• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby Vs Gridiron immortalised in Indian art

R

RoyalBlueStuey

http://www.singhtwins.co.uk/gals/battel.htm

battel.jpg

Well I liked it anyway

Odd...what's that all about? I mean, it's interesting, but is the artist trying to talk about commercialization?

Odd...what's that all about? I mean, it's interesting, but is the artist trying to talk about commercialization?
[/b]

I tihnk there's a load of slightly pretentious blurb about the picture in the gallery section of their site.

I just like their style...I'm a sucker for that indian artwork, I think it's even cooler when it's got a contempory slant on it. They did a re-working of the Liverpool coat of arms for our 2008 Capital of Culture year.

St George's Hall

bit weird how the ram(gridiron) ends up having elephant feet (rugby, clearly the all blacks - listen to the heads swell)......omg.... I just realised both sports are represented as elephants

I can't say that I like it at all, although having looked at the gallery there's some really good ones on there

Liverpool1.jpg

Yeah...this is definitely cool...
It has a very "old-world" sort of style to it...you'd only know it's modern by the buidings...very cool.

That's Gavin Henson on the right. Don't know who the pasty dude is.
[/b]

HAhahahah good one!! man, it took me a while actually.. u made me look up to the elephant painting and look for a gavin henson look a like there... lol.. obviously u were talkin bout the last one.. lmao..

The all blacks are not all dark islanders. Theres pasty white guys on that team too....

well im guessing thats the all blacks portrayed in teh drawing...

Liverpool1.jpg

Yeah...this is definitely cool...
It has a very "old-world" sort of style to it...you'd only know it's modern by the buidings...very cool. [/b]

Thats the kind of picture a stoner would benefit in buying assuming he has some cash left lol. Just toke up and buzz out that picture for hours.

<div align="center">
ND-Rugby-2_web-2.jpg

I'd like this one. There's a small church in the South-West of France called Notre-Dame de Rugby. I visited it some tyears ago. There are many items given by famous Rugby players. There's pelerinage once a year with a mess to pray for saving the souls and bodies of all the Rugbymen.
</div>

<div align="center">
I'd like this one. There's a small church in the South-West of France called Notre-Dame de Rugby. I visited it some tyears ago. There are many items given by famous Rugby players. There's pelerinage once a year with a mess to pray for saving the souls and bodies of all the Rugbymen.
[/b][/quote]

Formidable, Ou est dans le sud-ouest de France est les eglise? Jai travail avec mon amiche aux Lourdes dans Juliet.

alternatively :

Cool, whereabouts in South West France is it?....I am off there in a few weeks.

<div class='quotemain'>
<div align="center">
[/b][/quote]

Formidable, Ou est dans le sud-ouest de France est les eglise? Jai travail avec mon amiche aux Lourdes dans Juliet.

alternatively :

Cool, whereabouts in South West France is it?....I am off there in a few weeks.
[/b][/quote]

It's in the Landes county close to Mont de Marsan in a village called Larrivière which is at 15 km. Lourdes is closer to Pau, it's at approximately 120 km, so it's between 1h30 and 2h driving distance.

Here a footage about the last pelerinage: http://13h.tf1.fr/13h/series/0,,3461345,00...ns-landes-.html

The all blacks are not all dark islanders. Theres pasty white guys on that team too....

well im guessing thats the all blacks portrayed in teh drawing... [/b]

Yeah that's what I spotted out too when I saw it but yes again it's the philosophy behind the artwork.

Have you noticed that Ronald McDonald rides the white elephant? [/b]

Oh right...hmmm I'm not sure what it means but I know that it represents USA...and obviously the American footballers represent USA too. :D

Latest posts