if the implementation of a kit creator is one of the reasons that the game has been delayed it will have been well worth the wait.

Agreed, I'm assuming it will be like the kit creators on football games, plain, stripes vertical or horizontal etc, pre made generic logos, I doubt people will be able to upload their own logos etc due to copyright.

Wow, that actually sounds awesome. The community has the potential to make this game amazing!

I only want some decent gameplay with as little bugs as possible , anyone know if the quick line out system will work in this one and will there be player development in career mode

any news worth mentioning? screens? vids?

at least something?

Some info and screens popped up on my facebook the other day actually. Here's a link to screens, looks pretty disappointing imo. Just looks the same as the previous Challenge games, just with better textures. I still think the EA rugby games, Rugby 06 and 08, were the best rugby games. Even though they are old now I can still play 06 and get enjoyment out of it. It doesn't technically play like rugby in a lot of senses but it has an "arcade" feel to it and is just good fun and flows well. I feel that the newer games try too hard to replicate the intricacies of rugby without having the current game-making ability or technology to do so. I suppose that's the problem with smaller studios creating rugby games, they just don't have the funding to pump money into creating as realistic rugby game as possible.

Anyway this game has Sevens for the first time, which might be more fun to play than normal rugby.

The 9's game mode in RLL3 is pretty fun, so expecting the 7's here to hopefully be the same too.

Some info and screens popped up on my facebook the other day actually. Here's a link to screens, looks pretty disappointing imo. Just looks the same as the previous Challenge games, just with better textures. I still think the EA rugby games, Rugby 06 and 08, were the best rugby games. Even though they are old now I can still play 06 and get enjoyment out of it. It doesn't technically play like rugby in a lot of senses but it has an "arcade" feel to it and is just good fun and flows well. I feel that the newer games try too hard to replicate the intricacies of rugby without having the current game-making ability or technology to do so. I suppose that's the problem with smaller studios creating rugby games, they just don't have the funding to pump money into creating as realistic rugby game as possible.

Anyway this game has Sevens for the first time, which might be more fun to play than normal rugby.

It does look very disappointing graphics wise doesn't it? Definitely a far inferior to what BigAnt have achieved with Rugby League Live 3...

It's a shame really, as the massive wait has built up a lot of anticipation for this, but looking at it I don't think I'll bother

It does look very disappointing graphics wise doesn't it? Definitely a far inferior to what BigAnt have achieved with Rugby League Live 3...

It's a shame really, as the massive wait has built up a lot of anticipation for this, but looking at it I don't think I'll bother

I am not too bothered about the graphics, all though to be fair from what I have seen so far they will do, it is the gameplay that is all important to me, and if they have continued to improve upon RC1 and RC2, then we could be in for a good game. Plus it has the Sevens and Be a Pro.

I am not too bothered about the graphics, all though to be fair from what I have seen so far they will do, it is the gameplay that is all important to me, and if they have continued to improve upon RC1 and RC2, then we could be in for a good game. Plus it has the Sevens and Be a Pro.

at the moment it doesnt look like anything has changed based on the trailer that was released. every single animation they showed in the trailer was in the previous 2 games, surely if there were new animations they would have put them in the trailer. i remember before that god awful rugby 15 was announced, in their trailer they showed a spin out of a tackle animation. instead we get the same old thing with (barely) updated graphics

I'm gonna buy it regardless, tbh.

It's a bad stance to take on games, because it encourages lazy developers *coughRUGBY15cough* but I don't have my 360 w/ Rugby Challenge/2, so I need my fix.

Latest posts