• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby Championship: Australia - New Zealand (18/08/2012)

You mean cod?
It's written baccalà :D

Does it have the same meaning in english/aussie slang?! :D That's marvellous!

Anyway, initially I thought Dingo has some point, but in the last 8 month his work has precipitate into an aimless game, I don't blame him for his selection policies, as I think there are still few players (apart the 22 first choice) up to TRC level, he proved me wrong about Timani (seems a totally different player seen a year ago, and it took just few test, it has an enormous potential), he proved us all (all but you! :D) wrong about McCabe who's sorely missing in midfield now...

Do we all remember when we were asking about the inclusion of Samo? A 36yo player who'd been dropped out from the 22 even in his super rugby team?
I think Samo in 30-35' among the 2 test showed how a honest 8-man should work, he did much more than Higginbotham in the whole minutes he played!

Dingo knows exactly who's up to and who's not, we aren't at training camp, we don't see how players work!

I can blame Dingo for lack of structures and flawed attacking patterns, Wallabies' backs aren't playing their own rugby, they seem to be outdrived by new plans which clearly doesn't work.
I wrote here before that they play now a Munster-like rugby, which clearly doesn't fit them, maybe it's not all Dingo's fault because of the coming of McGahan, but who placed him there in the management staff?!

It's time now for a bit of review.

I'd drop Robinson, Higginbotham and Horne, it could be an admission of guilt by Deans, but it would be honest! These guy are out of form, not up to the job or simply are underperforming or don't fit the game.

He included 3 young guns backrowers, 2 openside flankers and former u.20 captains, a big 6-8 who in SuperRugby level uses to do the work required by those positions and, again, he allowed Higginbotham to seagulling wide and scoring tries among the backs!

Just bring them in the mix.

Surely they're hugrier and angrier than others in that team, it looks much more they're really keen to represent their nation at top level!

Wallabies need to regain their hunger, hunger for victories, for physical battle, for challenges, it seems they are settled exactly as most of their fans... the ABs are stronger, we can't do better than this blablabla.

****!
Wallabies used to beat the All Blacks more than anyone else in world rugby, in these last 2 years!!! Bring back that, a big asshole captain who's not fear to shove some heads in his team, or even in the opponent!

ARU shouldn't sack Deans until november.

If 3 confortably wins (though one against Italy.......), with good games played by the whole team, and at least 3 brand new young faces firmly put into the mix, are to come, his contract can go on till the Lions 2013.

Otherwise it could be a risk to prosecute his job.

Last edited:
You mean cod?
It's written baccalà :D

Does it have the same meaning in english/aussie slang?! :D That's marvellous!

Anyway, initially I thought Dingo has some point, but in the last 8 month his work has precipitate into an aimless game, I don't blame him for his selection policies, as I think there are still few players (apart the 22 first choice) up to TRC level, he proved me wrong about Timani (seems a totally different player seen a year ago, and it took just few test, it has an enormous potential), he proved us all (all but you! :D) wrong about McCabe who's sorely missing in midfield now...

Do we all remember when we were asking about the inclusion of Samo? A 36yo player who'd been dropped out from the 22 even in his super rugby team?
I think Samo in 30-35' among the 2 test showed how a honest 8-man should work, he did much more than Higginbotham in the whole minutes he played!

Dingo knows exactly who's up to and who's not, we aren't at training camp, we don't see how players work!

I can blame Dingo for lack of structures and flawed attacking patterns, Wallabies' backs aren't playing their own rugby, they seem to be outdrived by new plans which clearly doesn't work.
I wrote here before that they play now a Munster-like rugby, which clearly doesn't fit them, maybe it's not all Dingo's fault because of the coming of McGahan, but who placed him there in the management staff?!

It's time now for a bit of review.

I'd drop Robinson, Higginbotham and Horne, it could be an admission of guilt by Deans, but it would be honest! These guy are out of form, not up to the job or simply are underperforming or don't fit the game.

He included 3 young guns backrowers, 2 openside flankers and former u.20 captains, a big 6-8 who in SuperRugby level uses to do the work required by those positions and, again, he allowed Higginbotham to seagulling wide and scoring tries among the backs!

Just bring them in the mix.

Surely they're hugrier and angrier than others in that team, it looks much more they're really keen to represent their nation at top level!

Wallabies need to regain their hunger, hunger for victories, for physical battle, for challenges, it seems they are settled exactly as most of their fans... the ABs are stronger, we can't do better than this blablabla.

****!
Wallabies used to beat the All Blacks more than anyone else in world rugby, in these last 2 years!!! Bring back that, a big asshole captain who's not fear to shove some heads in his team, or even in the opponent!

ARU shouldn't sack Deans until november.

If 3 confortably wins (though one against Italy.......), with good games played by the whole team, and at least 3 brand new young faces firmly put into the mix, are to come, his contract can go on till the Lions 2013.

Otherwise it could be a risk to prosecute his job.

I remember spending half of last season explaining the importance of McCabe in the Australian midfield, but no-one would to listen to me ;) I'm not saying he would make a massive difference to Australia's performances (as they have far bigger issues than who will play 12), but his ability to neutralize New Zealand's midfield (as he did all last season) would be very valuable for Australia right now. I seem to remember saying how Cooper and Barnes don't play well together, but no-one believed me on this either...

As you say, some of Dean's selections have performed far better than expected. Like you I never rated Timani, but I think he has been the best Wallaby forward over the last two tests. Likewise Samo has been far better than I would have predicted (but luckily Higginbotham has still proven to be a liability at test level, as I've always said he will).

Australia's lack of depth means that if the suffer a few injuries they are always going to struggle to compete with the AB's - I don't really think it really matters who the coach is at the moment, as Australia are going to struggle to compete without the likes of Horwill, Vickermann, Palu, O'Connor, McCabe etc...

Latest posts