• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby League Live 2 Review

Started to get the hang of it and must say, thoroughly enjoying it.

Started a career off with the South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Started to get the hang of it and must say, thoroughly enjoying it.

Started a career off with the South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Going with SBW and company? What are the other comps are included? Super League? Some international?

On an aside, I hope this game excites some of the forum members and they pop into the League section especially when the NRL gets started up. Melon has done a lot of great work(amongst some others Amobokoboko notably) getting that section out of what was essentially a slow death. I think this season is going to be great. I might get a "General Super League discussion" thread started this year as well, as I think it worked well for NRl as casual posters could quickly give their thoughts without having to start new threads.

Going with SBW and company? What are the other comps are included? Super League? Some international?

On an aside, I hope this game excites some of the forum members and they pop into the League section especially when the NRL gets started up. Melon has done a lot of great work(amongst some others Amobokoboko notably) getting that section out of what was essentially a slow death. I think this season is going to be great. I might get a "General Super League discussion" thread started this year as well, as I think it worked well for NRl as casual posters could quickly give their thoughts without having to start new threads.

SBW signed with the Roosters, the other Sydney franchise. Sadly SBW is not in the game.

Super League, NRL, The Championship and Champ Div 1, Some Lower League Australian sides and also Australia, England and New Zealand.

SBW signed with the Roosters, the other Sydney franchise. Sadly SBW is not in the game.

Super League, NRL, The Championship and Champ Div 1, Some Lower League Australian sides and also Australia, England and New Zealand.

Yep my mistake LOL, got mixed up in all the noise of the transfers this season. Looks like it's a moot point sadly with his absense from the game.

Good selection of teams then that should add to the variety greatly.

Its nice to see that other people are having the same problems as I, doesnt make me feel so rubbish at the game.

I was experimenting with the different Camera angles last night to see which one was best suited for my preferences. Everyone raves about side on, but I just feel that you can't judge the distances between the opposition players (for me anyways).

One thing I found that helped, and decreased the likelihood of silly personal error was changing the camera "rotate" when on end to end to once tackled (or whatever the phrasing is).

Anyone got any tricks or things that we're able to do that isn't said in the tutorial or in game manual. I found out about the dummy (which is more cosmetic than anything). Not really understanding what the shimmy does, or whether its even performed (is there a specific animation or is it purely one sidestep and then another in opposite direction??)

Hope you guys are enjoying it :D

Wow just played it... What a disappointment. After reading the review on here, I thought it would actually be a half decent game, somewhat polished at least. It's awful!

Half the intercepts come from absolutely nowhere, with the ball's propulsion changing midway through the air so as to gift the intercept to the opposition. The kicking is absolutely terrible, the sidestepping etc. feels very fake, tackling is ridiculous (with broken tackles every third or fourth attempt). Which idiot designed the switch player system?

This is worse than Rugby 08... Heck, this is worse than Rugby 05.

I must admit, I've never spent much time playing the League games, but I've realised that controlling a whole league team is actually a fair bit boring? Each play is very similar to the last, and although as an individual it would be fun, when you control the whole team it's all a bit tedious, especially on defence.

Just had a match with Olyy ...

ztXnJ.jpg

Got to say I was impressed with how smooth it was to play online.

Haha, yeah - Not a great performance from me :p
Gave away a breakaway try on the final hooter, and my standoff got caught on 5th tackle when I was aiming my kick which then led to a try on that set of 6 :(

Wow just played it... What a disappointment. After reading the review on here, I thought it would actually be a half decent game, somewhat polished at least. It's awful!

Half the intercepts come from absolutely nowhere, with the ball's propulsion changing midway through the air so as to gift the intercept to the opposition. The kicking is absolutely terrible, the sidestepping etc. feels very fake, tackling is ridiculous (with broken tackles every third or fourth attempt). Which idiot designed the switch player system?

This is worse than Rugby 08... Heck, this is worse than Rugby 05.

I must admit, I've never spent much time playing the League games, but I've realised that controlling a whole league team is actually a fair bit boring? Each play is very similar to the last, and although as an individual it would be fun, when you control the whole team it's all a bit tedious, especially on defence.

Yeah I read the reviews here and went and checked out some footage on youtube and it looked pretty average to be honest.

Christ, if you get a game that is even marginally laggy then the defence is just non-existent.
Had someone score 6 breakaway tries without my players, either AI or controlled, even touching him. He just ran right past them and they just followed along side - not even as if he stepped, or they were too far away, they just didn't tackle.

The more I'm playing, the better I'm getting ;) (Kind of obvious really). I like using the Double press passes (run onto the ball) and Cut out but forget sometimes to throw them precisely. Still get intercepted but I'm getting better. Biggest problem really is knowing how deep or flat your runners are (Don't like using side view, prefer end to end).

Is there a technique to dummy half play??? Cause sometimes it seems i'm pressing the pass button too early, leading to no pass and getting crushed for standing still!!!

Also Am I missing something with the "running lines"?? Is there a way to alter them, or are they just predetermined???

Well, just a bit busy with work. But I'm buying this beauty for my younger bro.
Will spent a bit more time on the NRL sub forum later this weekend. :)

Struggling to decide what NRL team to do a career with.

South Sydney Rabbitohs - Ingles and the Burgess boys.

Sydney Roosters - Like the kit, no none of the players.

NZ Warriors - Purely because of Manu Vatuvei.

Last edited:
Struggling to decide what NRL team to do a career with.

South Sydney Rabbitohs - Ingles and the Burgess boys.

Sydney Roosters - Like the kit, no one of the players.

NZ Warriors - Purely because of Manu Vatuvei.

What's the highest rated team Cymro? Is there a vast gap in the ratings they've assigned to the NRL and Super League teams?

What's the highest rated team Cymro? Is there a vast gap in the ratings they've assigned to the NRL and Super League teams?

I don't have the Xbox on at the mo, but this video will show you the ratings of each team.

I think for the Super League the best teams in the league are rated the highest. Same goes for the NRL, it's balanced fairly well between the SL and NRL, but that's my feeling. A person who watches more league will argue the ratings are not balanced which is fair enough.

Last edited by a moderator:
Still enjoying local offline multi-player comps with friends on this game and last night we had a tournament between four of us. It was pretty good and I won the final 10-6 so was pretty happy about that to boot. There's no option for two rounds in a four team comp, so that's a little disappointing and we just have it written out on paper for that reason. Still an awesome feeling scoring a good try and we play on professional difficulty right now. Probably will bump that up in a few days I think.

I really do hope they bring out a pc version.

Latest posts