• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby Cheerleaders

O

O'Rothlain

<div align="center">
Hot_Squad_Group_Photo.jpg
</div>
How widespread is the whole cheerleader thing becoming in Rugby Playing countries and communities? In america girls start cheerleading at 4 & 5. What's your opinion on the dancing girls with pom poms?

in a sport which requires 100% concentration for the whole match i dont think hot girls in skimpy outfits will help the players

Would be sweet though

I'll all for hot chicks, beer and graturitous violence all in one place.

But I'm a dirty old perv.

Let the League and other minor sports keep the cheerleaders.

We're UNION boys... the only cheerleaders we want to see is in the pub apres rugby, especially after your throat's sore from singing and one too many of the black stuff (lager for some).

They're only four for gods sake!!!

they got em in football over here, they dont seem to distract the players to much

well the fans.. :D

we have them for the super 14 already, dont know what the big deal is with them or without, when you are at the game you cant really see them anyway, or any important features anyway :)

great on tv though :)

every rugby 7s we have this cheerleading squad called the Agreko Dynamos..
and heck, they worked the crowd allright! man, its all about getting the crowd to move and make noise!
(although when i play, my presence alone would move the crowd...lol)

This is perhaps the only good thing coming from american sports :D

As we have no League (perhaps if we had League all those stupid kaffers could have joined that girlie game taking the pressure out of SA rugby - perhaps we wouldn`t have this stupid quota system) , cheerleaders are by all means entitled to boost the moral hehehe!

You got to admit that, here, in SA, there are the best cheerleaders :p

Hack no, i don`t like this american stupidities but what i don`t like it`s the way that in our day they put some dude or some chick to sing the anthem! Past day it was different, the stadium was all a big chorus and it was great! Now it sucks!

lol... Every time we get the highlights from any match from SA here, instead of any pre match bits such as players running out we just get a close up of the cheerleaders!

ZING!!!

Which does beg the question; Are there any women is SA that aren't hot?

Certainly not the case with all the ones I've ever met!

Come here and find that our for yourself :cheers: Also aussie cheerleaders are damn hot!

This is perhaps the only good thing coming from american sports :D

As we have no League (perhaps if we had League all those stupid kaffers could have joined that girlie game taking the pressure out of SA rugby - perhaps we wouldn`t have this stupid quota system) , cheerleaders are by all means entitled to boost the moral hehehe!

You got to admit that, here, in SA, there are the best cheerleaders :p

Hack no, i don`t like this american stupidities but what i don`t like it`s the way that in our day they put some dude or some chick to sing the anthem! Past day it was different, the stadium was all a big chorus and it was great! Now it sucks!
[/b]

Yeah comparing that to NZ cheerleaders its pretty sad. Our ones jump around for 5secs, maybe do a few rounds of the field, infact they dont get our crowds goin as much as your guys ones do in your country, theres more focus on the other socalled entertainment by tv coverage eg

Eden Park - Pirate bluebeard doin rounds of the pitch puffin blue smoke in the air. woopdy!

Waikato Stadium - Sum dude on an elevated platform revving up his chainsaw accompanied by the chorus of cowbells.

Westpac Stadium - Windy...very windy...hmmm...

Jade Stadium - Bunch a horses doin laps of the ground, ruining the pitch. giddyup!

Carisbrook - Bored male uni students dressed up as chics in a tutu doin ballet. Yawn

South Africa - hot tubs on sidelines filled with hot chics watchin footy! We dont have that :(

******** to it...it's a sport not a show.

In my experience there is always lots of really cool girls at the rugby anyway...some fatuous bimb shaking her pom-poms is just un-nescesary. As the dude said further up let league and American padball keep that. We'll just content ourselves with the beer and rugby.

In France there are "Pom-pom girls" in the big Top14 matchs that the Stade Français host in the Stade de France. There are also for the Super League matchs hosted by the Catalan Dragons.

I don't really appreciate that although these girls are usually quite gorgeous. This just that that seems to me so out of the context.

I wonder: are those guys that don`t like cheerleaders faggots? There must be smth wrong with them anyway :bleh!:

Why would anyone with internet access and at least one fully functioning wrist need cheap thrills like cheerleaders whilst they are at a rugby game.

If you want razzamatazz watch American football. This is rugby....we don't need distracting.

******** to it...it's a sport not a show.

In my experience there is always lots of really cool girls at the rugby anyway...some fatuous bimb shaking her pom-poms is just un-nescesary. As the dude said further up let league and American padball keep that. We'll just content ourselves with the beer and rugby.
[/b]
Dude...I couldn't disagree more. Everything can be improved with hot girls in skimpy clothing dancing. That was like one of Einteins theories, right?
main_einstein.jpg

Dude...I couldn't disagree more.[/b]

Yeah, but you drink cider and so are undoubtedly not properly through puberty yet...your opinions are clouded by your adolescence.

;):p

I'm all for scantily clad Hannah Graaf look-a-likes dancing for me but cheerleaders only have one purpose, to distract from how pointless the sport you are watching is.

Rugby is fine the way it is.

I have a deep love for cider and cheeleaders, and a mixture of the two. Next time I have a cheesey picture taken I'll make sure I'm waste deep in guinness wearing a snorkle and giving the "thumbs up"...that'll show you how mature I am!

Latest posts