• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby League 2 (ps2)

meh good questoin

i was playing rl1 last night (omg i was bad and nothing was working) and the computer dived over the sideline going for a try that was funny.

i remember when i first got it i thought the graphics were pretty good, looking at it yesterday um.. what was i smoking?

just thought i would share

ah good stuff woosaah. i gave my copy of rl away a few months ago to a friend who is loving it. soon the wait will be over and we shall all have rl 2. graphics defintely look pretty sweet. yeah I thought there were meant to be more animations this time.

Im pretty sure ive seen more than two in the videos ive seen, there was a rolly polly one, and surely on a big run away you can just dot the ball right under the post?

The guy who reviewd it also said it had a 15 minute learning curve!? I got the impression from locksley and that, that it might take a good day or two to get into full swing. Maybe he was on easy?

yeah hard to say reviewer was proabbly on school boy i guess. defintely from locksley review the learning curve is bit steep but well worth it.

Those 'learning curves' used in reviews are hard to judge as there are usually too many factors to take into consideration.

For example he may not have bothered using many of the features. Sure, he would have tried some of them, but I'm sure that you can still play games without using the advanced passing system.

Also, take FIFA, you can win games just by playing a straight-forward pass, pass, pass, shoot method, or you can get into it and take the time to use the tactics available, and pop lofted through-balls etc.

And, above all else, some people find certain things easier than other people and vice-versa.
I wouldn't bother too much about that part.

Originally posted by Serge@Nov 29 2005, 05:26 AM
You guys do realise that picture of an injuy is not gameplay footage.
<
They're real time cut scenes though, so thats how the players will look that detailed even from afar.

Originally posted by The TRUTH!!@Nov 29 2005, 07:07 PM
Is this game available on XBOX?? and if so is it live enabled??
They haven't officially announced it yet, but from all accounts it seems one is being done and it will be released in a few months... If that happens, I'd say LIVE would be a given.

presumably the game will come out on x-box maybe a few months later and will be live enabled as the pc and ps2 verions have online play.

serge we all know it is a cut scene but based on that the overall graphics must be pretty good.

I reckon the picture looks more like Schicofski, cos Ron said he played one of the origins for us queenslanders, bout time too, I suppose.

i would have thought that schicofski would have been a new south welshman maybe.

but then again i dont know if he played junior league up there or what. i just remember him playing for the eels. and i dont know where he went after that
<
i should watch more league but i didn't have sky last year.

this year will be different
<
just hope the eels don't choke again

Originally posted by woosaah@Nov 30 2005, 09:50 AM
i would have thought that schicofski would have been a new south welshman maybe.

but then again i dont know if he played junior league up there or what. i just remember him playing for the eels. and i dont know where he went after that
<
i should watch more league but i didn't have sky last year.

this year will be different
<
just hope the eels don't choke again
Woosaah

I will confirm for you that Shif is a QLDER

Played for the South QLD Crusher's even before the Eels.

Also already has 1 or 2 caps for the Maroons......very unlucky not to have more, but when u have the back 3 of the cowboys, hunt and slater there's not much the selctors can do.

Just been reading some more of the Q&A with the reviewer, and he has pointed out a problem that will affect the internationals and origin selection. All the simulated games are simulated at 80 mins, so unless you play full length games your stats will never match up, and players from your team wont make the stats based selections of represenitive teams. I remember this problem with the stats in RL1, but it didnt really affect the game because there was no franchise. I naturally pressumed that this would be fixed, shocker!

Originally posted by CeeJay@Nov 30 2005, 01:59 PM
Just been reading some more of the Q&A with the reviewer, and he has pointed out a problem that will affect the internationals and origin selection. All the simulated games are simulated at 80 mins, so unless you play full length games your stats will never match up, and players from your team wont make the stats based selections of represenitive teams. I remember this problem with the stats in RL1, but it didnt really affect the game because there was no franchise. I naturally pressumed that this would be fixed, shocker!
I knew something like this would happen

This is a major problem, and cannot believe it hasnt been picked up from Sidhe

Just like the over-the-black-dot - missed kick from RL1

MONKEY TESTERS
<

Poor programming, from a poor mob with no capital, which they will use as justification for this error.
<

Half the fun is gorne...........If my franchise players cant play rep, then really, whats the point........I aint playing 80mins matches for 60-40 scorelines and 10 line breaks per match

what a shocker
<

I never got my hopes up for this........RL1 was poor.......Sidhe proclaimed the AI headhighs were something you can do about - WHICH U CLEARLY CANT - This constant false advice and NO idea of what u can and cant do, just illustrates the amount of flies swarming this pile of shite

So we get a delay, and they havent made it glitch free

The mods will be kept busy as per usual on this league franchise.

The main thing is we questioned these potential flaws and gaps in the system...yet they havent really adressed it, or given anough attention, and now guess what - FAILURE.....failure in the rugby genre - success in the sales, success in the under 12 minds - hence i smell EA antics all over the joint

I ALWAYS WANTED MY CONTROLLER MORE ANYWAYS!!!

I'm sure I read on the Sidhe forums some time ago that the perfect playing time for the game (so that scorelines, stats were relevant to other comp vrs comp games occuring during a season) was 10 minute halves??
<

Originally posted by Ride The Cliche@Nov 30 2005, 02:11 PM
I'm sure I read on the Sidhe forums some time ago that the perfect playing time for the game (so that scorelines, stats were relevant to other comp vrs comp games occuring during a season) was 10 minute halves??
<
I remember that too

Perhaps that was a lie, or a mis interpretation

I smell rats!!!

This is what the reviewer said.......

2. I do understand and you're correct! It's quite hard to have a score 24-22 when you're playing 10min games, the most I won by was 12-0. This is a little annoying for Rep selection, the one thing I'd suggest is playing 20min games to get the high stats that the CPU teams are getting. Case in point would be my season with the Warriors I'm 4th and have a pionts dif of +12, whilst the Roosters are coming 1st (4 points ahead on the ladder), and they have a points dif of +126.

He is playing 5 minute halves (hence his best score of only 12-0!!!) - play on 10 minute halves and all will be fine..........

Originally posted by Ride The Cliche@Nov 30 2005, 02:17 PM
This is what the reviewer said.......

2. I do understand and you're correct! It's quite hard to have a score 24-22 when you're playing 10min games, the most I won by was 12-0. This is a little annoying for Rep selection, the one thing I'd suggest is playing 20min games to get the high stats that the CPU teams are getting. Case in point would be my season with the Warriors I'm 4th and have a pionts dif of +12, whilst the Roosters are coming 1st (4 points ahead on the ladder), and they have a points dif of +126.

He is playing 5 minute halves (hence his best score of only 12-0!!!) - play on 10 minute halves and all will be fine..........
You seem correct NZL fan

Hopefully just a scare

I even saw young Lionmaul licking his paws
<

The best info of jumping for the bomb thus far

Latest posts