• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Running Wild on Rugby 08 - my preview

Ok, answer me this, comparing 06 and 08, it seems that turnovers don't happen as much in 08, would it be fair to say that this could easily be turned into a Rugby League game?. [/b]

Depends what you mean by easy? Yes the engine is there etc, but I think the AI would need a complete overhaul imo. Having said that, I have often wondered why HB just didnt put in a cheat code or something that would basically turn turn the ruck over to the opposition after six tackles. In all honesty I would probably have played the game that way if they had. I really couldnt see it being any more than an hour or so's work. These games are written in seperate modules any way so all they would have had to do is remove the ruck calculations module and insert a simple 6 and turnover counter. Its a pity the code cant be accessed as one of the modders on here could have probably done it.

It's the same old though, make a break and get isolated and there's a good chance you turn the ball over. You do keep it sometimes though if your support is quick enough.

Unfortunately this hurts the cpu more than the player, at least we know if we make a good break we can slow it down, run sideways grubber etc while the AI will just turn the ball over nicely. Can't say how many times the AI breaks my line (usually when I'm using house rules on defence), runs halfway up the field only to be tackled and turn the ball over.

<div class='quotemain'> yes [/b]

Is that a yes for players still knocking on the ball a lot when playing in a different positions?

Cheers

[/b][/quote]

Yes they do, even when you turn knock ons right down as far as it will go. I guess the only way around this is if someone was able to edit the stats so the game recognised every player as being capable of playing every position?

In Rugby 06 you could only be running onto the ball in one half for some stupid reason. I know you said you can run onto the ball better but is that for both halves?

Cheers guys love ya work!

In Rugby 06 you could only be running onto the ball in one half for some stupid reason. I know you said you can run onto the ball better but is that for both halves?

Cheers guys love ya work!

[/b]

Do I take it u played end to end camera? In the opposite half u have to press down not up to run onto the ball because u ave changed ends. ie first half = press up, second half = press down

Do rucks and mauls look more realistic than 06, what Irish stadiums are included and what is O'Gara's kicking power?

One last thing, have you noticed anything along the lines of the Nyanga glitch from 06?

Cheers.

jesse keeps asking the same questions which get annoying plus kabana floors picture is annoying considering hes hardly any good at all

jesse keeps asking the same questions which get annoying plus kabana floors picture is annoying considering hes hardly any good at all [/b]

I ask the same questions due to the fact i dont get an awnser. But i dont pressure anyone to tell me.

Plus Kabamba is my favourite player, im sure you have a favourite player also, so please stop

dissing me :rahh: . I am sorry this post has nothing to do with the thread.

It would be a little tougher to turn it into a league game.

You would have to stop the AI from kicking for territory early on in the tackle-count. In fact, like league their first couple of tackles would be fairly conservative - just one-up kind of stuff - before they started to play more expansively. Also work would need to be done on when they would kick the ball before the last tackle and an easy giving up of possession.

There would also be issues when it comes to defending - the defence ai would need to make sure that on the last two tackles there was plenty of kick defence.

But other than that - it would interesting to see how easily it could be changed.

im sorry jesse mate just frustrated at lack of official info on the game like everyone else

didnt realise your only 14 so i feel like a bit of a bully now

Latest posts