• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby World Cup 2015 Game Announced

This looks terrible in every single way! These people should be banned for ever making a game again.

Absolute rubbish

So I sent HB Studios a little email letting them know what I think of their attempt at a video game and this was their reply..... apparently its the publishers fault and not the developer at all................:huh:

Thank you for getting in contact with HB Studios. We appreciate any feedback we can get. We are not the owners of the ***le 'Rugby World Cup 2015' And were hired by the publisher to develop the game for them. I am sorry that you were not happy with your purchase and may I suggest that you contact them to receive your feedback. The publisher is Big Ben Interactive.

As you know we have been in the business for a long time and have released more than 46 ***les. Most of those have been at the request of the publisher but we are proud of our own ***le www.thegolfclubgame.com which we released last year. Please take a look. I know it is a different sport but I think you may like it.
<strike></strike>

So I sent HB Studios a little email letting them know what I think of their attempt at a video game and this was their reply..... apparently its the publishers fault and not the developer at all................:huh:

Thank you for getting in contact with HB Studios. We appreciate any feedback we can get. We are not the owners of the ***le ‘Rugby World Cup 2015’ And were hired by the publisher to develop the game for them. I am sorry that you were not happy with your purchase and may I suggest that you contact them to receive your feedback. The publisher is Big Ben Interactive.

As you know we have been in the business for a long time and have released more than 46 ***les. Most of those have been at the request of the publisher but we are proud of our own ***le www.thegolfclubgame.com which we released last year. Please take a look. I know it is a different sport but I think you may like it.
<strike></strike>

A general job outline for a developer (games or any other software) is to basically to develop within the client specification and budget. From the looks of it, Big Ben Interactive seemed to just want to smash out as cheap a game to try and cash in on the licence and HB were forced to stick to that.

Really frustrating as a fan and consumer - comes across that HB feel the same, and are trying to distance themselves from this pile of tripe. At least as much as they can...

Last edited:
It's not quite as bad as Rugby 15, opposition line speed isn't as ridiculously quick so you have time to kick at least. Unlike the last RWC game there's a custom cup option this time too. It's a tragedy these things (particularly line speed) weren't patched into Rugby 15 but I've learned to approach rugby games with rock bottom expectations these days.

Is anyone going to bother with an edit file for updating names on unlicensed teams?

Agreed it's not as bad, still bad though. You can just continually pass from side to side with it rarely not going to your players, as soon as your about to be tackled just pass, and pass again, repeat untill over the try line. Can probably play a whole game without a ruck ever forming. It's bananas

Latest posts