• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby World Cup TV

Horacito

Bench Player
Country Flag
Argentina
Hello everyone.

After all, I won't be able to go to every match in this world cup, at least not every of Argentina.

I would like to know if there is a service, a legal service with wich I could pay and get proper definition, HD if possible.

Something like NBA, NFL, etc.

Thank you very much gents.

Will you be in Argentina or elsewhere during the WC?

In Germany, Eurosport will show at least 20 matches on free TV (in SD, HD is pay TV), maybe more on pay TV. They also have their Eurosport Player which you can subscribe to (they also offer monthly subscriptions). They'll show all matches from the quarter finals onwards as well as the group stage matches of the most important countries.

If Eurosport shows the games in Germany, it would be a fact that Austria get the same package.
That would be really cool!

Yep, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Luxembourg and Liechtenstein. They have exclusive rights for Germany, non-exclusive rights for the others.

There are hundreds of British run bars on the costa with Sky Dishes all able to show ITV, ITV will be showing every game and highlights.

If they are internet connected, absolutely! Unfortunately, the days of getting ITV or BBC through a dish are over!

If they are internet connected, absolutely! Unfortunately, the days of getting ITV or BBC through a dish are over!

Oh sorry not been to Spain for 2 years, not keeping up with the times, I bet bar owners will have thought ways round it, the last World Cup I was in France and watched games in bars that were from French broadcaster Canal, the WC 8 years ago I was in Kos and watched several games in bars there, sadly will probably be in the UK in the living room for most of this one round ticket prices are ridiculously priced for the home nations, although have got tickets for Georgia V Tonga at Gloucester which I'm expecting to be competitive.
The only Wales match which was affordable was the Uruguay game, didn't fancy that not sure I could cope with the maths on the score board.

Yeah that's an option, the problem is that I intend to watch the whole thing and I can't stay all the at the pub. You know, stuying reasons and also working reasons.

However, I just found this:
http://www.rugbyonlinestream.com

Anybody ever tried? 40 bucks a year 480, 720 1080 and so on.

Not really freesat delivers both, no internet required.... Lots of people going for the IPtv boxes now as well...

Yeah that's an option, the problem is that I intend to watch the whole thing and I can't stay all the at the pub. You know, stuying reasons and also working reasons.

However, I just found this:
http://www.rugbyonlinestream.com

Anybody ever tried? 40 bucks a year 480, 720 1080 and so on.

Save your money and look into a vpn solution that will allow you to jump ip and open up its player etc...

Or SmartDNS. Works better than VPN and ITV usually is supported.

Not really freesat delivers both, no internet required.... Lots of people going for the IPtv boxes now as well...

Not down in Spain as footprint has moved north!

I have 3 meter dish on Spanish border with France and BBC and ITV suffer interruption due to low signal in bad weather...when that happens, often, I have to resort to Internet!

Northern Europe has not had the same problems as Southern since the changes early last year!

Or SmartDNS. Works better than VPN and ITV usually is supported.

Faster for sure, but a lot of apps like netflix are starting to route through the googledns so you're bypassing the smartdns service.

- - - Updated - - -

Not down in Spain as footprint has moved north!

I have 3 meter dish on Spanish border with France and BBC and ITV suffer interruption due to low signal in bad weather...when that happens, often, I have to resort to Internet!

Northern Europe has not had the same problems as Southern since the changes early last year!

yeah, my brother is having a similar issue with his down south...

Faster for sure, but a lot of apps like netflix are starting to route through the googledns so you're bypassing the smartdns service.
Sure, apps might be a problem, on the PC, it's not.

- - - Updated - - -

yeah, my brother is having a similar issue with his down south...
It has also become harder in many parts of Germany, fortunately, it's still ok here, but despite upgrading to a 100cm dish, I do have some problems now during summer.

Latest posts