• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby supporters

Q

qtip

Hello everyone,

I'm a French guy who loves rugby and with some friends we created last year some kind of "France supporters Club" to follow the France rugby team around the world and to support them. In february we created a website (www.lechantduxv.fr) where we put some information (history, origins etc...) about rugby supporters chants and other funny stuff and now we'd like to complete our database with more information about the chants of the VI nations participants. We created this group because we found out that the english speaking countries had the best supporters in the world and we want to close the gap to be ready for the Rugby World Cup 2007.

Thanks,

qtip
www.lechantduxv.fr

PS: My english is not very good so please excuse me i tried to do my best. If this post is not in the right section could you tell me where i could put it thanks.

PS: My english is not very good so please excuse me i tried to do my best. If this post is not in the right section could you tell me where i could put it thanks.
[/b]

I would say your English is very good. Bon chance pour le site...allez the blanc (champions du monde)!

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

I would say your English is very good. Bon chance pour le site...allez the blanc (champions du monde)! [/b][/quote]

I pass my luck on for the site aswell :)

This was our kick off chant in school:

Wumba!
Wumba!
Wumba!
YakYakYakYakYakYakYak ...

We were proud to sing it, and often - because the other side scored all the time - but I forget the rest. It translates perfectly into French (apart from the W).

Another one:

Oy zigga zumba zumba,
Oy zigga zumba zumba zay ...

But that's not French at all, more Yiddish. I think we were just drunk. And then the Spice Girls nicked it for their first hit.

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

I would say your English is very good. Bon chance pour le site...allez the blanc (champions du monde)!
[/b][/quote]
You speak french? Or use of an online translator? :p Good luck with your site ^^^^

I don't know why but the French have always played a rather sexy brand of rugby............yes, you heard me right.

You speak french? Or use of an online translator? :p Good luck with your site ^^^^
[/b]

I'm sure it's pretty rubbish French but I did do my best not to say "Mushrooms of the world"

Thanks for your greatly appreciated support ;) . I'm really a rugby supporter from France but i'm really interested in discovering what kind of songs people in the world sing to support their favorite team. Moreover, in France, except in the south of the country, many people do not know what rugby is about, that's why we created this site.
PS : I do not use a translator, I just try to do my best.

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

I'm sure it's pretty rubbish French but I did do my best not to say "Mushrooms of the world"
[/b][/quote]
:lol: I'm not that good at french but I'm pretty sure you didn't screw up. ^.^

@RoyalBlueStuey
I confirm, you did not screw up...
J'avais pas compris la plaisanterie : "Mushrooms of the World" which means in French "Champignons du monde" !!! :p

Hello guys, I'm looking for videos of English, Irish & Australian supporters to update my website (www.lechantduxv.fr). So if anyone has got great videos send me a pm, thanks.

PS : Excuse me for my english but i tried to do my best

Merci pour les infos.

Bonnes chances - je crois que les Blues sont bien place pour gagne le coupe cet anne.