• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby Laws.

J

Jack Smith

Hi, :D
:) Can some1 explain me what are the basic laws of starting the rugby game.?????????

hi,
up till now i know that there are two teams consisting of 15 players each. But what are the basic rules and norms for starting the game.
Can some 1 please xplain me????????? :D

Hello this is carrol,

Well m a big fan of rugby, so it will be my pleasure to explain u abt rugby.

There are mainly two teams containing 15 players each, Usually beforre starting the game a coin is tossed, the team that wins the coin toss has the choice of which end of the pitch to end . The losers than kick of the half way line. The ball must travel atleast 10metres and bounce in the field of play. If it dosent do this the team kicking off will be penalised.

I hope jack your basic concept is clear. :)

hi carrol :)

Thanks a lot. :D . Its gud to know that you are a great frd of rugby.!

Well my basic concept is clear , but can u plz tell me how can u score maximum points while playing rugby.????
I need to know all the basic's of rugby becoz next mont our college have organized rugby match, so for that i need to be mentally prepared. :)

hi, :D

wow good to know that.!. :cheers:

The most easiest way to score more points is to score a "Try". A try is worth one point. To score a try a player must carry the ball over the opponents goal line and press the ball down on the earth.

It is mainly suggested that players score a try by merely running over the goal line with the ball.

Hi Carrol,

Well its really nice talking to you :) . Thanks a lot.!.

You really made my concept clear abt this.! :bana:

Then to il refer some other sites little deeper , and if il face with any quarries then definately il post my reply.

1nce again thanks a lot. :cheers:

Hi jack,

If you really want to refer any sites than m sending you URL of a particular site , U will get perfect idea about what exactly are the laws of the games. :)

URL :- Tag Rugby - The Rules for Tag Rugby

Please do refer , m sure it will help u a lot. ok :)

Take Care.

when u step on the field for the first ime, all the talk about psyching urself up and all that u have learnt may dissolve and leave u in the lurch, so its best to just suck it up, and tackle ANYTHING that isnt wearing the same color as u

The most easiest way to score more points is to score a "Try". A try is worth one point. To score a try a player must carry the ball over the opponents goal line and press the ball down on the earth.

It is mainly suggested that players score a try by merely running over the goal line with the ball.
[/b]

In real rugby a try is 7 points, a conversion 2, and penaly or drop-goal 3.

A try is only worth one point in tag rugby.

<div class='quotemain'>
...so its best to just suck it up, and tackle ANYTHING that isnt wearing the same color as u
[/b]

*looks at the ref*

hmmm...
[/b][/quote]

hmmm....

:rahh: HE'S GOIN' DOWN :rahh:

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

In real rugby a try is 7 points, a conversion 2, and penaly or drop-goal 3.

A try is only worth one point in tag rugby.
[/b][/quote]

Hi,
el tk,
Thanks a lot :) for information,
And you are absolutely right that a try is score worth 7 points. And a try is worth 1 point in tag rugby. :cheers:

Actually, a try is worth 5 points, not 7. It only becomes 7 points if the "conversion" kick is successful.

Tries actually used to be worth nothing and you got the chance to "try" and get a score by kicking at goal after you scored a "try".

This is obviously not the way it works anymore, just rather interesting.

like they said in the other topic look at the rugby union section in wikipedia, it's even got a link to a youtube video of Rugby 06 detailing the most basic things you need to know about Rugby.

infact here it is.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=IEQyCcageGg&search=rugby

To me the most important laws of the game when refereeing either young or inexperienced players is the off-side law, the scrum laws and the handling errors(ie. knock ons, forward passes ect.). I find that if you don't keep a hard off-side line, then backs have absolutly no time to play. And this is a huge problem amongst youth teams as players are inexperienced and don't really know what to do with the ball when they have all the time in the world, let alone having the defence screaming down their throats. The scrum laws are fairly obvious has this is really the number 1 hazard area in rugby even at the professional level. Finally, the handling errors are another big concern. Everyone knows that you can't throw it forward or drop the ball as it will result in a scrum.

Those are the main areas a ref will be looking at with inexperienced players(I'm assuming you're not the only one in this boat?). As other portions of the game can really be given the blind eye. You'll get called for obvious hands in the ruck and what not, but at some point you just have to let the game flow.

Latest posts