Rugby Vs Gridiron immortalised in Indian art

R

RoyalBlueStuey

http://www.singhtwins.co.uk/gals/battel.htm

battel.jpg

Well I liked it anyway

O

O'Rothlain

Odd...what's that all about? I mean, it's interesting, but is the artist trying to talk about commercialization?

R

RoyalBlueStuey

Odd...what's that all about? I mean, it's interesting, but is the artist trying to talk about commercialization?
[/b]

I tihnk there's a load of slightly pretentious blurb about the picture in the gallery section of their site.

I just like their style...I'm a sucker for that indian artwork, I think it's even cooler when it's got a contempory slant on it. They did a re-working of the Liverpool coat of arms for our 2008 Capital of Culture year.

St George's Hall

Q

QKXV

bit weird how the ram(gridiron) ends up having elephant feet (rugby, clearly the all blacks - listen to the heads swell)......omg.... I just realised both sports are represented as elephants

I can't say that I like it at all, although having looked at the gallery there's some really good ones on there

O

O'Rothlain

Liverpool1.jpg

Yeah...this is definitely cool...
It has a very "old-world" sort of style to it...you'd only know it's modern by the buidings...very cool.

A

allblacksfreak

That's Gavin Henson on the right. Don't know who the pasty dude is.
[/b]

HAhahahah good one!! man, it took me a while actually.. u made me look up to the elephant painting and look for a gavin henson look a like there... lol.. obviously u were talkin bout the last one.. lmao..

C

collegeriflesncstate

The all blacks are not all dark islanders. Theres pasty white guys on that team too....

well im guessing thats the all blacks portrayed in teh drawing...

D

Dmx#1

Liverpool1.jpg

Yeah...this is definitely cool...
It has a very "old-world" sort of style to it...you'd only know it's modern by the buidings...very cool. [/b]

Thats the kind of picture a stoner would benefit in buying assuming he has some cash left lol. Just toke up and buzz out that picture for hours.

D

DonBilly

<div align="center">
ND-Rugby-2_web-2.jpg

I'd like this one. There's a small church in the South-West of France called Notre-Dame de Rugby. I visited it some tyears ago. There are many items given by famous Rugby players. There's pelerinage once a year with a mess to pray for saving the souls and bodies of all the Rugbymen.
</div>

R

RoyalBlueStuey

<div align="center">
I'd like this one. There's a small church in the South-West of France called Notre-Dame de Rugby. I visited it some tyears ago. There are many items given by famous Rugby players. There's pelerinage once a year with a mess to pray for saving the souls and bodies of all the Rugbymen.
[/b][/quote]

Formidable, Ou est dans le sud-ouest de France est les eglise? Jai travail avec mon amiche aux Lourdes dans Juliet.

alternatively :

Cool, whereabouts in South West France is it?....I am off there in a few weeks.

D

DonBilly

<div class='quotemain'>
<div align="center">
[/b][/quote]

Formidable, Ou est dans le sud-ouest de France est les eglise? Jai travail avec mon amiche aux Lourdes dans Juliet.

alternatively :

Cool, whereabouts in South West France is it?....I am off there in a few weeks.
[/b][/quote]

It's in the Landes county close to Mont de Marsan in a village called Larrivière which is at 15 km. Lourdes is closer to Pau, it's at approximately 120 km, so it's between 1h30 and 2h driving distance.

Here a footage about the last pelerinage: http://13h.tf1.fr/13h/series/0,,3461345,00...ns-landes-.html

W

Wellycane

The all blacks are not all dark islanders. Theres pasty white guys on that team too....

well im guessing thats the all blacks portrayed in teh drawing... [/b]

Yeah that's what I spotted out too when I saw it but yes again it's the philosophy behind the artwork.

W

Wellycane

Have you noticed that Ronald McDonald rides the white elephant? [/b]

Oh right...hmmm I'm not sure what it means but I know that it represents USA...and obviously the American footballers represent USA too. :D

Latest posts