• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby League 2 announced

A

Alan

My apologies for Mario, he was unable to post this due to being in an important meeting. I wanted you guys to know straight away, so here's all the good stuff you have been so patiently waiting for: -

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Sydney, Australia â€" February 25, 2005 â€" Home Entertainment Suppliers Pty Ltd (HES) announced today the development of "Rugby League 2" for PlayStation®2 and PC. The game follows on from the highly successful 2003 release “Rugby Leagueâ€, which debuted in Australasian charts at number one.

Building on the powerful game engine that was embraced by both gamers and people passionate about Rugby League, the game developer Sidhe Interactive has spent over 12 months creating a brand new sequel, packed with all new functionality and refined gameplay, graphics, controls, and competitions. Players, sponsors, and stadiums have all been updated to reflect the 2005 season.

“We are extremely pleased with the achievements of the first ***le†said David Robles, Business Development Manager for HES. “We have continued to develop our relationships with clubs, players and coaches over the past year and we are all very excited about the new productâ€.
Adding to these comments David Gallop, CEO of the NRL said, “We’re excited about the announcement of the new game as we view this as the celebration of our great game.  It provides an expansion of the game that allows friends and families the chance to play in the boots of their favourite players and teams.â€Â 

New features of “Rugby League 2†include -

- Multiplayer online play for all platforms, allowing competitive and friendly play over the Internet, player rankings, and statistics.

- All major teams and competitions including the NRL, SuperLeague, State of Origin, City versus Country, and a range of International Teams.

- Brand new gameplay features including ball stripping, shoulder barges, diving on and kicking the loose ball, contesting the high ball, pass to playmaker and more.

- New multi year Franchise Mode, including player contract management, injuries, judiciary, and mid season representative games.

- Highly realistic, individually modelled likenesses for over 500 players and referees.

- Lifelike animation, motion captured by Weta Digital, the VFX wizards behind The Lord of the Rings movie trilogy.

Mario Wynands, Managing Director of Sidhe Interactive, the development studio behind the ***le said, “Rugby League 2 will build on the strong foundation we have established, delivering an even richer and more engrossing sports gaming experience. We are committed to creating a ***le which fans will enjoy even more than the firstâ€.

" PlayStation 2 owners will be very excited by the quality of this game and the host of new features that have been included". says Michael Ephraim, Managing Director of Sony Computer Entertainment.

Rugby League 2 is expected for release on PlayStation®2 and PC in the second half of 2005 under “Tru Blu Gamesâ€, the publishing division of HES.[/b]

Discuss!
<

EA are in big trouble now as rugby 2005 has no online mode at all or proper franchise mode. Well done to all the people at Sidhe you guys have been bery busy indeed. The first rugby game to have online play this will be awesome and the frannchise mode will add longevity to the game

yeah screenshots look very good and vast improvement of the last game no doubt other things are better as well

Sounds great Sidhe.

Please, please, please make a union game!!

Tis weird that XBox is not mentioned in the press release or on the HES website?

Have Tru Blu done a deal with Sony (like GTA), where XBox may get it later?

Not that I care too much, I only have a PS2 anyway.

The franchise mode (and all its details) sounds great... just the kinda indepth game mode you'd want

... now all I gotta do is start caring/learning about League !

Take notice EA-HB & Swordfish ... they got online AND Franchise mode, they mean business!

Fair play to them and I look forward to it (as I said before, I hope its distribution in the UK is vastly improved upon over the availability the first game had up here)

EDIT: the rules/gameplay sliders sounds immense as well! something EA have always (but not in R2005) tried to do has been pinched nicely!!!

Great stuff that they've done mo-cap with Weta.
A bit dissappointed about the Xbox thing as Live would've been great, but I have a PS2 aswell so it doesn't matter too much.
Great features, I'm keen on the kick the ball from the ground one.
Exciting stuff.

What a crap 2+ years it's going to be.
I'll have to fork out money for GT4, Rugby 2005, Rugby League 2, WCR 2, BLIC, A PSP, Nintendo DS, Rugby 2006(?), WCR 3(?), Rugby league 3(?) PS3, Xbox2 etc. etc.

Man my life sucks.

Just to add to my list; GTA:pSP.

oooh it hurts. This thread is really bringing me down
<

Originally posted by Boomslangnz@Feb 25 2005, 05:48 PM
who cares bout it if it aint got xbox

really let me down sidhe
<
Alot of us care bout it
<

Seriously though mate, I'm pretty sure this thing is coming to XBOX too...

Originally posted by raziel_eire@Feb 25 2005, 04:22 PM
The franchise mode (and all its details) sounds great... just the kinda indepth game mode you'd want

... now all I gotta do is start caring/learning about League !

Take notice EA-HB & Swordfish ... they got online AND Franchise mode, they mean business!

Fair play to them and I look forward to it (as I said before, I hope its distribution in the UK is vastly improved upon over the availability the first game had up here)

EDIT: the rules/gameplay sliders sounds immense as well! something EA have always (but not in R2005) tried to do has been pinched nicely!!!
They are serious aren't they! This game sounds like it will be a good generation ahead of Rugby 2005! I can't wait!!!

F#$K ALL OF YOU XBOX HATERS...YO mario i see you...xbox or not?...xbox live is better platform for online play...