Kiwiwomble

International
TRF Legend
Country Flag
New Zealand
Club or Nation
Otago
97061920_10217262913020417_4378177184938852352_n.jpg

dont have high hopes for the Highlanders...weren't exactly on fire before COVID and now just against just the NZ teams...

not a bad draw for us though, bye in the second and seventh weeks

anyone not normally a Super Rugby Fan thinking of checking it out?

I'll be disappointed if we don't get a good following from members of this forum. Come on, by whatever means, VPN if necessary, follow the super 5.

the highlanders if you are Scottish
The chiefs if you are welsh, because gatland.
The blues and the hurricanes if you are Irish, because blue and yellow make green, and Schmidt was a teacher in the hurricanes region and an assistant coach at the blues.
The crusaders of you are English, you know, because of the arrogance. ;)
The blues if you are French, les bleus.
If you are Australian, South African, or Argentinian then you probably already have a favourite, or least disliked, nz team.
If you are American, the blues because they have (mind blank. Edit: Tony lamborn) dude that played for the eagles, exceptionally well.
If you are from the islands, whichever team your cousin plays for.
If you are Canadian, the chiefs because ardron
If you are Japanese, the chiefs because leitch.

Last edited:

I was going to give you a pass on a few of those but cant let this go

Joesph and Brown? Tanaka and Horie? Karne Hesketh scored that try over south africa played for otago....we have a strong claim to those Japanese fans!

I was going to give you a pass on a few of those but cant let this go

Joesph and Brown? Tanaka and Horie? Karne Hesketh scored that try over south africa played for otago....we have a strong claim to those Japanese fans!
Ok, that wasn't fully thought through. I guess you can have the Irish too given your green kit.

Living in the states, I can count the number of matches I've seen in real time on one hand lol

97061920_10217262913020417_4378177184938852352_n.jpg

dont have high hopes for the Highlanders...weren't exactly on fire before COVID and now just against just the NZ teams...

not a bad draw for us though, bye in the second and seventh weeks

anyone not normally a Super Rugby Fan thinking of checking it out?

Thanks Jabby, that's good news! But someone's going to have to teach me how to pronounce Aotearoa. :cool:

Living in the states, I can count the number of matches I've seen in real time on one hand lol

Same here. I'm 3 hours closer to SupeRugby and you're 3 hours closer to PRO14. But we rarely get to watch any matches in real time. Thanks goodness for ESPN+.

I'll be disappointed if we don't get a good following from members of this forum. Come on, by whatever means, VPN if necessary, follow the super 5.

the highlanders if you are Scottish
The chiefs if you are welsh, because gatland.
The blues and the hurricanes if you are Irish, because blue and yellow make green, and Schmidt was a teacher in the hurricanes region and an assistant coach at the blues.
The crusaders of you are English, you know, because of the arrogance. ;)
The blues if you are French, les bleus.
If you are Australian, South African, or Argentinian then you probably already have a favourite, or least disliked, nz team.
If you are American, the blues because they have (mind blank. Edit: Tony lamborn) dude that played for the eagles, exceptionally well.
If you are from the islands, whichever team your cousin plays for.
If you are Canadian, the chiefs because ardron

My favorite New Zealand team is the Highlanders. And you're right, it's because of my Scottish roots. *I'm already looking forward to the Super 5.

Last edited:
any idea how much training time teams will be getting before the first round? Not much I'd imagine. We could be about to see some all-time classics in the "rusty first match performance" category.

any idea how much training time teams will be getting before the first round? Not much I'd imagine. We could be about to see some all-time classics in the "rusty first match performance" category.

Nz goes to level 2 on tuesday so they'll have pretty much 4 weeks

Nz goes to level 2 on tuesday so they'll have pretty much 4 weeks
I read that was part of the deal, getting 4 weeks' training before go time. Let's hope this whole thing doesn't backfire!

Latest posts