• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Running onto the ball?

K

kinkon89

ive now got rugby 06 on ps2 and was wondering how to make the player run onto the ball before recieving the ball?

it says in the instruction manual but still it doesnt work....anything im missing? :huh:

Hold down forward or backwards before you pass the ball, it varies depending on which view you use sometimes, works well on pc

Yep, on classic views 2 and 3, you will have to pull back on the left stick in the first half and push forwards in the second (if you're the home team - if you're playing away its the other way round). This is also the case for mauls and, I suspect, scrums.

However, on classic, side and broadcast views, this feature works correctly as explained in the manual i.e. push in the direction you're facing.

ive switched to side view and loving it way better than classic 2

and you can run onto the ball properly... sometimes a bit too fast though

Running on to the ball works really well when you swap the FH with a tackle-breaker (Umaga, O'Driscoll etc). If you run at the opposition's FH and manage to avoid the cover you always make big yards. And in the next ruck just go to the managment screen and swap the players back round again - or even better with another tackle-breaker who isn't in the ruck.

I don't know if I'm imaganing things, but if you pull the stick in the opposite direction to running onto the ball, then it seems to reset the line a bit deeper. The number 10 definitely takes a step back giving you more room when you pass the ball out through the line. I thought this might have just been the pocket set mve but it seems to happen before the triangle has turned green.

Originally posted by BigTen@Mar 2 2006, 08:41 AM
Running on to the ball works really well when you swap the FH with a tackle-breaker (Umaga, O'Driscoll etc). If you run at the opposition's FH and manage to avoid the cover you always make big yards. And in the next ruck just go to the managment screen and swap the players back round again - or even better with another tackle-breaker who isn't in the ruck.
I've tried this but it's hit and miss. Since the guy plays out of position he often knocks it on!

Originally posted by jimmy44@Mar 2 2006, 10:45 PM
I don't know if I'm imaganing things, but if you pull the stick in the opposite direction to running onto the ball, then it seems to reset the line a bit deeper. The number 10 definitely takes a step back giving you more room when you pass the ball out through the line. I thought this might have just been the pocket set mve but it seems to happen before the triangle has turned green.
:bravo:

thanks i gotta give that a try

sometimes i have great momentum and there is space out wide but i just run out of backs...

a guy usually cuts inside the fh (which is good for an inside ball at times) but i find this leaves too few backs to spread it wide to. the full back rarely joins the attacking line as well... maybe its just my team lacks flair :wah:

yay it works...im loving it....and the South African team..Habana's a fast motherfofo!

ive had 2 tries with the crosskick setplay with habana...LOVE THIS GAME!

especially on multiplayer

why couldnt this game have online play!?!?! :cryy:

Latest posts