• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby League Live 5

Alex.ritchie

Academy Player
There is virtually no information available to the public about this game, other than that it has been verified it is in development and will be released sometime in the coming future. Would be great if anyone could post some info about it.

Who's excited about this game?

In my opinion the Rugby League Live games are more enjoyable, and less glitchy than the Rugby Union games, most recently Rugby 20, so am interested to see what they offer up.

Rugby League Live 4 was hands down the best Rugby game of either code ever made and it's not even close. I've got over 200 hours of play on it.

It's the most fluid of any game, the passing, line running, defence, and kicking are excellent and the AI is actually challenging.

I've played every Rugby game ever made and none of them even compare. I wish a Union game would take RLL4's engine and just run with it.

Rugby League Live 4 was hands down the best Rugby game of either code ever made and it's not even close. I've got over 200 hours of play on it.

It's the most fluid of any game, the passing, line running, defence, and kicking are excellent and the AI is actually challenging.

I've played every Rugby game ever made and none of them even compare. I wish a Union game would take RLL4's engine and just run with it.
Was actually thinking much the same last night. The big hit mechanic is great too.

Was actually thinking much the same last night. The big hit mechanic is great too.
Rugby League Live 3 was also quite good but was more arcade-like in it's play style. You could beat the computer fairly easy once you figured out the mechanics.

RLL4 took the work done on RLL3 and improved on every aspect of the game. Set plays, defensive system, offside mechanic, play the ball, kicking system, fatigue, etc.

Tactical kicking is incredibly important in the game as is using play the ball and holding the player down in the tackle. Once you figure out how to use some of the offensive plays to, you can score some pretty nice tries.

The game is hard though. I just played a match the other day on Veteran having not played for about 7 months and the computer spanked me. I dropped down to Pro and played through an NRL season and am now regularly beating the AI on Pro again. I am going to step back up to Veteran soon.

RLL4 got some negative reviews because of its challenging AI. It was mostly from casuals that don't appreciate the finer aspects of the sport and just wanted to throw the ball around and put 100 points on the computer.

I have found out of all the Rugby games on the market, it is the closest thing we have to a Madden or FIFA level of detail and gameplay. I also appreciate that they had all the major licenses for the sport.

Latest posts