• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Running Wild on Rugby 08 - my preview

hey st helens...great review..do you still think rugby league 2 is the greatest game in the world?...becoz we do

i idolize sidhe!!!19k

jesse im starting to get sick of your dumb questions [/b]

Why was that question dumb! :blink:

Anyway it is great to see that it has got some positive feedback, Thanks for all the info youve

given us

i wanna do a review myself, any chance of you guys sending me a copy so i can provide my own insight?? lol

did you play all multiplayer games or did you play against the AI as well? if you did, what is your opinion on the AI compared to rugby 06? [/b]

AI is very similar, I dont find it anymore of a challenge than 06. If anything its less challenging.

KR, Lockers,

Whats the editing side Like?? Can you edit team names, create your own teams.

Jeff

Hey can you just tell me if the graphics have improved from 06.

And also if you have played as a fench club team,are the teams licensed and

players licensed. e.g. S.Baba instead of Sireli Bobo.

[/b]

It looks better than 06. More realistic and smoother, not as rugged. As for the licenses, from what I could see it looked fully licensed but I didn't play with a French team so please don't quote me on that one.

any match facts like after the game like tackles made linebreaks etc [/b]

There's the usual stats. I didn't pay too much attention though, sorry.

jesse im starting to get sick of your dumb questions [/b]
There is no need to insult other members, If you don't like what Jesse has to say, don't read it.

Lol.....I can't ask questions as it seems you guys do not play on sideview...but I have to say you guys are very lucky indeed....

...we are very lucky the game is actually here next month rather than in 4 months!

The main question I have is the tackle ball area....any differences in the contesting of the ball...playing it with your hands....holding it in....people added to the ruck...isolated players????????

[/b]

Supposedly you can use R3 to cheat and hold the ball down to ensure you retain the ball. It's the same old though, make a break and get isolated and there's a good chance you turn the ball over. You do keep it sometimes though if your support is quick enough.

Nice review Hels. I know this is the third time I've asked this, have they improved the responsiveness on the right analogue or is there still that half a second delay.

Seeing as Lox plays it like League I'll ask, does the cross kick work better than in 06 and how is contesting the high ball from it?.

Seeing as Lox plays it like League I'll ask, does the cross kick work better than in 06 and how is contesting the high ball from it?. [/b]

Yes it does. I use it quite a lot. Contesting is better too, it feels more fluid rather than stuttering like 06.

Seeing as Lox plays it like League I'll ask, does the cross kick work better than in 06 and how is contesting the high ball from it?. [/b]

Conesting the high ball is better in that there are far more dropped balls from your players, it seems especially forwards. However its still far to easy to score a try by putting a ball up into the in goal area and catch to score as the AI still doesnt make any attempt to catch the ball in the air. As long as you dont drop it, its a try. When I was playing 06 I basically had to ban myself from bombs near the line as it was basically a try every time and so pointless. I still also think its far too easy to drive a forward over the line when only a metre or so away from their line.

Ok, answer me this, comparing 06 and 08, it seems that turnovers don't happen as much in 08, would it be fair to say that this could easily be turned into a Rugby League game?.

If it was going to be turned into a league game then theyd have to fix all the holes in the backiline, this is not acceptable in league. Theyd need more 2/3 man tackle animatons. Aside from that i think this would comvert to a great league game. Shame it will probably never happen. I know you didnt ask me, but there you go.

Latest posts