• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby World Cup 2019 predictions

No probs ncurd... I find you generally very objective (for an Arrogantish ;)) and think you communicate that stance well... I'm just bored and yanking your chain a little.
Hell doth freezeth over a Welshman calling me objective.

TBH, I don't even remember writing 'even' before Scotland haha. It might have been because I wrote it off the back of their performance at the weekend. I thought I was objective too. Perhaps I'm more arrogant than I realised?

Wales will make semi final at best, ireland will lose to sa or nz in quaters

Only 4 teams can make the final eng nz sa and perhaps france

TBH, I don't even remember writing 'even' before Scotland haha. It might have been because I wrote it off the back of their performance at the weekend. I thought I was objective too. Perhaps I'm more arrogant than I realised?

Mate don't take it the wrong way, it cracked me up... as did the @ncurd post.

Keep up the subtle digs people!

I don't think it will happen, but if SA manage to win the final, then it will be such massive irony. Being beaten by Japan in the last world cup, and then winning the WC in Japan.

I don't think it will happen, but if SA manage to win the final, then it will be such massive irony. Being beaten by Japan in the last world cup, and then winning the WC in Japan.

To be fair, it seems like it's kind of a trend with us. We were a shambles in 2003 but managed to reach the playoffs, and then lost to New Zealand in the QF's, then in 2007 we had a competent coach, a good unity in the team and some great performers, with a guy like Os Du Randt having a go at a second bite for the World Cup Cherry...

Ireland peaked two years back

Wales can grind out a win against NH teams but will lose against any SH team they face

Eng has got a shot ,so does SA and NZ ,don't know who the forth will be ..probably argentina

Apology accepted! I'm not concerned by what someone who thinks the second best team in the 6nation's is France thinks!

Like Most SH viewers we don't really care what happens up north as we see you as the second tier rugby nations.

Who was in last WC semi's ?

O yes all 4 SH teams

Ignore the WUM!

I for one am dreading the prospect of having an Ireland vs. SA QF
I think its a sleeper for the most interesting match up in the world cup. Loads recent of connections with your coaching team and a lot of our players as well as it being two sides that haven't played each other too recently, and when they did it may as well have not been SA.

Based on the year so far you'll take it handy but if we can get back to anywhere near our form of 2018 I think us having the more settled and experienced squad could tip the balance back our way. Even then if we're playing well I'd rather have NZ in the QF, we're as bad a match up for them as anyone.

Like Most SH viewers we don't really care what happens up north as we see you as the second tier rugby nations.

Who was in last WC semi's ?

O yes all 4 SH teams
And none of those teams have a winning record against little tier 2 Ireland since.

#southernhemisphererugbyisntgood

Last edited:
Don't worry dude SA will crush ireland.

I'm not so sure. Schmidt is returning to NZ after the WC, and his team would want to give him a great performance. He's the smartest coach in the world in my view.

I mean it's a pretty good joke for anyone suggest France will win.....
It definitely is.
The only objective for France this time around precisely is to not be a joke. Our number 10 Camille Lopez said in a L'Equipe interview a month ago that the players "don't want to look like clowns".
Getting our credibility back is the main goal, getting out of the pool would be a nice bonus, but we're the underdogs and England and Argentina are the clear front-runners.

It definitely is.
The only objective for France this time around precisely is to not be a joke. Our number 10 Camille Lopez said in a L'Equipe interview a month ago that the players "don't want to look like clowns".
Getting our credibility back is the main goal, getting out of the pool would be a nice bonus, but we're the underdogs and England and Argentina are the clear front-runners.
France are way better than Argentina.

Latest posts