• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby Shorts

You have to imagine the amount of chaffing if u lengthened the shorts..you'll be able to smell the smoke mate...

You have to imagine the amount of chaffing if u lengthened the shorts..you'll be able to smell the smoke mate... [/b]

i donno i always where soccer shorts in training with my compression shorts under them to be honest theres no problems, the only problem i have is they dont have pockets!

other than the gumshields (which u can just leae in ur mouth), and ur mitts (which u can wear on ur hands) i dont really see a need for pockets?

am i missing something here? really.

I always have pockets on my shorts because i have to take out my gum shield when i kick.
With my gum shield in i can't breath slowly and comfortably to approach a place kick.
Hence pockets for me.

other than the gumshields (which u can just leae in ur mouth), and ur mitts (which u can wear on ur hands) i dont really see a need for pockets?

am i missing something here? really.

[/b]

Well the main thing with me is i rarely wear the thing, i only wear it when we do stuff with contact and even then sometimes i wont wear it, and i dont really want to jog off the pitch to set it down with my **** on the side.

actually the pockets are pretty important for the second rows..Over here we train our second rows to bind through the props thighs and gripping their pockets..

just curious:

where is over here, and

isnt the way to bind to ur props by hugging their tree trunk thighs?

isnt the way to bind to ur props by hugging their tree trunk thighs?
[/b]
Hugging their tree-trunk thighs doesn't give you as tight of a bind, and might interfere with their push.

Ha , that looks great! poor old gavin..... world cup heart break again ... was looking forward to seeing those not so short shorts doing the rounds in france :S

Latest posts