SA vs Ireland
Eng vs Aus
France vs Wales

Semi
Nz vs Eng
SA vs france

SA vs eng winners SA

Nz 3rd

Anyone betting on SA to win the final is soooo high (said in a stoner voice)

:D

Anyone betting on SA to win the final is soooo high (said in a stoner voice)

:D

How so? I think we've had the best preparation since 2007, and we have the belief that we can go all the way. Plus we are in the unique situation that a lot of our players are already familiar with the conditions in Japan, having played for the local clubs. Add to that we have the confidence, in that we haven't lost a single game all year, we have minimal injuries, and our guys are in good form and have been conditioned very well.

But most of all, we've learned to adapt and change our playing style depending on our opposition, we actually have a plan B. We have apt goal kickers should the game become a wet affair, and we have guys that can compete should there be a ping-pong contest. I'm a lot more optimistic than what I was for 2015, and there we lost to Japan and still made it to the semi's, where we lost by just 2 points...

Honestly would prefer a six-way round robin between those teams to a world cup.
On top of the 6N, AIs and Rugby Championship don't you think that might get a little......samey? They'd probably play each other a couple of times in warm ups too.

I'd take it if you were willing to can the AIs and Championship. The 6N of course being sacrosanct as the best competition in the world :)

Not much difference there between 2nd 3rd and 4th. Massive difference between 1st and 2nd.

Can't say I'm convinced of NZ being almost odds on favourites but hey ho.

So far, my prediction is for Ireland to take it. I just think Joe Schmidt is such a great coach, and he will get them to go all the way.

Wales are good, but come on!
Refering to the odds ;)

If you look even Wales are within the same ball park as SA, Eng, Ire

Think too many bets on NZ and just trying to stop anyone really be interested.

Refering to the odds ;)

Gonna seem like rinse and repeat but that's another 'ouch' right there!

Last edited:
Refering to the odds ;)

Terrible value for NZ yeah, basically evens to beat three of the top 5 without losing. They haven't done that since 2017 I don't think.

Gonna seem like rinse and repeat but that's another 'ouch' right there!
Your going to make me repeat I think Wales have more chance than England as many times as you can between now and both getting knocked out the world cup aren't you ;)

Your going to make me repeat I think Wales have more chance than England as many times as you can between now and both getting knocked out the world cup aren't you ;)

Maybe just the once more and I'll actually believe you :)

If it helps it's not because I rate Wales. It's because I can absolutely see no way England won't cock up 1 of the 3 games they have to win.

It doesn't need to help, just find it amusing is all... in much the same way that on the Italy vs Russia thread @BPM was saying how 'Russia would get walloped by Ireland, Japan and even Scotland'. Found that hilarious and saw parallels in your 'even Wales' post.

It doesn't need to help, just find it amusing is all... in music the same way that on the Italy vs Russia thread @BPM was saying how 'Russia would get walloped by Ireland, Japan and even Scotland'. Found that hilarious and saw parallels in your 'even Wales' post.
That was more to do with odds and Wales being twice(ISH) as unlikely according them as the other top 5 teams. I really don't agree with that either BTW.

That was more to do with odds and Wales being twice(ISH) as unlikely according them as the other top 5 teams. I really don't agree with that either BTW.

No probs ncurd... I find you generally very objective (for an Arrogantish ;)) and think you communicate that stance well... I'm just bored and yanking your chain a little.

Latest posts