• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby Challenge 4 Has released on PC

Woldig did you locate where the team Strips are and Stadium Files were ? Cannot find them
They are inside a .pak file I've so far been unable to access.
Everything is set to very high, resolution correctly set @ 2560 x 1440p. Any other way to change settings?
That should be enough, have you got it set to full screen, windowed or borderless?

They are inside a .pak file I've so far been unable to access.

That should be enough, have you got it set to full screen, windowed or borderless?

I have it set to full screen. I updated my drivers, still made no difference. I'm going to reinstall and try again.

My specs are:

CPU: FX-8350
RAM: 16GB
GPU: GTX 750 Ti

Bit old but pretty sure it should be enough, ran RC3 on max settings no issues.

I have it set to full screen. I updated my drivers, still made no difference. I'm going to reinstall and try again.

My specs are:

CPU: FX-8350
RAM: 16GB
GPU: GTX 750 Ti

Bit old but pretty sure it should be enough, ran RC3 on max settings no issues.

The Unreal Engine is a lot more demanding though. a 9 year old CPU and a 7 year old GPU may have a lot of trouble with it. Do you have a frame rate counter to give us an indication of the frames your getting? Because you're quite a mark off the recommended settings.

The Unreal Engine is a lot more demanding though. a 9 year old CPU and a 7 year old GPU may have a lot of trouble with it. Do you have a frame rate counter to give us an indication of the frames your getting? Because you're quite a mark off the recommended settings.

Maybe that's the issue then. I haven't tried a frame rate counter but if I have the settings on very high it should look good just super laggy shouldn't it? Whereas it looks like PS1 graphics but isn't particularly laggy. Is the game somehow able to override the very high settings to play on low, despite showing it's on very high?

Happy to upgrade, just gotta be sure that the hardware is indeed the issue.

Maybe that's the issue then. I haven't tried a frame rate counter but if I have the settings on very high it should look good just super laggy shouldn't it? Whereas it looks like PS1 graphics but isn't particularly laggy. Is the game somehow able to override the very high settings to play on low, despite showing it's on very high?

Happy to upgrade, just gotta be sure that the hardware is indeed the issue.

I can't see what else it could be. My computer is about as modern as you can get and everything looks and runs fine for me. Frames are basically if you get less than 30 you're in trouble. Most console games used to run at 30fps locked.

Perhaps lodge a support request, I'm sure it should not look that bad for you.

Morning all,
I have issues with the graphics settings itself: I read that some also have an issue.....

Pc Running:
Windows 10, 64 BIT
Inter Core i7 - 3770 @ 3.4 GHz
16 GB RAM
GeForce GTX 1070

After I corrected the settings (in game)...it changes back to the normal res settings. (Although the rest is correct @ very high, but the resolution setting keeps on changing back...?)

Any comments? I am un-installing now to re-install to see if the issue still at hand. Any other help will be appreciated.

(**All involved with the modding of the RC series, well done!! - Can't wait to see what else is running in the pipeline!)

Many thanks,
G

hey guys, was just wondering, im not up to standard with with modding and so on but i do love to create players, just thought i could help in that sense and maybe we can mod them even more when you guys get going on some modifications , so let me know if there is any players i can start with, and upload onto fan hub,hope it will help a bit.

cheers!

I can't see what else it could be. My computer is about as modern as you can get and everything looks and runs fine for me. Frames are basically if you get less than 30 you're in trouble. Most console games used to run at 30fps locked.

Perhaps lodge a support request, I'm sure it should not look that bad for you.

Tried it on a mates PC who has a GTX 970, game defaults to high settings and looks much better than what I was getting so must be my GPU.

I must say - I had fairly low expectations but thought I'd take the plunge and under a worst case scenario I could still get a refund.

Wow - how wrong I was, I'm really enjoying the fact that you seem to be able to run through phases rather than losing the ball at the ruck on every turn - the graphics are OK and the general gameplay is very impressive.

It's already the best Rugby ***le on the market (I include League ***les in that) but with mods it will be by far and away a game to go back to (just like Rugby 08).

Tried it on a mates PC who has a GTX 970, game defaults to high settings and looks much better than what I was getting so must be my GPU.
Your gpu is very old, try and pick up a 1060 or something.

Ive been playing on the switch for a couple of months....career mode has gotten old so have jst started the "be a pro". Its kind of fun but really showcases how bad the AI is, keeps trying to go blind when your a meter off the touchline or your up by 3 in your own 22 and it wont kick it out!

I must say - I had fairly low expectations but thought I'd take the plunge and under a worst case scenario I could still get a refund.

Wow - how wrong I was, I'm really enjoying the fact that you seem to be able to run through phases rather than losing the ball at the ruck on every turn - the graphics are OK and the general gameplay is very impressive.

It's already the best Rugby ***le on the market (I include League ***les in that) but with mods it will be by far and away a game to go back to (just like Rugby 08).

Spot on. The game definitely isn't worth the $80 price tag as it's still very much a patched RC3 but the slight improvements do make an immense difference. Love being able to crash it up the middle without being driven back 5m or turned over every other carry.

Just picked up a 1060 so should be good to go soon :)

Got my 1060, graphics auto detect gives me medium settings which is interesting as my mate with a 970 defaults to high. Maybe because of my resolution? I'm 1440p, he's 1080p. I've cranked it up to very high and it's playing ok, not sure if it actually is on very high or not but it's definitely a lot better. However I still seem to be getting these weird lines, look at the top of Toomua's jersey, neck and face in the pic below. Anyone getting this?

Attachments

• gfx.png
    gfx.png
    3 MB · Views: 29
Got my 1060, graphics auto detect gives me medium settings which is interesting as my mate with a 970 defaults to high. Maybe because of my resolution? I'm 1440p, he's 1080p. I've cranked it up to very high and it's playing ok, not sure if it actually is on very high or not but it's definitely a lot better. However I still seem to be getting these weird lines, look at the top of Toomua's jersey, neck and face in the pic below. Anyone getting this?
Yep, I still get those weird lines. Also saw it on the PS4 version of the game.

Hey guys perhaps not the best place to ask but is it possible for a camera mod to enable a better zoom setting I think this would help if we could zoom the camera

I only got them on console. I think it's the game doing dynamic resolution scaling.

Another query is there a limit on the amount of teams that can be created in rugby challenge 4 ?

Latest posts