• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby Video Collecting

M

mingul

Good day to all rugby fans here. My name is Mihnea and I am a rugby fan from Romania.
The reason I am writing here is because I am terribly looking for some video coverage of Romania against the big guns of World Rugby, especially some games from 70s and 80s, the Golden Era of Romanian rugby. As I am born in the 80s, I would like to see them as I haven't at that time.
My truly most wanted games are:

1980 - Romania - France 15-0
1980 - Ireland - Romania 13-13
1981 - Romania - All Blacks 6-14
1982 - Romania - France 13-9
1983 - Romania - Wales 24-6
1984 - Romania - Scotland 28-22
1988 - Wales - Romania 9-15
1990 - Romania - France 6-12
1991 - Romania - Scotland 18-12

and also any game from the Rugby World Cups.

I am looking for anything from short highlights to full matches. Please let me know if anybody has anything, wants to help me, or exchange.

Thanks for reading the message,
I hope i posted in the right forum.

Yours sincerely,
Mihnea

P.S. If there are any rugby sites (video archives etc...other forums...where I could post my message please help me)

Well Mihnea, you certainly have asked very nicely. This forum does not usually post video footage of games or make them available for download.

That said, if anyone of our forum members happen to have any of the footage you request, it would be great if they make contact and help you out.

By the looks of some of those games, Romania certainly did have a golden era!

Thanks for the reply. Yes the certainly did. Communism used sport as propaganda...and massive investments were made in all sports.
I hope someone might have coverage and might want to help me with seing these classic matches.

Unfortunately things have changed nowadays, but amazingly Romania keeps her standard just below the 6 Nations, which is truly amazing especially that investments are still very sparse.

Waiting for any replies:)
and for some other good rugby links:)

I never saw the game but I remember the talk from the AB game in the early 80's. NZ had their top squad for that game and had just beaten the Springboks in what could quite possibly be one of the best test series between the two countries. The lineups on that game can be found on

Romania Vs NZ Game Stats 24th Oct 1981

I heard that Romania had 2 tries disallowed in this game. It is one of the games I am looking mostly:(

Maybe someone

I've looked in certain places which always have what i want but not these rugby matches :(...no search engines bring anything up either. I'd say the best hope is to try and contract broadcasting companies, but they'd probably be pompous pricks.

I've looked in certain places which always have what i want but not these rugby matches :(...no search engines bring anything up either. I'd say the best hope is to try and contract broadcasting companies, but they'd probably be pompous pricks.
[/b]

Can you reccomend some of those places...maybe I can find tries of or against Romania at world cups...I am trying to find some coverage from World Cups too...

Cheers
Mihnea

Hey Mingul, the only website I can think of to get any rugby matches is from this forum website called aussie. I'm not sure if they have any old matches posted though and you will need an invite to that website. Ill check and see if they have any Romanian Games.

Latest posts