• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby Union Team Manager 2017 for PC and Mac

Great game
Really the best rugby management game
But it needs work
Managing Wp and Stormers together (Wp feed the Stormers )
Grouping players by positions in international selection
Add the addlib attack style from rutm2015
Southern hemisphere licenses
Improved tactics in some way
Personalities for choosing a captain
Thanks
Plz think about this

Hello Dave,

RUTM 2015 player two years ago I took some time before buying the 2017 version and only played since a few weeks…but I think it is the beginning of a new long rugby manager career ! I will not manage to write a complete list for positive points but only give you a few that I have in mind at this time : gameplay during the match, players and club licenses for North hemisphere, new interesting training system, etc.

From my point of view one of the main axis to improve in the future deals with the user interface which is sometime not as "ergonomic" as it could be compared to other management games. For instance if I remember well in RUTM 2015 only one click was necessary to activate a team call during a match…now you have to click on Team calls, click on the one you want to activate and then click on continue. Three clicks is definitely not helping !

It just one example but I am quite sure that improvement on such a topic (on match screen but also on different menus) could be key in the future to enlarge your players not only to rugby fans but more generally to sport manager games.

Thanks for your game and for hours I am going to spent on it. I bought RUTM in 2015 as an alternative game and I came back to the 2017 version as "must have" one !

And last but not least thanks to you and your team for taking the time to answer to players. It is very appreciated.

Best regards
alexandre

Is anyone having issues with the game crashing during games? I can't play two games in a row without it crashing. It's making me sad, I love the game otherwise!

Is anyone having issues with the game crashing during games? I can't play two games in a row without it crashing. It's making me sad, I love the game otherwise!
Hi GreggyPea,
Sorry to hear of your problem, please could you email us with more details, and we will look into this for you
Please email :- [email protected]

Kind Regards
Dave
Customer Support
Alternative Software Ltc

Wow british and Irish lions feature added to game... very good lads.. only thing is that it won't load with a custom database?? Anyone try this out?

Wow british and Irish lions feature added to game... very good lads.. only thing is that it won't load with a custom database?? Anyone try this out?

Hi thanks for spotting this, it is now fixed, we hope you enjoy this extra .
Kind Regards
Dave
Customer Support
Alternative Software Ltd

When i try to play the British Lions feature on custom database it only has real names for players playing in the premiership in england still.. all welsh scottish irish are fake names..(sexton isnt even in the squad to select)

Love the Lions update thanks Dave!

I think Ben Smith may be missing from the NZ selection of players though?

Also any chance we can get just a international version of the game up and running ;)

When i try to play the British Lions feature on custom database it only has real names for players playing in the premiership in england still.. all welsh scottish irish are fake names..(sexton isnt even in the squad to select)

Hi The extra "On Tour" game uses alias names as we don't have the international licenses.
So if you wish to change their names then you could use the editor.

Reference the players names you are finding, and not finding, It's just, whoever created the custom database, you are using, will have only changed the English players alias names, it seems.

I hope this is helpful, and that you are enjoying the game.
Kind Regards
Dave
Customer Support
Alternative Software Ltd

Love the Lions update thanks Dave!

I think Ben Smith may be missing from the NZ selection of players though?

Also any chance we can get just a international version of the game up and running ;)
Hi Harry,
Please see my reply above about the "On Tour" game. If you look through the default database, you should find a player for you to edit accordingly.
Kind Regards
Dave
Customer Support
Alternative Software Ltd.

Great game
Really the best rugby management game
But it needs work
Managing Wp and Stormers together (Wp feed the Stormers )
Grouping players by positions in international selection
Add the addlib attack style from rutm2015
Southern hemisphere licenses
Improved tactics in some way
Personalities for choosing a captain
Thanks
Plz think about this

Hi Dave
I was wondering wat you think about
My suggestions

Hi Dave
I was wondering wat you think about
My suggestions
Hi
Many thanks for your ideas, they are much appreciated, and we will certainly be looking at these for future versions.

Kind Regards
Dave
Customer Support
Alternative Software Ltd.

Hello Dave,
I observed a strange issue last week end for the first time while my players were trying to score and win the game at the end of the match. After several ruck played very close of the adverse try line, one of my player took the ball from the ruck, cross the field back till my own side and go out of the line...End of the match and lost the game...
One match later I met again the same issu just before half time...
Very strange and disapointing of course...Did anyone already observ such a problem or do I have in my team a crazy player ?
thanks
Regards
Alexandre

Hi Dave,

Everything HendriStrydom1 wrote about improvements I agree with. The international selection is mad, while it's great to get to select the lions it takes bloody ages. Takes all the joy out. Surely sorting by position can be done? Cheers.

also, despite being Irish, I'd like Haskell and Lawes in my team but they are not in eligible players for lions. CJ Stander too, and I've gone back to the editor to check nationality, they are English and Irish, just not available for Lions selection. It's very frustrating. I really want to enjoy this game but some things need fixing badly.

Hi Dave,

Everything HendriStrydom1 wrote about improvements I agree with. The international selection is mad, while it's great to get to select the lions it takes bloody ages. Takes all the joy out. Surely sorting by position can be done? Cheers.

Hi
If you click the field heading "Prim" at the top of the control, players will sort into position order, Loosehead Prop through to Full Back and Utility Back..

Kind Regards
Dave
Customer Support
Alternative Software Ltd

Sorry Dave, I wasn't clear. What I meant to say was that single position selection is needed. It takes very long to select a national or Lions team.
And Lawes, Haskell and Stander still unavailable to select for Lions.

Sorry Dave, I wasn't clear. What I meant to say was that single position selection is needed. It takes very long to select a national or Lions team.
And Lawes, Haskell and Stander still unavailable to select for Lions.
Hi Please check out the game with the latest update.
Kind Regards
Dave
Customer Support

Hi Guys,

As part of my gaming channel i've started a new series using Rugby Union Team Manager 2017 & am currently uploading the British & Irish Lions tour of New Zealand.

All the episodes should be online within the next week but episode 1 has been uploaded today.

View, like, comment, subscribe & I will be creating a new career save very shortly.

Thanks

Bobby G

Hi Guys,

As part of my gaming channel i've started a new series using Rugby Union Team Manager 2017 & am currently uploading the British & Irish Lions tour of New Zealand.

All the episodes should be online within the next week but episode 1 has been uploaded today.

View, like, comment, subscribe & I will be creating a new career save very shortly.

Thanks

Bobby G

Hi Bobby,

Thanks Bobby
We are so pleased that you are enjoying the game.
Kind Regards
Dave
Customer Support
Alternative Software Ltd

Latest posts