• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby League 3

Originally posted by dobrien7@Apr 29 2006, 06:53 PM
It would be great if they did, but unfortunately I have to agree, EA will in all likely hood NEVER release a league game...
They have done before so why NEVER again?....never say never

I hope when they make another one that they make the controls more like the rugby controls as what put me off the first game was the controls how to sprint you had to keep tapping the D-pad to sprint and passing was done by the triggers(Xbox). If they made the controls more like the rugby B=pass right X=pass left and right trigger to sprint they might find a few more people wanting to play it

I actually must admit though, despite all its flaws, there was a lot I liked about RL2... I still prefer its kicking system over any other, and I really like the 'total control passing', often being able to pull off some very cool plays with both of them, such as using the drop goal kick as a cross kick (cause it goes higher than a normal punt) for wingers. That said, both still need to be tightened significantly in the next instalment, being given significantly more fluidity. I would really love to see the "pass to play make" move expanded to make it so you could have them standing different depths and also able to organise set plays. First and foremost however, they need to drastically rework the motion engine.

Originally posted by gjwoodq+May 4 2006, 10:04 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-dobrien7
@Apr 29 2006, 06:53 PM
It would be great if they did, but unfortunately I have to agree, EA will in all likely hood NEVER release a league game...
They have done before so why NEVER again?....never say never [/b]
It's just simple logic... maybe not never, but certainly not in the forseeable future. Ask yourself: what possible reason could EA have for making a Rugby League ***le when the market is so limited and there is already a company with a solid foothold in the area?

Answer: There is no logical reason why EA would want to put any money into a ***le with such a limited scope for profit, even compared with Rugby Union (which is way behind FIFA and MADDEN as it is).

Maybe in 50 years if Rugby League somehow is a massively popular game played in a number of highly populated and economically significant countries, but not before then...

Originally posted by ak47+May 1 2006, 01:17 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-C A Iversen
@May 1 2006, 12:28 PM
Scary thought. What if RL3 was actually worse?
i wouldnt throw it passed them

based on comments by the official team - they take in the majority of requests

so if the majority are 12 year olds - which the official feedback forum is made of

they will never have intelligent feedback, thus will keep on making the wrong formulae

ie features over gameplay

they have all the spices, veggies and drinks

but no meat - not for grown ups

they even have fairy bread.........but no beer n meat [/b]
Yeah you make a good point, unfortunetly...

In the 'RL3 Ideas' thread, alot of the users on there have asked for stuff like Cheerleaders and these sort of cinematics instead of fixing the gameplay or some other improving some of the other features in the game.

Hopefully is Sidhe get the nod for RL3 we will see improvement in the important things instead of stuff like Cheerleaders etc.

Originally posted by Jono078+May 7 2006, 01:53 AM-->
Originally posted by ak47@May 1 2006, 01:17 PM

so if the majority are 12 year olds - which the official feedback forum is made of

they will never have intelligent feedback, thus will keep on making the wrong formulae

they even have fairy bread.........but no beer n meat

In the 'RL3 Ideas' thread, alot of the users on there have asked for stuff like Cheerleaders and these sort of cinematics instead of fixing the gameplay or some other improving some of the other features in the game.

Hopefully is Sidhe get the nod for RL3 we will see improvement in the important things instead of stuff like Cheerleaders etc. [/b]
What would be the point of having cheerleaders it not like you will get to play with them :D

Also aren't they now talking about doing away with cheerleaders because they are showing to much skin now??

Originally posted by Candyman+May 7 2006, 05:19 PM-->
Originally posted by Jono078@May 7 2006, 01:53 AM
Originally posted by ak47@May 1 2006, 01:17 PM

they even have fairy bread.........but no beer n meat

Hopefully is Sidhe get the nod for RL3 we will see improvement in the important things instead of stuff like Cheerleaders etc.
What would be the point of having cheerleaders it not like you will get to play with them :D

Also aren't they now talking about doing away with cheerleaders because they are showing to much skin now?? [/b]

Is there such a thing as a cheerleader showing too much skin?

Whats the world coming to? :p

Originally posted by C A Iversen@May 7 2006, 09:11 PM

Is there such a thing as a cheerleader showing too much skin?

Whats the world coming to? :p
Not in my eyes there isn't but they wear so little so why wear anything at all

because underage kids go to the game...

though i wouldnt mind seeing some of them wearing nothing :p

Originally posted by Candyman@May 8 2006, 10:04 AM
Not in my eyes there isn't but they wear so little so why wear anything at all
though i wouldnt mind seeing some of them wearing nothing[/b]

As long as it's cheerleaders like say the Auckland ones we're talking about seeing, as the Southland ones are all at intermediate school still, and I personally don't wanna see something I could get arrested for doing so...

Originally posted by woosaah@May 8 2006, 11:31 AM
because underage kids go to the game...

though i wouldnt mind seeing some of them wearing nothing :p
Thats when the parents send them to the hot dog stand :D

cricky just read my post and it sounds dodgy

i meant the cheerleaders and as long as they were legal (over 18 at least anyway)

the cantebury ones are good, though i havnt been to a game there for a few years :(

Originally posted by sanzar@May 6 2006, 12:46 PM

It's just simple logic... maybe not never, but certainly not in the forseeable future. Ask yourself: what possible reason could EA have for making a Rugby League ***le when the market is so limited and there is already a company with a solid foothold in the area?

Answer: There is no logical reason why EA would want to put any money into a ***le with such a limited scope for profit, even compared with Rugby Union (which is way behind FIFA and MADDEN as it is).

Maybe in 50 years if Rugby League somehow is a massively popular game played in a number of highly populated and economically significant countries, but not before then...
Mario claims that EA tried to get in on the deal after the first RL game broke all those pre-order records before it was released. They obviosly have some interest.......

Originally posted by woosaah@May 8 2006, 02:27 PM
cricky just read my post and it sounds dodgy

i meant the cheerleaders and as long as they were legal (over 18 at least anyway)

the cantebury ones are good, though i havnt been to a game there for a few years :(
Yeah was the same with southland a few years ago they had some tidy one but now they have like 15 and 16 year olds doing not cool at all

Originally posted by Kage+May 8 2006, 02:12 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-sanzar
@May 6 2006, 12:46 PM

Mario claims that EA tried to get in on the deal after the first RL game broke all those pre-order records before it was released. They obviosly have some interest....... [/b]
Yeah, I think I remember that. But I if the market did look to have potential, all EA would do would be to buy sidhe and have them continue making the games under the EA heading... so it wouldn't be any different, as they wouldn't risk competing.

Originally posted by sanzar+May 8 2006, 08:29 PM-->
Originally posted by Kage@May 8 2006, 02:12 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-sanzar

Mario claims that EA tried to get in on the deal after the first RL game broke all those pre-order records before it was released. They obviosly have some interest.......
Yeah, I think I remember that. But I if the market did look to have potential, all EA would do would be to buy sidhe and have them continue making the games under the EA heading... so it wouldn't be any different, as they wouldn't risk competing. [/b]

Don't you reckon that the standard research undertaken by EA would tell them that there are a lot more unsatisfied Sidhe Rugby League fans than there are EA Rugby fans, and just use the current Rugby engine?

Originally posted by C A Iversen+May 8 2006, 09:11 PM-->
Originally posted by sanzar@May 8 2006, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by Kage@May 8 2006, 02:12 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-sanzar

Yeah, I think I remember that. But I if the market did look to have potential, all EA would do would be to buy sidhe and have them continue making the games under the EA heading... so it wouldn't be any different, as they wouldn't risk competing.

Don't you reckon that the standard research undertaken by EA would tell them that there are a lot more unsatisfied Sidhe Rugby League fans than there are EA Rugby fans, and just use the current Rugby engine? [/b]
You'd think so, but then if it were that simple, then why doesn't the EA Rugby series utilize the Madden engine? ... EA wouldn't put all that much resources to start off with, just the same as with rugby. I don't know if you can all still remember, but Rugby 2004 was EA's second attempt, and it was a fair bit worse than RL2 to say the absolute least.

Originally posted by C A Iversen@May 9 2006, 06:39 AM
Yes, I remember. How would I have forgotten that? :wacko:
Well not so much forgotton, but purged from your memory as a survival mechanism so you don't have to relive the pain :ph34r: .

They could easily make a league game at little cost if they used the same engine. They just need to add licenses and remove rucks, lineouts and adjust the kicking and scrums. They let the rugby devs use the fifa engine, so why not use that engine for League.

Latest posts