• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby...CHALLENGE??

no. not at all. Although you can't control support play wrap arounds still seem to work as do quick inside ball after a cut-out.

I find RC more challenging than R06 and there is definately more variation in play. R06 is too easy and you can always get an off-load away.. even on Elite!

Originally posted by Jacko@Mar 17 2006, 08:11 PM
no. not at all. Although you can't control support play wrap arounds still seem to work as do quick inside ball after a cut-out.

I find RC more challenging than R06 and there is definately more variation in play. R06 is too easy and you can always get an off-load away.. even on Elite!
I guess it varies from person to person... I actually feel I get a good game out of the AI in R06 and you obviously don't, but I also pummel the absolute living **** out of any team by 35+ points in RC 06 on Intensive Care mode with 10 min matches and with an overall possession rating of 85%+ (more if I'm not playing the AB's or England, who will manage a measly 15% on occasion)and you apparently have a hard time of it. Maybe I'm playing Rugby 06 wrong and figured RC06 out to easily, while you did the opposite, and which is probably also why you think RC is more varied... I actually feel I have to alter my tactics in R06 to win against the better teams but in RC I basically treated it like a game of 7's and always made swiss cheese out of the AI's defence, so to me it's incomprehensible that you found any variation in RC, as I never found any (or perhaps more accurately, so easily dominated the game that it was never necessary to look for any like I felt I had to in R06).

The attacking (CPU) ai in Rugby06 is far superior to RC2006's, but the defense in Rugby06 is ****. In RC2006 though, the supporting ai is very good for me, and better than Rugby 06. Often in Rugby 06 I find myself in a clean counterattack with 3 or 4 guys outside me, but running about 900 metres away. They just run at the exact same angle, meaning they aren't supporting players at all. When you pass to them he just passes the ball 2 metres to his side. You have to hold the pass and throw a floating lob ball to him. That really grinds my gears. That really gets my goat. That really slaps my best friends girlfriend because she didn't tell me she wasn't single.

But no, they're both good games with minor-moderate flaws... Frustrating innit?

Originally posted by kaftka@Mar 18 2006, 11:42 AM
The attacking (CPU) ai in Rugby06 is far superior to RC2006's, but the defense in Rugby06 is ****. In RC2006 though, the supporting ai is very good for me, and better than Rugby 06. Often in Rugby 06 I find myself in a clean counterattack with 3 or 4 guys outside me, but running about 900 metres away. They just run at the exact same angle, meaning they aren't supporting players at all. When you pass to them he just passes the ball 2 metres to his side. You have to hold the pass and throw a floating lob ball to him. That really grinds my gears. That really gets my goat. That really slaps my best friends girlfriend because she didn't tell me she wasn't single.

But no, they're both good games with minor-moderate flaws... Frustrating innit?
True. I have to say though, after the discussions I've had on here I've gone back and played RL2 again, and surprisingly found it reasonably playable still... Rugby 06 is a clearly better game, but one thing I can't get past is the passing. RL2 to me has the best passing system of all the games, it just needs to be worked on more to add a bit more fluidity and fix the targeting, as it's still off sometimes. But what I like about it is that I can draw a couple players running crossfeild then throw a good quick 1 man cut out pass and put someone into a gap and I know exactly where the ball is going.

Yeah, thats one thing that RL2 was good about. Although the passing gets very unrealistic at times, it did have a great passing system. Passing can often seem random at times in rugby games, especially in broken play, but RL2 had a good system.

Originally posted by kaftka@Mar 18 2006, 04:49 PM
Yeah, thats one thing that RL2 was good about. Although the passing gets very unrealistic at times, it did have a great passing system.
The problems were when forwards pulled off 4 men cut outs and things like that, and also offloading, which was just totally unrealistic. For the next game they should completely overhaul the offloading system aswell as have limitations of the distance of passes depending on a players skill and position. So while Johns should be able to pull off a 5 man cut out, Willie mason shouldn't be able to pass a cut out at all.

I have been playing Rugby 2006 for a while now and I still think it kicks RC06's ass big time.

Very dissapointed as many good things where said about the gamer before release....guess it was all just hype...

Latest posts