• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby fan from Florida

Miami Marlins Fan

Academy Player
Country Flag
United States
Club or Nation
Harlequins
Hey everyone, been watching rugby since 2007 when a friend of mine introduced me to the game, and now I am hooked. In the US here most of our rugby is seen on Fox Sports Plus channel, but some is on Universal Sports, Comcast Net or (very rarely) on ESPN. College rugby is what is seen on ESPN mostly.

I do get to see 4 or 5 matches a week from Pro-12, Premiership and when Super 15 kicks in we get to see all of them on channel 490-1 on DirecTV's Rugby Channel. We also see Six nations on BBC America and Currie Cup. We used to see the ITM Cup but it looks like for a 2nd year in a row we will miss that.

I have come to root for several teams is the different leagues. Harlequins & Exeter in the Premiership, Ulster in the Pro-12 and Canterbury & Sharks in the Super 15.

Favorite all-time player is Mike Brown with the Quins. Also liked Ben Cohen when he was playing and still like Ross Ford with Edinburgh and Jamie Mackintosh with the Highlanders and Stags.

My knowledge about the game is still in its early stages but I do have passion for the game and really am eager to learn and help spread the game here in the US. Thanks for allowing me into the forum.

As for my screen name I am a HUGE baseball fan, and my local team is the Miami (formerly Florida) Marlins. We are opening our new $ 600 million ballpark in April and can't wait for that. I too am a huge (American) football fan, and my home team and one I follow is the Miami Dolphins. I also am a graduate of the University of Miami, and follow the Hurricanes football & baseball teams (GO 'CANES !).

Last edited:
welcome... sorry bout 'Quins

Oh my just saw we lost again. I was gonna wait to see the game (It is scheduled to be played on Wednesday on Fox Soccer Plus) but couldn't resist. Damn......that is a very tough loss. Connacht is playing much better this year and I guess that is it for our H-Cup chances.

Oh my just saw we lost again. I was gonna wait to see the game (It is scheduled to be played on Wednesday on Fox Soccer Plus) but couldn't resist. Damn......that is a very tough loss. Connacht is playing much better this year and I guess that is it for our H-Cup chances.

sorry didn't mean to spoil the result...

Welcome! Great to have some Americans on the forum. Might be going to college in the US and it's nice to hear there are some fans around!

Latest posts