• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby League 3

Originally posted by sanzar+Apr 29 2006, 03:50 PM-->
Originally posted by THE CHIROPRACTOR101@Apr 29 2006, 02:21 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-St Helens RLFC
@Apr 27 2006, 03:21 AM
Got ideas to improve SIDHE's next effort, should they make one?

Discuss.

ideas?....mario try listening to YOUR community who want and need this game..listen to there wants and needs and see if you can atleast measure up to it..becoz ya last game was rugby 2004 with out rucks and mauls...f*** you if you disagree...that game was crap

im happy i didnt purchase the pile of junk..

but listen to the community,obviously flash graphics is eye candy..but the GAMEPLAY entirely makes the game..all the other **** on the side contribute to make the product greater
Well if you think about it, thats EXACTLY what sidhe did! They tried to implement as many of the fans wishes as possible! The problem was that trying to jam that much content into a low budget game that is still only starting out is going to result in poor execution... It's up to them to take things a bit more slowly for future versions and iron out the problems with RL2. [/b]
always at the defence arent you...

we asked for gameplay..what did we get?...NOTHING

take that tag you put under my name and put it on yours,where it rightfully belongs..

truth is (and everyone recognises this..coz if you dont yor just stupid)..the game play sucked

Originally posted by THE CHIROPRACTOR101+Apr 30 2006, 01:14 AM-->
Originally posted by sanzar@Apr 29 2006, 03:50 PM

Discuss.

ideas?....mario try listening to YOUR community who want and need this game..listen to there wants and needs and see if you can atleast measure up to it..becoz ya last game was rugby 2004 with out rucks and mauls...f*** you if you disagree...that game was crap

but listen to the community,obviously flash graphics is eye candy..but the GAMEPLAY entirely makes the game..all the other **** on the side contribute to make the product greater

Well if you think about it, thats EXACTLY what sidhe did! They tried to implement as many of the fans wishes as possible! The problem was that trying to jam that much content into a low budget game that is still only starting out is going to result in poor execution... It's up to them to take things a bit more slowly for future versions and iron out the problems with RL2.

take that tag you put under my name and put it on yours,where it rightfully belongs..

truth is (and everyone recognises this..coz if you dont yor just stupid)..the game play sucked [/b]
First up I didn't put the knobhead thing under your name... Second thing is that WE didn't ask for ****! The majority of the fans wanted Franchise modes and Online play and didn't ask too much of gameplay, so in that sense Sidhe delivered!

But seriously Chiro, go back and read my post again, it makes perfect sense (seriously, if you actually understood my post there is no way you could have come up with that response, so I assumed you skimmed it)... What you're whinging on about is begining to make me suspect you're English.

Originally posted by sanzar+Apr 30 2006, 02:22 AM-->
Originally posted by THE CHIROPRACTOR101@Apr 30 2006, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by sanzar@Apr 29 2006, 03:50 PM

Discuss.

Well if you think about it, thats EXACTLY what sidhe did! They tried to implement as many of the fans wishes as possible! The problem was that trying to jam that much content into a low budget game that is still only starting out is going to result in poor execution... It's up to them to take things a bit more slowly for future versions and iron out the problems with RL2.

truth is (and everyone recognises this..coz if you dont yor just stupid)..the game play sucked
First up I didn't put the knobhead thing under your name... Second thing is that WE didn't ask for ****! The majority of the fans wanted Franchise modes and Online play and didn't ask too much of gameplay, so in that sense Sidhe delivered!

But seriously Chiro, go back and read my post again, it makes perfect sense (seriously, if you actually understood my post there is no way you could have come up with that response, so I assumed you skimmed it)... What you're whinging on about is begining to make me suspect you're English. [/b]
excuse me?.....franchise and blah blah..yes yes

the core improvement wanted from fans was for better gameplay....go and read back on my posts and many many others..while mario was here talking to his community he chose fancyness over the key elements which make games sucessful...

THE GAMEPLAY

ill spell it out again..

T-H-E G-A-M-E-P-L-A-Y

i rest my case,we (and there is a majority of us) asked for much much improved game physics in gameplay.no glitches,responsive controls,better player control..and got the complete opposite..stop defending a whack game...i wish all the best for pt.3 but i am not putting my hopes up since experiencing a really average stacey jones(only reason i liked it was becoz it was the only league game out) and the stupid one they released last year..which i must sy is one of the worst games i have ever played...(and i love league,it was the worst representation of the game ever..well besides the canterbury bulldogs)..

i dont know what youre rambling on about...i said they didnt listen to us and you replied
Well if you think about it, thats EXACTLY what sidhe did![/b]

oh really?...we asked for a **** game?..

thats great..fair dinkum mate

Originally posted by THE CHIROPRACTOR101@Apr 30 2006, 01:34 AM

the core improvement wanted from fans was for better gameplay....go and read back on my posts and many many others..while mario was here talking to his community he chose fancyness over the key elements which make games sucessful...

THE GAMEPLAY

ill spell it out again..

T-H-E G-A-M-E-P-L-A-Y

Mate, deadset you're an absolute idiot. I love you and all, but seriously you just can't seem to grasp what I'm saying. I haven't been defending the gameplay at all, I've simply said that sidhe tried implement TOO MUCH of what the fans asked for... and like it or not gameplay wasn't the be all and end all for everyone, otherwise they wouldn't have put so much effort into all those masses of other things! Just think about it for 2 seconds and you'll realise that logistically this game was always in danger of ending out half baked because of how much they promised to put in it with so little money behind it and being only the second ***le in the series... But that said, I think there is great hope for the series, because if they just work on refining what they've got now it'll become a really good game!

whos at fault here?....sidhe or us?...you blaming the consumers?...who made the game?...

to me..personally,they were too influenced on glitz and glamour and tried to market there game based on the fanciness..and tried to reach to a wider market that was not ready for this game

who in the end is gonna buy this game?...the RUGBY LEAGUE FANATICS..not some other market of stupid rpg hippy nerds who want instant eye candy....thats what it seems like to me..they tried to reach beyond there market and in doing so wrecked the game for the REAL rugby league enthusiasts

i wouldnt jump to the defence of sidhe..i said time and time again,i respect mario and his team and the effort they put in..but realistically speaking..in the billion dollar industry of video gaming..they will suffer if they dont rely on the core of the product...which is the 'game' itself...if you play your cards right off and enjoyable game then you will reap rewards

yeah your right....they tried to hard,and thats not the consumers fault...its there fault

Originally posted by sanzar+Apr 29 2006, 06:30 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Kimmy_The_Kiwi
@Apr 29 2006, 05:28 PM
Yes they should make a new one..but ea should make it...they keep on making the rugby games better and better each year just when we thought they couldnt get better :p
Your dreaming, EA will never make a rugby league game. [/b]
Dreams are free :p

Originally posted by sanzar+Apr 30 2006, 02:42 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-THE CHIROPRACTOR101
@Apr 30 2006, 01:34 AM

THE GAMEPLAY

ill spell it out again..

T-H-E G-A-M-E-P-L-A-Y

Mate, deadset you're an absolute idiot. I love you and all, but seriously you just can't seem to grasp what I'm saying. I haven't been defending the gameplay at all, I've simply said that sidhe tried implement TOO MUCH of what the fans asked for... and like it or not gameplay wasn't the be all and end all for everyone, otherwise they wouldn't have put so much effort into all those masses of other things! Just think about it for 2 seconds and you'll realise that logistically this game was always in danger of ending out half baked because of how much they promised to put in it with so little money behind it and being only the second ***le in the series... But that said, I think there is great hope for the series, because if they just work on refining what they've got now it'll become a really good game! [/b]

Sanzar, that is just not like you. I mean "Mate, deadset you're an absolute idiot." ??? What does saying that to Chiro prove?
I know your frustrated that your point of view is not being taken in the way it was intended, but name-calling?

You make some good points, but essentialy a game is just that, a gameplay experience. Not everyone is obsessed with gameplay, true. It is isn't always the most important thing to everyone, but seriously good gameplay is the definition of a game.

They did try and put too much in, agreed. They just left out the main ingredient. It was like going to a BBQ that had no meat. Sure some people love the salads and bread, but how many people are truly enjoying themselves?

Originally posted by C A Iversen+Apr 30 2006, 11:27 AM-->
Originally posted by sanzar@Apr 30 2006, 02:42 AM

THE GAMEPLAY

ill spell it out again..

T-H-E G-A-M-E-P-L-A-Y

Mate, deadset you're an absolute idiot. I love you and all, but seriously you just can't seem to grasp what I'm saying. I haven't been defending the gameplay at all, I've simply said that sidhe tried implement TOO MUCH of what the fans asked for... and like it or not gameplay wasn't the be all and end all for everyone, otherwise they wouldn't have put so much effort into all those masses of other things! Just think about it for 2 seconds and you'll realise that logistically this game was always in danger of ending out half baked because of how much they promised to put in it with so little money behind it and being only the second ***le in the series... But that said, I think there is great hope for the series, because if they just work on refining what they've got now it'll become a really good game!

Sanzar, that is just not like you. I mean "Mate, deadset you're an absolute idiot." ??? What does saying that to Chiro prove?
I know your frustrated that your point of view is not being taken in the way it was intended, but name-calling?

You make some good points, but essentialy a game is just that, a gameplay experience. Not everyone is obsessed with gameplay, true. It is isn't always the most important thing to everyone, but seriously good gameplay is the definition of a game.

They did try and put too much in, agreed. They just left out the main ingredient. It was like going to a BBQ that had no meat. Sure some people love the salads and bread, but how many people are truly enjoying themselves? [/b]
Yeah, you're right, got a bit too overzealous with that comment :( . Will you ever forgive me Chiro? :ph34r:

But yeah, I haven't actually been disagreeing with you guys about the gameplay, because I also think the game is fundamentally flawed... I just think that given they probably ('hopefull' may be a better word) have realised that they can't go from FIFA 99 directly to FIFA 06 in one hit (which is what it looked like they were trying to do with the amount they jammed into RL2), that the next game will be more balanced and won't overstep its boundaries in the way this one did...

Originally posted by sanzar+Apr 30 2006, 03:41 PM-->
Originally posted by C A Iversen@Apr 30 2006, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by sanzar@Apr 30 2006, 02:42 AM

THE GAMEPLAY

ill spell it out again..

T-H-E G-A-M-E-P-L-A-Y

They did try and put too much in, agreed. They just left out the main ingredient. It was like going to a BBQ that had no meat. Sure some people love the salads and bread, but how many people are truly enjoying themselves?
Yeah, you're right, got a bit too overzealous with that comment :( . Will you ever forgive me Chiro? :ph34r:

But yeah, I haven't actually been disagreeing with you guys about the gameplay, because I also think the game is fundamentally flawed... I just think that given they probably ('hopefull' may be a better word) have realised that they can't go from FIFA 99 directly to FIFA 06 in one hit (which is what it looked like they were trying to do with the amount they jammed into RL2), that the next game will be more balanced and won't overstep its boundaries in the way this one did... [/b]
The Fifa comparison is pretty much right on the money.

I think that if they don't try to add any new features and just fix the gameplay then I'll buy RL3.

They have all the features they need for a RL game of their budget, all they need to do is fix the flawed gameplay and tweak the already included features. Even the graphics only need tweaking (updating jersey's, new players, hairstyles etc).

Originally posted by C A Iversen@May 1 2006, 12:28 PM
Scary thought. What if RL3 was actually worse?
i wouldnt throw it passed them

based on comments by the official team - they take in the majority of requests

so if the majority are 12 year olds - which the official feedback forum is made of

they will never have intelligent feedback, thus will keep on making the wrong formulae

ie features over gameplay

they have all the spices, veggies and drinks

but no meat - not for grown ups

they even have fairy bread.........but no beer n meat

Originally posted by ak47@May 1 2006, 01:17 PM
they have all the spices, veggies and drinks

but no meat - not for grown ups

they even have fairy bread.........but no beer n meat
Ah yes, needs more input from men who consume beer n meat, just like the men that play the game, like those manly (no pun) men Ian Roberts and John Hopoate...

Hey I'll be happy if Sidhe's third installment is as good (at least) as EA's third installment in their Rugby series ('05).

I have only played one version of the rugby league games and didn't really rate it surely they can only improve from that first one look how far they have come from jonnahrugby

Agree with C A Iversen and Candyman, but it's unfortunately taken 10+ years for the transformation of Jonahs to EA Rugby 06...

can league fans wait that long? Doubt I could.

Good call.....but hopefully the creators have been looking at rugby 06 and thought along the same line as EA have and with the technology we have these days compared to 10 years it might not take them as long to create a better league game

Originally posted by Candyman@May 3 2006, 03:05 PM
Good call.....but hopefully the creators have been looking at rugby 06 and thought along the same line as EA have and with the technology we have these days compared to 10 years it might not take them as long to create a better league game
True development time wouldn't be anywhere near that, just have to wait and see I suppose...

The only problem is they will have a hard time keeping up with all these players being released from there clubs another one from the warriors the other day

Latest posts